Cheats & Trophy Guide

IBadDriverI

I was really excited when I finally saw another 3-match game. But then I saw your video. What the Fuck?! A cheat code to unlock a gold medal on each level without even playing them?

I mean, why bother making a game when developers decide to "press a button and ignore the game I spend weeks/months making"? 

Thanks for the head up, I'm saving my 7 euros, cause I don't support these kind of shit. 

• Like 4

On 21/05/2020 at 3:30 AM, TurtlePM said:

I was really excited when I finally saw another 3-match game. But then I saw your video. What the Fuck?! A cheat code to unlock a gold medal on each level without even playing them?

I mean, why bother making a game when developers decide to "press a button and ignore the game I spend weeks/months making"? 

Thanks for the head up, I'm saving my 7 euros, cause I don't support these kind of shit. 

You can still play the game Legitimately and have fun.

Nobody is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to use cheats are they?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, usapro2017 said:

You can still play the game Legitimately and have fun.

Nobody is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to use cheats are they?

Afff the usual "nobody's pointing you a gun and forcing you" cliché comment -_-

Yes, I can play it legitimately and have fun, however, since I don't support devs that offer trophies like this, I won't spend money on it. That's why I'm disappointed, it's another cash grab with zero effort by simply intensionaly pressing a button and get everything.  If you were a developer and spent weeks or months making a videogame, I'm sure you'd want people to PLAY your game. If it was about selling platinums, you could just spend some hours doing something awful and a cheat code to unlock the trophies. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

Are there any other games like this and The Treasures of Montezuma on PS4? I enjoyed it very much. 

I was thinking about creating a topic about this. Today I was trying to find a list of games similar to ToM4, Rune Lord and Gems of War (tile matching or match three), though most of those game were old (delisted, at least here in Portugal) and the other ones were a little bit off. 

In none of my research Rune Lord was mentioned and it has been released on PC (and mobile I guess) last year, therefore those lists are not that "updated". So I was wondering the same things: what similar games can we get on PS4? 

Another one: Frozen (guess the DLC is delisted) and Marvel Puzzle Quest. 

Oh man I love Match 3 games, but is this game any good? Would you recommend it?

I feel kinda weird playing this on a PS4, having said that I did enjoy Bejeweled on PS3, kinda wish it was for Vita

On 5/24/2020 at 5:55 AM, IBadDriverI said:

Marvel Puzzle Quest, Gems of War, Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlord

I didn't realise so many Match 3 games existed...

Edited by enaysoft

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 3:26 PM, TurtlePM said:

I was thinking about creating a topic about this. Today I was trying to find a list of games similar to ToM4, Rune Lord and Gems of War (tile matching or match three), though most of those game were old (delisted, at least here in Portugal) and the other ones were a little bit off. 

In none of my research Rune Lord was mentioned and it has been released on PC (and mobile I guess) last year, therefore those lists are not that "updated". So I was wondering the same things: what similar games can we get on PS4? 

Another one: Frozen (guess the DLC is delisted) and Marvel Puzzle Quest. 

Tinas toy factory

metropolis : lux Obscura 

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 9:30 PM, TurtlePM said:

Yeah i am bummed too. Game looked to be a fun .... we are getting a lot of games of late with these cheat codes or get all trophies without actually playing a  game

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 3:07 AM, TurtlePM said:

Yes, I can play it legitimately and have fun, however, since I don't support devs that offer trophies like this, I won't spend money on it. That's why I'm disappointed, it's another cash grab with zero effort by simply intensionaly pressing a button and get everything.  If you were a developer and spent weeks or months making a videogame, I'm sure you'd want people to PLAY your game. If it was about selling platinums, you could just spend some hours doing something awful and a cheat code to unlock the trophies. 

Well tbh, not all devs are aware people will find the dev consoles in games. Maybe it's one of those situations?

• Like 3

On 03/07/2020 at 3:47 PM, Nitro said:

Well tbh, not all devs are aware people will find the dev consoles in games. Maybe it's one of those situations?

That's a possibility, yes, but honestly, I'll choose... 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

It's a Konami code in disguise. I'm almost certain they meant to add this cheat code to make the platinum easier. It doesn't work as a "debug mode" either, it would be a simple "level select" for this kind of game. Instead, they added an option to complete the level and another one to complete the level with gold - why both options?

They could also fixed it by now if that's the case. It's not like Jak Trilogy where they found a decade later, long after ND moved on... 

16 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

That's a possibility, yes, but honestly, I'll choose... 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

It's a Konami code in disguise. I'm almost certain they meant to add this cheat code to make the platinum easier. It doesn't work as a "debug mode" either, it would be a simple "level select" for this kind of game. Instead, they added an option to complete the level and another one to complete the level with gold - why both options?

They could also fixed it by now if that's the case. It's not like Jak Trilogy where they found a decade later, long after ND moved on... 

Why both options: Because that's an easy way to debug. To make sure characters aren't getting too many points, to make sure particular instances aren't giving you gold when you complete levels etc.

