Mayoral Edition on Sale!!

Lord_Bane999

As mentioned in another topic DLC pack Green Cities is free as well which contains trophies but they also have two free content packs if you wish to play more after besides for trophies. Pearls From the East and Carols, Candles and Candy are free packs that add some chinese or holiday festive flairs to your game.

P.S. (Season Passes are also on sale but if you just want the dlc for the trophies don't buy Season Pass 2 as it also contains Green Cities and you'll end up paying more for something you already have.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

P.S. (Season Passes are also on sale but if you just want the dlc for the trophies don't buy Season Pass 2 as it also contains Green Cities and you'll end up paying more for something you already have.)

Thanks for the good tip about season pass 2, without Green Cities the other two expansions currently do indeed cost less than the whole pass. 

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Honestly, i think it will be cheaper to buy the Mayor edition on sales. It had 30 euros/dollars two months ago

I’ve been doing some research and he’s right. Only the season pass one costs 20€/$ and then you have to get some of the packs from season two (all added is way more than 30€/$). It will drop way more eventually so I won’t get it now.

1 hour ago, marius_maximus said:

I’ve been doing some research and he’s right. Only the season pass one costs 20€/$ and then you have to get some of the packs from season two (all added is way more than 30€/$). It will drop way more eventually so I won’t get it now.

Looking at its History it went on sale every couple months. First in lNovember then in January and last one was March. By this timeline it should've been on sale again but who knows they may put the price down again next sale. I find typically with Free PSN titles that have dlc usually the dlc will go on sale the month of its free offer or the one that follows.

Industries and Mass Transit are the best ones gameplay wise, if you just want a few those two are a solid pick.

As for trophies, most DLCs seem to have roughly the same amount and none of them are too hard so I would 100% prioritize gameplay changes over them

Hi!

Let's assume that I add the free dlc Green Cities to my library. The question is: will it be still possible to buy the whole Season Pass 2 later? Could anyone who already done that check if it's still available to add Season Pass 2 to basket or will be there an information that it's unavailable to buy because you already own some part of this Season Pass?

12 minutes ago, dwamaliki said:

Hi!

Let's assume that I add the free dlc Green Cities to my library. The question is: will it be still possible to buy the whole Season Pass 2 later? Could anyone who already done that check if it's still available to add Season Pass 2 to basket or will be there an information that it's unavailable to buy because you already own some part of this Season Pass?

I own both Industries and Green cities which are in pass 2 and I can still but it, though it makes no sense because the rest of the DLC would be cheaper to buy separately

Thank you very much for checking this for me! Indeed it makes no sense to buy Season Pass 2 now, but when/if price drops to 5$ why not ;) OK, so I can add Green Cities to my library safe :)

I asked about it because I own Unravel 1 and I couldn't buy Unravel 1+2 bundle (it was cheaper some time ago than Unravel 2 itself!) because I "already own Unravel 1". The same situation happened to me with Sound Shapes (bundle with all dlc was cheaper than only season pass)... I wonder how it works.

Edited by dwamaliki
Correction of ownership Unravel 1 (not from PS+, just regular buy)

20 minutes ago, dwamaliki said:

OK, so I can add Green Cities to my library safe :)

I bought it 12 hours ago via the PSN store on my PC. When I turned on my PlayStation the first time today, it was already installed without me doing anything.

Amongst other additions, there are now new Unique Buildings. Do I have to unlock them too for the trophy in the base game? If I had known this sooner, I would have waited a bit until "buying" GC. :/

Edited by Infernopommes

5 minutes ago, Bahamut3104 said:

wait until next week for the Days of Play sale to see if the Mayor Edition goes on sale for cheap again.

If I have the main game from PS+ and the Green Cities DLC, will the ME still be available for me? Since I often see game editions marked as "not available" in the store when I have a game from PS+.

EDIT: never mind, it's available ?

Edited by Infernopommes

1 hour ago, Infernopommes said:

I bought it 12 hours ago via the PSN store on my PC. When I turned on my PlayStation the first time today, it was already installed without me doing anything.

Amongst other additions, there are now new Unique Buildings. Do I have to unlock them too for the trophy in the base game? If I had known this sooner, I would have waited a bit until "buying" GC. :/

You don't have to unlock the dlc buildings, at least I didn't have to when playing on normal map.

Edited by Kasowicz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Infernopommes said:

The DLCs for this game are 0kb in size so you can't really cancel the download in progress. They're all included in the updates, just locked behind a paywall

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Barbeqmeister said:

The DLCs for this game are 0kb in size so you can't really cancel the download in progress. They're all included in the updates, just locked behind a paywall

You are the best ha! 

I am enjoyin' this game a lot

Sometimes I start a new city and lose myself in it just for fun

I don't have the plat yet though.

I still need to get the dlcs. I might get them all at some point this month. 

4 hours ago, SquallLeonhaart said:

You are the best ha! 

I am enjoyin' this game a lot

Sometimes I start a new city and lose myself in it just for fun

I don't have the plat yet though.

I still need to get the dlcs. I might get them all at some point this month. 

Yeah, I know that feel. I haven't gotten a single trophy yet because all I've done is messed around with unlimited money and auto unlocks which disables them

If you own any DLC currently already buying a season pass of Mayoral Pack can be double dipping and paying for the same content twice it just depends on how you value them and what you for your game. Besides the expansions included in each season pass there is also new radio stations giving you more music as well as some different design packs to alter the look of your cities. But these extra features outside expansions are mostly just audio and visual flairs and won't affect your game much besides looks and sounds (they also contain no trophies).

Because of this if you get Green Cities for free unless you really want the extra radio stations as well Season Pass 2 has no value, buy the other two expansions (dlc 5 and 6)by themselves. Same while the Mayoral Edition is the best value, it's value is only good as long as you own less content then it's values. For most trophy hunters this means it would probably loses its values if you already own 3/6 of the expansions packs, otherwise it may cheaper just getting dlc on sale separately.

With this said they aren't done making content for the game and are still planning more eventually. So they may even possibly update and make a new mayoral or season pass for all of season 3 items when their done.

Replaying to the title itself:

Yeap, that's one of the main reasons we got some of these games on PS+. Most of them, if not all, have DLCs being sold separately and they cut the price during that month. Maybe that's how they got some extra money back from the offer...

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Barbeqmeister said:

The title does say June 2nd, today is the third

Not sure if you have followed the thread.

On 21.5.2020 at 4:21 PM, Bahamut3104 said:

Tbh I would probably wait until next week for the Days of Play sale to see if the Mayor Edition goes on sale for cheap again. Seems to be the time it would be.

Edited by Infernopommes