Experiences platinum Wolfenstein 2 and 100%

2 minutes ago, RabJammy said:

Es probablemente la mayor parte del trabajo que he puesto en un platino. El último trofeo que obtuve por el 100% fue Mein Leben. Tomó 37 intentos en el lapso de un mes, pero finalmente lo hice. Desde entonces me he tomado un descanso de los juegos "difíciles" y he tratado de divertirme. Realmente me golpeó la mierda, pero creo que valió la pena.

amazing.do you remember that feeling of happiness when you eliminate the last 2 enemies at the end and you just have to go up to kill the general engel?

My unforgettable moment was when I had completed all the Side Missions which would be my second last base game trophy, but the trophy didn't pop. It appears it's because I forgot to talk to the quest giver for Max's toys' so when I had completed it didn't register. Yeah, not a fan of Bethesda's buggy ass games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Mi momento inolvidable fue cuando completé todas las misiones secundarias, que sería mi segundo trofeo del último juego base, pero el trofeo no explotó. Parece que es porque olvidé hablar con el que da la búsqueda de los juguetes de Max, así que cuando lo completé no se registró. Sí, no soy fanático de los juegos de buggy ass de Bethesda.

that usually happens hahaha.

Have not had the pleasure of getting the plat yet, but I am getting more and more consistent at least. One of my favorite moments regarding the game was when I was able to beat the gunslinger joe DLC, particularly the challenge where you have to fight the KKK in a circle where everything around you is on fire lol. But this game is definitely hard as hell. I was able to beat Max Payne 3s NYMHC on my first attempt, but Mein Leben is much more difficult imo.

• Like 1

At the very end when I was on the rafters in the in the TV studio I thought then when I got down to Engel she was going kill me somehow, I’d be too slow or something but once I got down there and killed her I had a rush. I know it’s only a trophy but the time I had put into getting it.... months. 

The worst places that I died where Venus - I was kicking myself as I normally do OK on that part bait everything out and kill them (those set of double doors you see when you come up the stairs, two guys are to your left in the dining area). I always used to bait the first commander to the double doors by just waiting there for him never risked being quick or stealthy as knew I’d die. Died on the Ausmerzer 2 times: the vent above the first control room with the commander a nade got throw up and I didn’t see it; final boss I ran into a doorway and got stuck as I wasn’t really looking properly due to the fact I was keeping an eye on the bosses as I, ironically, didn’t want to die. 

Was great when I finally got the platinum though. In regards to the DLC they are tough yes but you can do each mission on Mein Leben rather than it all in one sitting which gives you a bit of a breather. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Have not had the pleasure of getting the plat yet, but I am getting more and more consistent at least. One of my favorite moments regarding the game was when I was able to beat the gunslinger joe DLC, particularly the challenge where you have to fight the KKK in a circle where everything around you is on fire lol. But this game is definitely hard as hell. I was able to beat Max Payne 3s NYMHC on my first attempt, but Mein Leben is much more difficult imo.

You are very right. the DLC are crazy and that moment of the dlc also

6 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

Al final, cuando estaba en las vigas del estudio de televisión, pensé que cuando llegara a Engel me iba a matar de alguna manera, sería demasiado lento o algo así, pero una vez que bajé allí y la maté, Tenía prisa. Sé que es solo un trofeo, pero el tiempo que había dedicado a conseguirlo ... meses. 

Los peores lugares en los que morí eran Venus: me estaba pateando a mí mismo, ya que normalmente lo hago bien por esa parte, cebo todo y los mato (ese conjunto de puertas dobles que ves cuando subes las escaleras, dos chicos están a tu izquierda en el comedor). Siempre solía atraer al primer comandante a las puertas dobles esperando que él nunca corriera el riesgo de ser rápido o sigiloso como sabía que moriría. Murió en el Ausmerzer 2 veces: el respiradero sobre la primera sala de control con el comandante a Nade fue vomitado y no lo vi; jefe final Me encontré con una puerta y me quedé atrapado ya que realmente no estaba mirando correctamente debido al hecho de que estaba vigilando a los jefes ya que, irónicamente, no quería morir. 

