What do you guys think about stacking

JEDI_BROTHERS

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dude - I’m playing the Remake now - and couldn’t disagree more vehemently here!

Yes, the Ps3 game is great, but the remake is incredible and such a brilliant looking and lovingly updated game - It’s the version to play now - if you were going to play Demons Souls again and denied yourself the experience of the remake just to hold to a ‘No Stacks’ rule, you really would be doing yourself a disservice.

TBH, I really don’t even see Remakes as stacks at all.

The Shadow of the Colossus remake feels like a whole new experience.

FFVII Remake and Resident Evil 2 & 3 remakes even more so - they are basically brand new games - they are barely even the same genres as their ancestral predecessors.

Quickly goes on Google to see what vehemently means to not look stupid ^^

To be fair I couldn't play it if I wanted to as I don't own a PS5. I wouldn't play Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PS4, Bayonetta or God of War 3 Remastered to stack them despite my enjoyment of those games. The games are simply a graphical upgrade with a higher frame-rate, I guess I just love the OG experience :)

Let me start off by saying, yes I do have a few stacks. That said, I have changed my stance and I dislike stacking games personally. Remakes are fair game in my opinion. Honestly, I don't think it's that bad if people are earning the trophies in longer games (AAA games etc.) with time in between. 

The only thing that irks me is seeing 90+% games stacked 12 times in a row across all regions. That's cheesy and I'm not a fan. And I'm not a fan of autopop stacks either. 

• Like 1

Since I like to replay games, if there is a stack available then I will go for it after a year or so! Only exception to that was the Kingdom Hearts series, of which I wanted to get the full set of platinums before Kingdom Hearts III dropped in January 2019, but the problem was I created this account in August 2018 so I had a lot of work to do- five full playthroughs in total of Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories is not something I would recommend anybody do in their lifetime, let alone within a few months!

Glad to see almost everyone here has had the attitude of "I like it for myself and don't care what anyone else does" or "I don't like it for myself but I don't care what anyone else does".

• Like 1

I personally hate re-playing games (main reason I gather trophies in gaming, normally you don't have to grind in one game to make your super gud). So the only games I do stack are those EZPZ games or autopop. I could stack games like Heavy rain/Beyond two souls but nothing more.

Edited by Maverick6146
  • Like 1

I'm a wash since I've stacked twice on accident with counter-balancing results.  Defender's Quest was ridiculously fun so playing twice was a treat.  Mistakenly staking Pix the Cat just increased the number of UR trophies I will never earn.  John Wick was the first game to tempt me to try region stacks, but I wussed out and moved on.

Region stacks strike me as a mean method of consumer manipulation, like prestige pricing or selling addictive products, but ultimately it's a consumer decision. If the demand warrants the supply, then so be it, and respect to whoever figured out people will pay to play three different versions of Chickens on the Road.

Edited by pogo_loco
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I wanted to take a bit of a poll to see some opinions on stacking Platinums on your list (ie. RE5 PS3 + RE5 PS4) and to a more 'guilty' extent, autopopping PS5 Plats from PS4 lists? I kinda go back and forth between both camps. I like the clean look of having only one of each game on a list, but I also see the appeal of Platting a game multiple times if you really enjoy it. PS5 autopops feel cheap since you can just get them in seconds, but on the other hand Sony designed it that way and you put the work in on the original game. What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh I see this thread ending well 1f602.png

This has been brought up many times...basically every Sunday when like 6 new 1 :platinum: 11 :gold: games gets released.

My bad, guess I should have done a search, lol. I'm sure this sparks some major debates. Haha

Just now, VisibleBanana said:

My bad, guess I should have done a search, lol. I'm sure this sparks some major debates. Haha

all good. Yeah most threads get locked :P

As for me. I did autopop Sly Cooper and Sound Shapes back during the Vita/PS3 days (and I tried to do Sound Shapes PS4 legit again but 75% of the ways through Deathmode I gave up :D) but the amount of autopops/stacks of easy plats are just stupid nowadays.

