How long does it take to finish the main quest?

Does anyone know how many hours approximately it takes to complete the main quest? Can you speed through it and only do the main quest and nothing else?

Is it worth doing two playthroughs, one for the Merciful trophy (which hopefully can be sped through) and one to just have fun and play how you want to?

You can do two playthroughs but if you go in blind and play like you want to you will most likely have to do a second full playthrough studying beforehand because it is highly likely that you miss or fail some quests or reputations for King Charming and  Completionist . Also on one playthrough method you have to reload a save if you go for the romance trophies or accidentally lose your virginity, it can happen! :P  Remember to still complete them without the romance afterwards. There are a couple combat trophies and they could relatively easily be done after completing the story while travelling around doing the collectible and reputation grind.

Personally I think this game is easier if you avoid combat because it is pretty hard at first and will take some time to get used to and you are allowed to do stealth takedowns without killing anyone to knock out opponents, however you have to make sure they don't die on their own and repeatedly check your kill counter because saves can be hours apart with how strict this game is about saving. Keep in mind there is one opponent you have to kill but no spoilers about that one.

On the other hand this game doesn't take too long to finish if you know what you are doing and just speedrun through the main questline. I think actual speedrunners have done it in like 2 hours or so but probably 10-15h for a second timer if you don't run into much troubles. SAVE A LOT! Last I played this game was glitchy as all hell and that's a bad combination with infrequent autosaves.

Do you have DLC? I'm not totally familiar about them but I'm pretty sure there are a couple trophies that force you to do a second playthrough.

You can do only the main quest, but you will still need to do some side quests that are required for the main quests.

I highly advise you to do two playthroughs in this game. It's very hard to do the Merciful trophy with just one playthrough (You can't kill anyone except Runt, in-game boss), just by the fact that you have to upgrade all your main skills, most of them by fighting, and you also need to kill people for many quests and other trophies.

1st Playthrough: Do everything except Merciful and Virgin trophies. There other missable trophies, pay attention to all of them, but King Charming and Completionist are the most important, they are highly missable. You have 100-150 hours of main quests, side quests and miscellaneous stuff to do. Why shouldn't you do the Virgin trophy in the 1st playthrough? Because you have to interact with Theresa and Lady Stephanie (McLovin and Casanova trophies), and it makes your progress easier when you are in Uzhitz, in a main quest with Father Godwin.

2nd Playthrough: Rush through the entire game not killing anyone (only kill Runt in the siege mission) and not interacting with any female (don't court Theresa and Lady Stephanie, don't drink with Father Godwin in Uzhitz and don't pay for everything in the bath houses), so that you can do Merciful and Virgin trophies. This playthrough could take up to 20 hours. In my case, I even did the Hardcore Mode in this second playthrough, but it's pretty hard, you will have to avoid many combats because you die easily and you can't save that much.

Like the person above said, SAVE A LOT! I lost probably 30 or more hours of progress just by dying or glitches/bugs/crashes!

This game bugs and crashes MANY TIMES!

Edited by t-i-g-o