Sin embargo, fue genial cuando finalmente obtuve el platino. En lo que respecta al DLC, son difíciles, sí, pero puedes hacer cada misión en Mein Leben en lugar de todo en una sola sesión, lo que te da un poco de respiro. 

Venus... very difficult.  Actually, one of the riskiest stages is Venus. 

I watched a dozen Playthroughs and picked the best tactics from each. Having seen all levels so many times, I actually had not that many issues while playing. Though I died too many times in New Orleans, somehow this Chapter didnt work out for me.

When I finally got past NO, I also got the run. So I played Venus and Ausmerzer just once on Mein Leben.

Biggest fear was to fail "the jump" on Ausmerzer.

• Like 2

Well I will save this thread for when I start Wolfenstein 2, maybe who knows I might share my story here in the future. 

How much time does a Mein Leben run take? I already have a plan of attack for this game with Mein Leben runs starting on my 4th playthrough after going on I am Death Incarnated twice with saves on the difficult parts for training

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GardenOfSouls said:

Mi Trofeo Mein Leben tardó una semana en intentarlo. Alrededor de 15 intentos, creo. Memorizó todo el juego al revés. La peor parte fue morir en el pequeño salto de salto cuando corres por el ascensor con Anya, en la última misión jajajaja

excellent, few attempts

35 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Bueno, guardaré este hilo para cuando inicie Wolfenstein 2, tal vez quién sabe si podría compartir mi historia aquí en el futuro. 

¿Cuánto tiempo dura una carrera de Mein Leben? Ya tengo un plan de ataque para este juego con las carreras de Mein Leben que comienzan en mi cuarta jugada después de continuar, estoy encarnado en dos ocasiones con salvamento en las partes difíciles para el entrenamiento

I personally took about 3-4 in a mein leben race

58 minutes ago, Mori said:

I watched a dozen Playthroughs and picked the best tactics from each. Having seen all levels so many times, I actually had not that many issues while playing. Though I died too many times in New Orleans, somehow this Chapter didnt work out for me.

When I finally got past NO, I also got the run. So I played Venus and Ausmerzer just once on Mein Leben.

Biggest fear was to fail "the jump" on Ausmerzer.

true "the jump" I was still worried about it

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

At the very end when I was on the rafters in the in the TV studio I thought then when I got down to Engel she was going kill me somehow, I’d be too slow or something but once I got down there and killed her I had a rush. I know it’s only a trophy but the time I had put into getting it.... months. 

The worst places that I died where Venus - I was kicking myself as I normally do OK on that part bait everything out and kill them (those set of double doors you see when you come up the stairs, two guys are to your left in the dining area). I always used to bait the first commander to the double doors by just waiting there for him never risked being quick or stealthy as knew I’d die. Died on the Ausmerzer 2 times: the vent above the first control room with the commander a nade got throw up and I didn’t see it; final boss I ran into a doorway and got stuck as I wasn’t really looking properly due to the fact I was keeping an eye on the bosses as I, ironically, didn’t want to die. 

Was great when I finally got the platinum though. In regards to the DLC they are tough yes but you can do each mission on Mein Leben rather than it all in one sitting which gives you a bit of a breather. 

You know if you really want to kick yourself here something that in glad I discovered before playing the DLC. You only need to beat the last chapter of each on Mein leben. The first 2 can be done on CIPD. Probably saved me a lot of time.

• Like 2

This platinum took me about 3 months, died 3 times on the last section, but never on the final boss(thaks god). I had to master every single section, every single gunfight and every single shortcut/glicht to be faster.  The worst thing that can happen is when you easily pass some point in the game and you think you have mastered it, but after some tries you got stuck there and you die continuosly losing all the confidence(don't forget that every try need about 1/2 hours). When you know extremely well all the game it's time to believe that you can do that and when you kill General Engel on this difficult the feeling is amazing. My suggestion is that before you start trying this difficult make manual chackpoints on every chapter and train with that a lot, can be boring, but extremely usefull.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds very Super Meat Boy esque. I had to master all the levels in that game for the no death trophies.

Wolfenstein II is basically a 1 - 3 hour run where you CANNOT slip up. If it takes me 50+ attempts, so be it.

