Finally bought an external drive for my PS4, should I worry about Loading Times?

YORGOS_PB

After a thousand years I decided to buy en external drive for my PS4, and the idea is to move/download the heavy games there. 

My question is: anyone here knows for sure if there's a loading difference?, a notable difference per se. Should I instead run the heavy games from my console and the lighter ones from the external drive?

Then comes to mind a completely different problem, the only big deal I've had with loading times: Monster Hunter World. It's the only game that takes a decade to load everything and I've never known why; I've dust-cleaned my PS4 3 times in the last years and done the (useless imo) cache refresh thing a bunch of times. 

I’ve been doing this for a long time: pretty much all my games are on there. If there is a difference it is in no way an issue. The HD in the PS4 is a cheap piece of crap, your external one might actually be faster (although you wouldn’t notice that either probably). So go for it!

• Like 1

Ive personally noticed slightly quickly loading times on my PS4 to my external HDD but nothing major major.

I tend to download + install everything onto my external anyways due to it being 4TB but then when im looking into playing a game fully, i move it from the External onto the PS4 actual.

For massive games or online stuff (Like the new Modern Warfare) i leave that on the external cause sod have a 200+GB game on my Ps4.

• Like 1

USB 3 would be faster than PS4 original internal i think by numbers. 

USB3 up to 5Gbps

Ps4 Sata II internal up to 3Gbps

Ps4 Pro Sata III internal up to 6Gbps

I've got a 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD as the internal drive and a 4TB Seagate 2,5" HDD as an external drive and I don't really notice any meaningful differences in load speed between the drives. I'm sure if I actually benchmarked them the SSHD would be faster but real-world differences seem to be quite small. I usually install the biggest AAA games on the internal drive and everything else on the external one.