Bugged Trophy Warning

G'day everyone. Just warning y'all that some of my trophies failed to pop for some reason (mission related unmissables). I have been able to run through a second playthrough and collect them without hassle, but keep an eye out! It may have been because I was playing earlier versions because I had a review code, but I just thought I'd let you all know nonetheless :)

• Like 3

On 21/05/2020 at 7:28 PM, ZeromusF4 said:

Crap, this is not what I wanted to hear. This game was gonna be my long weekend

Thanks for the heads up

Ditto :(. I haven't had any issues so far with glitched trophies but this news, makes me very apprehensive about continuing my current save until the problem has been fixed.

On 5/21/2020 at 7:10 PM, Yokolobuna said:

Thanks for the heads up :). My review copy is on the way. I hope this is well made and considered remaster. I always liked SR, especially second one.

It's all in all one of the better remasters about. My only complaint is that it's locked at 30fps and very occasionally stutters in cutscenes which isn't really acceptable for a 9 year old game at this point running on a better console, but it's still solid to play. It doesn't look as good as a modern game of course, but they have made a lot of improvements, especially to lighting and character models. I haven't noticed any glitches myself.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

It's all in all one of the better remasters about. My only complaint is that it's locked at 30fps and very occasionally stutters in cutscenes which isn't really acceptable for a 9 year old game at this point running on a better console, but it's still solid to play. It doesn't look as good as a modern game of course, but they have made a lot of improvements, especially to lighting and character models. I haven't noticed any glitches myself.

Yeah, but it's not locked to 30fps... There's an option in the settings to uncap the framerate - most likely added because everyone moaned when they told IGN that it was going to aim for 30fps.

The Pro does around 45-50fps and the base PS4 is about 35-40 when uncapped - so not exactly a 60fps game, but it's not 'capped' at 30 if you change the setting. 

Also, yeah, it's a 9-year-old game, but the entire thing has been given a massive makeover - hence the 60gb size. As such, all the new effects affect the performance and what the engine can push (also, the weak CPU doesn't help). Turning off the motion blur and film grain seems to make the gameplay a little smoother though. 

Also, the game is full of quirky bugs and glitches but none which affects gameplay - much. I only had one trophy not pop - playing for 30 hours. A reload of a save fixed that though. All the others popped when they were supposed to. However, people spawn on cars, there are a few rooms with invisible walls which trap you, shooting enemies with rocket launchers causes them to get stuck in the floor as they wobble around, etc... They are all fun glitches which don't really affect the game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

Well, yes. I am currently 5 hours in and it seems like fine remaster. There are some bugs here and there but nothing gamebreaking. Trophies works fine for me... at least for now.

• Like 1

Anyone know if the devs are aware of the glitched trophies and will fix them?

Been wanting to play this game for ages and now i get a chance to play it on PS4 nontheless but i don't want to start it if it has several glitched trophies. 

Edited by Quink666

51 minutes ago, ntkm98 said:

PSA: The trophies get bugged out and don't pop up when you set the System in restmode while the game is still on. (Meaning pausing the game and set Playstation to rest).

When you do that, somehow the game gets bugged out and the trophies won't pop up anymore. You need to restart your Game (or maybe the system itself) and do something (for example. If you did all activities in one district (100% deckers area for example, but trophy did not pop for it), go to morningstar/luchadore area and buy a friendly fire (or something else/activity) and the trophies should pop regarding activities/take over everything. For story unmissable become missable, you need to restart the story mission, if they did not pop up and your further in the game with no possibility to restart the mission, its basically a total restart of the campaign (sadly).

TLDR: If the trophies are bugged out for you, restart the game (or restart the playstation) if you had it open while your system went into restmode. If not in restmode, restart the game ASAP and it should run normally again. Keep some backup saves so you can go back just so your sure to get the trophy.

Happy Trophy hunting :)

Yeah happened to me with 2 story missions and all the DLC stuff, is there any way of recovering this without second playthrough? 

On 5/24/2020 at 5:46 AM, ntkm98 said:

PSA: The trophies get bugged out and don't pop up when you set the System in restmode while the game is still on. (Meaning pausing the game and set Playstation to rest).

When you do that, somehow the game gets bugged out and the trophies won't pop up anymore. You need to restart your Game (or maybe the system itself) and do something (for example. If you did all activities in one district (100% deckers area for example, but trophy did not pop for it), go to morningstar/luchadore area and buy a friendly fire (or something else/activity) and the trophies should pop regarding activities/take over everything. For story unmissable become missable, you need to restart the story mission, if they did not pop up and your further in the game with no possibility to restart the mission, its basically a total restart of the campaign (sadly).

TLDR: If the trophies are bugged out for you, restart the game (or restart the playstation) if you had it open while your system went into restmode. If not in restmode, restart the game ASAP and it should run normally again. Keep some backup saves so you can go back just so your sure to get the trophy.

Happy Trophy hunting :)

This is 100% what causes it ^^

• Like 2

I put my PS4 into Rest Mode halfway through Act 2 to go and do a few things, and then came back to finish it and the trophy didn't pop for completing it (I also forgot where Act 2 finished in this game). After that, I went to finish the collectibles and THAT trophy didn't pop so I knew something was up.

Loaded an earlier save and got the collectibles again after closing and re-opening the game. Trophy popped. So weird.

Now my timestamps are going to be hilariously out of whack for the main story. I also didn't obtain the "complete all Mayhem" trophy but I was able to earn the 100% for completing all districts (which...involves Mayhem, haha).

So yeah, avoid Rest Mode or your trophies will probably bug out.

• Like 1