Maneater trophy thoughts?

MidnightDragon

I had to reload a previous cloud save and beat the game a second time because I tried to stack the 100% trophies with beating the boss and it unlocked all but the trophy for 100%'ing every area. Lost about three hours that way.

But in the end, I still got the world first platinum. ?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, djb5f said:

Jaws, Deep Blue Sea, Shark Tale, Sharknado, The Shallows.  I am sure there are others!

If I ever get this game, I'm going to lament the whole time about all the missed opportunities. "Fish are friends, not food" for eating for the first time, "Smile, you son of a..." for using photo mode, "Should've brought a bigger boat" for beating the final boss.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Void said:

you can drop me a PM on PSN if it is easier, but here more people would get to see your thoughts on it. I do like what I have seen but i am a bit skeptical. Thanks @Snake2410

I'll probably post my thoughts on here.  I plan on starting it shortly. 

Decided to try some of the dlc characters in MK11 that I've had since they released but haven't touched, got sidetracked because of that and finishing the last two assesses in the play log of FFVIIR for the 100% completion lol.

Edited by Snake2410

16 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

List looks straight forward, there seem to be none of those nonesense trophies. Anyone know if you get the tiger skin adaptation pre-order bonus from the beginning or does it unlock later in game?

Straight after the tutorial mission you can equip it when you go to the grotto.

@Void

I played a little bit.  I'm finding it a bit ridiculous, but in the best ways lol.  It's given me a good laugh in a few parts.  The combat is a little clunky, but it's easy enough that it doesn't hurt it much.  I can see it getting repetitive though.  I like it so far.

Trophy thoughts? 8

After playing this game and getting all but 1 trophy towards platinum (queen of the ocean is bugged) I can say this game is an easy 2 or 3/10 difficulty, about 12 hours to 100% 

Really it's just one of those games that you'd have played as a kid that was just dumb fun and I really really like that . It was so refreshing to play.

The narration was hilarious at times, and I found myself laughing out loud quite a bit.

2 hours ago, SairenOne said:

some people say that the hunters are very difficult. 2 or 3 sounds not that hard...

can you explain the combat difficulty a bit? didnt played it by myself yet...

Without spoilers..

Combat is basically biting, ramming and tail swiping. Using a certain jaw upgrade I healed myself every time I took a bite out of something and I pretty much just grabbed humans off the boat almost every boat ram, and if I landed on the boat I'd eat 2 do a tail swipe then jump evade off doing more dmg as I left. When boss hunter boats arrived my main goal was to jump over the boat grabbing the boss and dragging them into the deep instantly finishing that fight and swimming off.

Now that I think about it, it was kinda OP.

• Like 1

Straightforward platinum that can be done on a weekend. Queen of the Sea popped for me when I smashed one missing gate. Enjoyed the game for its humor and the idea.

Keep in mind that it is no horror or simulation, but b-movie trash action with lots of cultural references. While the bull shark is the protagonist with no inner monologue they made sure you root for her since the humans in this game are mostly evil and unsympathetic, doing a lot of environmental damage.

After being locked out because of the glitched license plate, I found myself wanting to play it again the next day anyway. Played it through the next few days, backed up save after each area 100% and made sure to not get any collectibles near death. Finally got the platinum in and it was easy.

Game did crash for the first time after getting a landmark but luckily didn't break anything.

Edited by Luke_X11

• 2 weeks later...