I mean I can't really judge. I stacked Ratchet, Saints Row, Rayman and some others but there are accounts out there that are nothing but stacks of shitty 2 dollar games.

So it is what it is but I don't like where trophies are heading.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

all good. Yeah most threads get locked :P

As for me. I did autopop Sly Cooper and Sound Shapes back during the Vita/PS3 days (and I tried to do Sound Shapes PS4 legit again but 75% of the ways through Deathmode I gave up :D) but the amount of autopops/stacks of easy plats are just stupid nowadays.

I mean I can't really judge. I stacked Ratchet, Saints Row, Rayman and some others but there are accounts out there that are nothing but stacks of shitty 2 dollar games.

So it is what it is but I don't like where trophies are heading.

Ya I'm not a fan of the PS5 auto pop. It should be more of a choice imo in system settings. Those that want to can, those that don't, don't. 

I hardly see Sony doing that though. 

Had to hide my ps5 FF7Remake plat because I didn't know fully transferring the data would auto pop, and it screwed up my fastest platinum. 

It is what it is. 

But an option of carrying over data while not auto popping would be nice. 

Edit: I'm exhausted, thought this was about auto popping on ps5, not just stacking. 

As far as stacking, I'm not gonna judge anyone, not my cup of tea to stack, that's all really. People do what you want, I see no problem. 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya I'm not a fan of the PS5 auto pop. It should be more of a choice imo in system settings. Those that want to can, those that don't, don't. 

I hardly see Sony doing that though. 

Had to hide my ps5 FF7Remake plat because I didn't know fully transferring the data would auto pop, and it screwed up my fastest platinum. 

It is what it is. 

But an option of carrying over data while not auto popping would be nice. 

Edit: I'm exhausted, thought this was about auto popping on ps5, not just stacking. 

As far as stacking, I'm not gonna judge anyone, not my cup of tea to stack, that's all really. People do what you want, I see no problem. 

Well to be fair it was about autopopping as well but i think a mod combined that thread with this thread. The thread i replied to only had 4 replies.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

Well to be fair it was about autopopping as well but i think a mod combined that thread with this thread. The thread i replied to only had 4 replies.

Ahh ok, now I feel less stupid xD

And that's always a good thing lol

• Like 1

On 20.05.2020 at 1:31 PM, abhinandhan22 said:

I think its fine. Have only done it once and probably won't do it again cuz I don't want to be spending money on these games that much but who cares if people do it for the numbers game

It's just that some people use this opportunity as a loophole.

• 2 weeks later...

Stacking regions isn't for me personally but it doesn't bother me if others want to do it.  I've never done any save transfer autopops either, I try to do all mine the old fashioned way but that's just me, to each their own.  The only games I have multiple :platinum: for are ones I enjoyed enough to buy/play again on a newer console... for example I've platted Minecraft, Far Cry 3 and Skyrim on both PS3 and PS4.  I'm sure there are several PS4 games that came with the free PS5 upgrade copy that I'll do as well when I finally get my hands on a PS5 lol.

Edited by felatio_deltoro

• 2 years later...

Regional stacking was a mistake and I envy any reality in which SIE (then SCE) never implemented such upon introducing the PlayStation trophy system on July 2, 2008.

BTW they missed their chance to get rid of it upon altering how games/trophies worked when the PS5 launched. If you ask me, this was very much intentional because otherwise they wouldn’t profit a little more from the sub-culture of gamers that is trophy collectors/hunters. Ironically, owning a PSN account tied to foreign countries/regions (a.k.a. having entered false account information) goes against the Terms Of Service however SIE very rarely, if ever, takes action against users for that reason.

Edited by Dry

I think I have a different idea of what stack means, to me stack was popping the same shovelware in 5 different regions in 10 minutes, that's a bit lame but their business not mine.

But if stacking means playing games that I love twice because I love them enough to plat  them again then I'm a stacking hoe, if they ever release Ni No Kuni for PS5 I'm platinum it again for the 3rd time, love that game so much.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1