Dear Boosters

Denvirus

11 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

You're telling boosters their two options are to not boost, or allow you to randomly join their session?

Good one 1f44d.png

I think perhaps I did not articulate myself well enough.

This game allows for SIX players in any given match. If I jump on and find FOUR boosters, then it's really not my job to decide not to play the game so they can get what they want. At the very least, they could ask nicely.

I have not had one person say: "Hey, we are boosting, do you mind jumping off so we can finish?"

It's usually: "Get off now, kid. This is our session, F you."

If you want to boost this game, get SIX players, or don't be a dick. It's not random if it's a public match. ??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Denvirus said:

I have not had one person say: "Hey, we are boosting, do you mind jumping off so we can finish?"

I honestly cannot fathom how people can be this rude. When I boosted Far Cry 2 and I had to kick randoms joining in the lobby I always felt so much guilt lol. I wish more games had text chat so I could ask them to join or apologize.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Denvirus said:

This game allows for SIX players in any given match. If I jump on and find FOUR boosters, then it's really not my job to decide not to play the game so they can get what they want. At the very least, they could ask nicely.

If you want to boost this game, get SIX players, or don't be a dick. It's not random if it's a public match. 1f44c.png1f44c.png

As much as i feel for you, you arent gonna have the funnest match when others are idle, or just just trying to do something specific.

Edited by Reinachii-

18 hours ago, Denvirus said:

If you want to boost this game, get SIX players, or don't be a dick. It's not random if it's a public match. 1f44c.png1f44c.png

While I %100 agree with what you're saying, I do have a question: Isnt this game largely dead? If the game doesn't have a sizable playerbase, you're not likely to find anything but boosters.  

IF that's the case, you kindof know (or should know) what you're stepping into, and it's stupid to complain about it (even though the merit of your complaint is spot on)

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

Yeah, it is great when you have a locked 6 player match with some people afk (rubberbanded controls), someone dc and immediately someone joins (because this game is dead but you will see how fast a random joins your game), see some players just spinning in their spawns and decide to "join the game" killing all the afk players and jumping all over the place without leaving...

And as ironic as it sounds there was one moment when a random joined and one person of our group politely asked him to leave... But he didnt wanted to and started to explain us via text how the game should be played... And obviously killing afk players... There is jerks on both sides, just deal with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

*snip*

As DeepEyes has said, when we were boosting and someone dropped we would get 1 japanese player that would constantly join. Given the game is barely played by anyone I very politely asked them to leave, I explained that were just trying to get trophies done and that's it. That person went on somewhat of a rant and tried telling us how lobbies work and that we will never be able to boost in a controlled group (even though we were already doing that for 10-20 hours at that point), when I tried to re-explain myself that person kept repeating his point and refused to listen.

Granted, they are in no way required to listen to me and do as I ask, so I accepted it. We left the match and tried re-joining each other, but from that point forward every time we wanted to connect and have a full 6 person boosting lobby, we would always run into them, they again kept refusing to leave the pre-game lobby. All of this just lead to us seaching for each other for an hour, while that person sat in a lobby and watched us go in and out of it and I can tell for a fact that was neither enjoyable for them or us, just waste of time.

But hey, that's boosting for you, you can't always expect people to comply. They were just trying to play the game normally, while we were trying to get our trophies done. I am not sure this thread will do you any good, people are people, you sometimes get rude boosters who tell you 10 different ways to fornicate with your dead relatives because you dared to join them and then you have players who post videos on youtube where they disrupt boosting sessions, because boosters are "noobs" (I mean duh', there's a reason we don't try to get trophies the natural way) and deserve to be purged.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on getting this game and basically boosting the online..... because that's what trophy hunters do for the multitude of games we play.....we aren't fucking "lifers" who keep playing only 1 game's mp till we're winning tdms in our sleep.

I honestly take a little offence to this, and I'm not a cranky person at all. It's ironic how you try to justify your behaviour as a RANDOM on a trophy tracking website.....where most if not all of us actually despise randoms!

My thoughts are the same as Potent_Delusions' on this one. It's hard enough coinciding your play times with new people for every other game and then to have randoms come in and muck about, waste a whole bunch of your time and cause frustration is something I don't stand for. I personally am courteous of other people's sessions too. If I join a game and I don't see my mates then I'm not staying in there to fuck up their session. And if I'm absolutely new to the game, just testing the mp on my dummy account then I'll literally just hover around people doing nothing. Even asking a couple of guys if they have free slots for me because I haven't got my own squad yet. But I will absolutely NOT act like the random I myself hate.

So just don't.

On 21/05/2020 at 10:39 PM, Potent_Delusions said:

If you joined me on this whilst boosting, you'd have two options:

• leave
  • wait me out in the lobby, i've got all day, and if the match starts by other randoms joining then me and my boost partner would back out to fuck up the match for you all.

Trying to force your way into a boost session by being a nuisance, I wouldn't be having any of that. 

^This

@Denvirus I've held boosting sessions and was doing them for many people recently in BF1. I get people want to play games as a normal affair still. But honestly if finding people to play with legitimately is an issue you can always:

1. Join a Community on PSN

2. Setup a for fun or competitive session here and find others.

3. Treat a friend irl to the game on your dime and get them interested in it. (I've done this with my friends before.)

Btw if you ever join a room I'm boosting in I'm usually nice enough to let randoms join if their respectful hell maybe I'll even play some matches with you legitimately after I'm done helping others. But be a dick and that whole lobby will turn against you so quick, you will probably end up  uninstalling the game from the grief.

P.S. I've never had a person tell me yet online as a booster they hate me for it or give me crap for it but I've had plenty of people message me in-game seeing if I could help them with boosting too.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2020 at 8:41 PM, Denvirus said:

I actually enjoy this game. I don't have a deep history of Resident Evil playtime, so perhaps that allows me to just enjoy the small map shooter for what it is.

The worst part of this game from where I am sitting is the boosters. About half the time I get on, I find a 2v2 match, meaning I am the 5th player and it is now 3v2. I usually quickly get a rude message to "get off, we are boosting." Only once have I ever been asked to join.

So I want to say, Dear Boosters: if you are in a public match and I join, you have two options: play the darn game, or be nice and invite me to join.

I don't understand the mentality that you somehow own the game, and the best way to ask me not to interrupt is to be rude.

Cheers,

Denvirus

EDIT: I'm talking about this game, Umbrella Corps. Not "every game ever."

The main problem with that is almost everyone including myself wants to boost the game for trophies. The game is nearly dead, and for a good reason in my opinion. I had experiences of randoms who would disrupt boosting sessions in games like Red Faction Guerrilla on PS4 (One time when I was boosting the game that I tried to talk the random to leave, but I got responses that he's #1 on the leaderboards and saying he loves the online mode), Crysis 3 (only a spanish player with the Crysis name capitalized with some numbers and a german player), a good portion of Battlefield for trophies in a rented server (admin of a rented server can boot a player. I only had this happen to me once in BF 1), and sometimes I could say Assassin's Creed Revelations, a game I recently did complete the online for. There are stories of randoms destroying boosting sessions of Twisted Metal 2012, but I'm getting off topic. There is some dedicated fans of Umbrella Corps that choose to play the game, but most of everyone moved on. The best thing I can do is gather a group of five others to lock a lobby. If you like the game, I can totally respect you.