They could also fixed it now if that's the case: I'm sure this game made heaps. I'm sure it made enough money to be able to afford to patch out commands from the game. I've heard (admittedly from 2013) $40,000 for a patch. Whether or not it has changed, I don't know - but assuming it is, it is quite a bit of money for a match 3 game which probably didn't have a big demographic in the first place, to be able to pay.

22 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Why both options: Because that's an easy way to debug. To make sure characters aren't getting too many points, to make sure particular instances aren't giving you gold when you complete levels etc.

They could also fixed it now if that's the case: I'm sure this game made heaps. I'm sure it made enough money to be able to afford to patch out commands from the game. I've heard (admittedly from 2013) $40,000 for a patch. Whether or not it has changed, I don't know - but assuming it is, it is quite a bit of money for a match 3 game which probably didn't have a big demographic in the first place, to be able to pay.

Maybe that's the cost for putting a team of a triple A company working on a full patch (fixing loads of glitches/bugs/exploits) for weeks/months after the game release.

I mean, Gems of War is a match 3 game and it has loads of DLCs and patches. Sure they have micro transactions, but 40k for each of their hundreds of patches?

My question about both options is about your reply, how could this cheat code be similar to a debug mode and, therefore, not be meant by devs for players to find it? 

On 5/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, FranciRoosters said:

Are there any other games like this and The Treasures of Montezuma on PS4? I enjoyed it very much. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1021-4-elements-hd (love this one)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1069-arkedo-series-02-swap

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5694-gem-smashers

Edited by MMDE

18 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Maybe that's the cost for putting a team of a triple A company working on a full patch (fixing loads of glitches/bugs/exploits) for weeks/months after the game release.

I mean, Gems of War is a match 3 game and it has loads of DLCs and patches. Sure they have micro transactions, but 40k for each of their hundreds of patches?

My question about both options is about your reply, how could this cheat code be similar to a debug mode and, therefore, not be meant by devs for players to find it? 

Well I mean I wouldn't consider a game published by 505 Games exactly indie. They have money behind them especially with games like Dead By Daylight, Control, Virginia, Terraria, Payday 2 and Assetto Corsa under their belts. Even by those titles alone I'd say they have a bit of cash. Plus you say how there are micro-transactions, but there are also unlocks to get stuff early and packs of up to $140+... I'd say the game is doing alright, even moreso if it's still being supported with events and such. 

Mind you, Rune Lord is a ONE TIME PURCHASE with no more added ways of making revenue and is independently published.

To the last part of your message, I'm assuming you didn't read my previous reply, otherwise you would understand how it could be used for debugging. Also, a cheat code doesn't show the tracking stats of the counters, that is what happens in a debug/development mode of a game. Even in the latest Star Wars game to re-release (Episode I: Racers), the cheat code menu doesn't have counters or stats because it is a CHEAT CODE, not a development menu.

Compare it to the Jak series however and that DOES have cheat code menus.

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

Well I mean I wouldn't consider a game published by 505 Games exactly indie. They have money behind them especially with games like Dead By Daylight, Control, Virginia, Terraria, Payday 2 and Assetto Corsa under their belts. Even by those titles alone I'd say they have a bit of cash. Plus you say how there are micro-transactions, but there are also unlocks to get stuff early and packs of up to $140+... I'd say the game is doing alright, even moreso if it's still being supported with events and such. 

Mind you, Rune Lord is a ONE TIME PURCHASE with no more added ways of making revenue and is independently published.

To the last part of your message, I'm assuming you didn't read my previous reply, otherwise you would understand how it could be used for debugging. Also, a cheat code doesn't show the tracking stats of the counters, that is what happens in a debug/development mode of a game. Even in the latest Star Wars game to re-release (Episode I: Racers), the cheat code menu doesn't have counters or stats because it is a CHEAT CODE, not a development menu.

Compare it to the Jak series however and that DOES have cheat code menus.

Yes, I didn't understand your previous reply because I haven't played the game. Same way I still don't understand how a match-3 game needs a debug mode other than a "level select screen", since it's not as complex as a 3D racing or a platforming game. 

A debug mode is not meant for the player to find it, while a cheat code is meant that way. That's the point of our conversation in the first place, if this "code" was meant to be found or not.

And apparently (in a literal way), devs were aware of this cheat code (maybe they also included in the review code email). The Xbox version was released on February and it already had this cheat code. PC version is even older, but I didn't search for this. If they wanted to remove this cheat code or simply lock trophies when activated, they could before releasing the game, on May, on PS4. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 7:19 PM, foursmols said:

I have every trophy except th play for 3 hours one. The timer skipped from 2.5 hours to 3.5 hours so I reset my save,and it happened again :/

I see you got this figured out, but for anyone else having the same problem -- the display of the timer is bugged to hell, but the actual timer seems to work correctly. The display jumped from 2:30 - 3:30 for me too (and many times before that) but then at 3:59:59 it rolled over to 3:00:00 and gave me the trophy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 1:07 PM, TurtlePM said:

Dude, who cares? Getting worked up about minor things like this is no way to live your life.