Possible Microtransactions in Ghost of Tsushima

0?ui=2&ik=6c84f66857&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r805534602373436964&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9vJbSAjT71X2xNi9CDeUXGgDQMaUxHhIw1sET87y5PQLq8qqCgRBgeJAodh4KaV-C0nMhYPEDTVnrj7hF4QD0srf2pCQyhy1zTK5-mjZsiq0xdi_rrdEMKa2s&disp=emb&realattid=172368e50b153b1ad2a1

As you can see at the bottom of this screenshot, it says 'In-game purchases optional'. This makes me worried that Sony is going to have Microtransactions in this game. This is on the UK store. Also I did check other Sony single player games like Spiderman, God of War and Death Stranding but this 'In-game purchases optional' statement was nowhere to be found. Also on the Last of Us 2 page, this statement was nowhere to be found. 

• Like 2

Well, there is already the skins you get for pre-ordering the game or getting the collector's edition so they COULD release that separately at some point.

I don't think of that label immediately as a bad thing since multiple games that have it don't have anything to do with micros, (ex. Ni-Oh and Ni-Oh 2) so I wouldn't immediately go to the point of it being set on micros.

Could be story DLC for the game or something akin to that some point after release honestly.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, omnx-supak said:

Skins are microtransactions. 

If you're buying an item outright with real money and not via a Loot Box or some intermediary fake currency e.g. Rage Coins, Silver, Platinum, Raman etc. then it's not a Microtransaction IMO.

Just now, RedRozeReaper said:

Well, there is already the skins you get for pre-ordering the game or getting the collector's edition so they COULD release that separately at some point.

I don't think of that label immediately as a bad thing since multiple games that have it don't have anything to do with micros, (ex. Ni-Oh and Ni-Oh 2) so I wouldn't immediately go to the point of it being set on micros.

Could be story DLC for the game or something akin to that some point after release honestly.

This^

This is far more likely than scummy microtransactions IMO.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

That is quite literally the definition of a microtransaction. Small sums of money used to buy items. It's in the name. Loot boxes are just another form of microtransactions. You also buy loot boxes and fake currency with real money so I'm not sure I follow your logic.

My personal definition of a microtransaction is something that is locked behind either Premium Currency (e.g. Silver, Platinum, Battle Coins etc.) or Loot Boxes. If you can buy something outright without having to buy anything else, then it's not a microtransaction. Example: You see a really nice skin for your favourite gun but the only way to get it is to either buy 10,000 units of premium currency or a bazillion loot boxes and pray the RNG fairy plays nice, then you're engaging in a microtransaction purchase. If said skin can be bought directly from the PS Store without having to buy premium currency or a loot box, then all you're doing is buying a bog standard DLC and not a microtransaction.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

The only reason I’d be worried was if it was like buy these items to help you out or grind for hours, sure I heard the second shadow of Mordor game do that. If it’s just cosmetics or weapons etc, like the recent AC games then I’ll just ignore them as I do in every other game. 

Cosmetic or not though microtransactions being present in any game is still annoying I’ve never agreed with them. 

9 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

Here before the "If you don't like it, don't play it" and "Every other game has them so it's okay" crowd comes in.

I heard the call and now I serve

Don't want them? Don't buy them. People whining about things they don't have to do is a mystery of the universe

Edited by majob
  • Like 2

The screenshot isn't working, so I dunno what it featured. That being said, the PSN page of, for example, Sekiro: Shadow's Die Twice, stated the exact same thing (In-game purchases optional) and it ended up not having any such options at all. 

So as long as there is no specific info on the topic, I don't think there is any ground for discussion / drama. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2