I think I'll do The Evil Within and Shadow Warrior, since they both have trophies that punish you for making a single slight mistake. Obviously Akumu Mode and Heroic Mode respectively aren't as difficult as Mein Leben.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2020 at 4:24 PM, MarioGiante said:

This platinum took me about 3 months, died 3 times on the last section, but never on the final boss(thaks god). I had to master every single section, every single gunfight and every single shortcut/glicht to be faster.  The worst thing that can happen is when you easily pass some point in the game and you think you have mastered it, but after some tries you got stuck there and you die continuosly losing all the confidence(don't forget that every try need about 1/2 hours). When you know extremely well all the game it's time to believe that you can do that and when you kill General Engel on this difficult the feeling is amazing. My suggestion is that before you start trying this difficult make manual chackpoints on every chapter and train with that a lot, can be boring, but extremely usefull.

Exactly, even you think you're good at a certain part/section don't get too comfortable. Speaking from personal experience, I thought I mastered Wheelchair part, Zidatelle section (Manhattan), Penthouse, and Roswell and was like "Okay, now no need to practice those sections ever again" but because of this attitude, I actually messed up my strategies and failed on those parts lol (I remember I missed the jump to conveyer belt or died right after rushing out of the elevator on Roswell). Try to get comfortable with the sections by manual saves and practices but don't get too comfortable and throw the stages away since anything can go on Mein Leben.

• Like 1

The penthouse is probably the worst part for me, everytime i do a practice on IADI I successfully beat it but when it comes to mein leben i feel that the enemies have different movements then i get stuck between them....

i passed the court room from the first time though but died to the Panzerhund section 

On 9/6/2020 at 12:46, MohandGamer7 said:

El penthouse es probablemente la peor parte para mí, cada vez que practico en IADI lo golpeo con éxito, pero cuando se trata de mí en mi opinión, siento que los enemigos tienen movimientos diferentes y luego me quedo atrapado entre ellos ...

Pasé la sala de la corte desde la primera vez, pero morí en la sección Panzerhund 

Very hard...

• 4 weeks later...

I died once in the area before the final boss because of that fucking bug where enemies can still shoot you through the cover, and i just layed on the floor for a minute and didn't move cause it took me 4 hours to get there ?. Thankfully i only had one painful death at the end like that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Radford999 said:

I have yet to play this game. So not even attempted the mein leben run. How hard is this platinum realistically? Has it gotten easier over time because of glitches and exploits? I’m tempted to give this game and mein leben a go.

It's quite easier from compared to release version since with the release of Agent Silent Death DLC and update for it, difficulties has been balanced so it's somewhat easier from Day 1.

For me the 2 worst parts were New Orleans and the Courthouse. I'd say 10 of my 16 Mein Leben deaths were in those sections. 2 on Venus, 1 on the very last fight, 1 in the beginning, 1 time in Manhattan and 1 time in Roswell. I think New Orleans in general was just chaotic as fuck all the way around. Rescuing Horton, the panzerhund section all the way to the end even when you get off of it gave me so much adrenaline. 

I practiced the courthouse fight the most, seeing as it was the middle of the game and right before you get your battle walkers. No matter how many times I practiced, there was a high chance that everything could go wrong. The trick is to be aggressive, at least that worked for me. 

I died against the last robot in the Ausmerzer and got so disappointed, until I found out that the foot soldiers are finite. I stacked bodies for like 8 minutes until I was sure it was just the robots. In general, the last mission is pretty easy, it's just your nerves that get you.

On 7/12/2020 at 5:31 AM, XxIsa-GxX said:

It's quite easier from compared to release version since with the release of Agent Silent Death DLC and update for it, difficulties has been balanced so it's somewhat easier from Day 1.

That’s good to hear.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled upon this thread and I've been reflecting on my time attempting Mein Leben - probably the hardest trophy I've attempted honestly. Took me about 2-3 weeks on and off and about 50 attempts in total. Truly a stressful experience (died twice at the final boss).

Funnily enough, the run where I managed to complete the game was the same run where I lost my Panzerhund. It was blown up by enemies and it took me an extra 30-40 minutes to slow-crawl my way through that entire section because I had zero practice without it and I was massively stressed. Ended up making a run for it near the end that paid off.

The entirety of Venus is one of the most anxiety-inducing levels in the game when you're so far in. THE DAMN CONVEYOR BELTS NEAR THE END TOO.