Will they add DLC...

....content for FF7 Remake WITH trophies added, you think? Since this is my new all time favorite PS4 game and the only game I've personally given a 10/10 to in MANY years( not counting remasters or ports, cuz the original FF7, FF8, & FF9 ports on PS4 are all also 10/10's imo. Yeah, I LOVE FF lol) So I obviously hope that DLC will be added, and with trophies too.( I'm a trophy hunter.)

But IF DLC is added, what could it possibly be? Maybe like 5-10 new battles either in the Corneo Colosseum or the Training Facility thingy in Chapter 17( *SPOILERS* ya know, where you fight the Pride and Joy Prototype after fighting Shiva, Fat Chocobo, Leviathon, Bahamut & Ifrit). 

OR maybe like a 3 hour campaign where you play as Barret during the events when Cloud meets Aerith and then does all of the Wall Market stuff. I could see that working, showing us what Barret went through starting from the second Cloud fell after fighting the Airbuster all the way til Cloud meets back up with him again at Sector 7 at the top of the tower. That would be cool.  

What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

I would think since the next gen is right around the corner that they will want a new physical release.

If they add dlc I could see it being small or more battle arena fights. There is nothing said so far about dlc being made

I really hope that the game will not get such things like arena DLCs and such nonsense. They should for real just concentrate on episode 2. But I am always open for "Compilation of FFVII" tie-ins like more Zack and Turks related content.

Give me "Before Crisis" as DLC and I will go nuts.

Edited by Geridian
BC Idea
  • Like 1

Right, obviously I wouldn't want DLC if it's gonna take too much away from them working on part 2, but adding some extra fights to the colosseum wouldn't take any time at all. But I would be perfectly fine with no DLC at all, I just love this game so much so I also wouldn't be opposed to it either

No way, not more chunks.... Having the whole FF7 game in 3-4 massive chapters released every 5 years is painful enough. What DLC are they gonna be able to add anyway?

"Chase after chocobo around the perimeter of MIdgar outer walls?!"

8 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

They could easily add pre-ff7 game start dlc episodes for aerith, barrett, and tifa

Like BeastMode said, extra challenges and fights in the arena using enemies and content there, I would be fine with that. I want post Midgar content, I want to be able to play as Red13, have more characters in the battle. Basically the rest of the game, pre ff7 game content...I just want the story to continue, a lot of the subquests and filler mateial in the basegame of the  remake I could have lived without anyway.

Edited by enaysoft

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Like BeastMode said, extra challenges and fights in the arena using enemies and content there, I would be fine with that. I want post Midgar content, I want to be able to play as Red13, have more characters in the battle. Basically the rest of the game, pre ff7 game content...I just want the story to continue, a lot of the subquests and filler mateial in the basegame of the  remake I could have lived without anyway.

What if it's some made up post midgar episodes that take place in between part 1 ending and part 2 beginning?

Assuming it doesnt take away anything from part 2 development of course.  Just something to keep people engaged?

Edited by AJ_-_808

On 5/21/2020 at 2:57 PM, Lance_87 said:

There's already DLC. Just minor stuff like pet summons and useless armors/accessories available from now-expired food promotions.

I'd like a Boss Rush VR challenge with all the storyline bosses though.

I'd rather see a customizable VR room where you can set up what bosses/enemies to fight, how many waves, and what kinds of handicap you want, ect.

No trophies though.  I really hate when companies throw in extra trophies for filler dlc content, clearly made to extend the life of a game until they release a sequel.  

• Like 1

I really don't think it needs anything else, I want them to focus as much as possible on the next part(s), any and all manpower available should go towards that. I also love the fact that it came out without any major technical issues requiring a massive patch- I know, I know, shouldn't praise a developer for doing exactly what it is supposed to do and that's probably what the month-long delay was for, but given the abysmal state that so many high-profile AAA games have released in these last few years, I do say kudos to them for showing everyone else how to release a damn game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...