Can someone list the MIssable Gwent cards missions/characters?

ain_sr

I nearly had a stroke when I did not play gwent with the Bloddy Baron and there was no option to play with him once he leaves for 'that' mission. Thankfully got the card from his table. Now I just want to be extra careful not to miss others in the future. 

So all the White wolves out there, kindly help me and the new players by listing such missable gwent cards in the game.

Many thanks!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I take it these guides are no good and don’t give you the information you need?

This. @ain_sr When you see a play Gwent option, always choose this option. If you can’t seem to beat them, get more cards from other NPCs like Innkeeps and then return. There’s a book in-game that shows how many cards are left to find in each region. When you want to participate in the Gwent Tournament held in the Passiflora, you should save before starting it because if you lose against one opponent it locks you out.

Edit: the book is called “A Miraculous Guide to Gwent”.

Edit: Also I remember a character called Zoltan asking you to get cards for him, he will be standing outside of the Innkeep after you did a story mission. He either approaches you or you have to approach him, memory is kind of vague. You have to accept to get the Gwent cards for him. It will be in Velen/Novigrad.

+ this interactive map shows the Gwent players location per region: https://witcher3map.com/

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ain_sr said:

I nearly had a stroke when I did not play gwent with the Bloddy Baron and there was no option to play with him once he leaves for 'that' mission. Thankfully got the card from his table. Now I just want to be extra careful not to miss others in the future. 

So all the White wolves out there, kindly help me and the new players by listing such missable gwent cards in the game.

Many thanks!

Going solely off the top of my head & solely from the base deck;

there are NINE(9) missable cards. There used to be 11 or 12 but the developers changed some & allowed places to pickup invade you missed them.

Quest for Zoltan - He will ask you if you want coins or (3) cards. **take the cards!!**

Gwent Tournament - Can’t entirely remember how you come across & if it’s a main or side quest, but it’ll be a Gwent tournament. Make sure you save. If you win the tournament you’ll gain (3) cards. If you lose, reload a save otherwise you’ll be screwed

Mini Gwent Tournament -  There’ll be a masked party with Triss with a hedge maze & a ton of party guests. There’ll be an icon & there’ll be a mini Gwent tournament. I believe you’re able to lose infinitely (not 100% sure).

hope this helps :)

Edit: I’d recommend using the website gwentcards.com. It’s super useful even if you’re just tracking unmissable cards as some characters give specific cards whereas Innkeepers, Shopkeepers, etc will have a random pool to give.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
More content
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRejectz said:

there are NINE(9) missable cards. There used to be 11 or 12 but the developers changed some & allowed places to pickup invade you missed them.

Quest for Zoltan - He will ask you if you want coins or (3) cards. **take the cards!!**

Gwent Tournament - Can’t entirely remember how you come across & if it’s a main or side quest, but it’ll be a Gwent tournament. Make sure you save. If you win the tournament you’ll gain (3) cards. If you lose, reload a save otherwise you’ll be screwed

Party - I can’t remember the name but there’ll be a party with Yennifer(?) with a hedge maze & a ton of party guests. There’ll be an icon & there’ll be a mini Gwent tournament. I believe you’re able to lose infinitely (not 100% sure).

hope this helps :)

The party is with Triss, the masked party. Turn right and you will see Gwent players. Yes, this is missable too.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I take it these guides are no good and don’t give you the information you need?

Thanks have seen them.  But it has all of the cards and many of them are not missable which I can collect in one go after the story. I just need to know which cards will be unobtainable if I do not select a particular dialogue or if my mission has different ending. As the comment sections from these guides also seem to be quite unsure about such missable cards.

Edit: So one of this guide is extremely helpful! I had missed it. Thanks again! xD 

Thanks you so much for the info  guys was looking for something like this, perhaps if others could add as well I can put it up all together in this post.

22 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

The party is with Triss, the masked party. Turn right and you will see Gwent players. Yes, this is missable too.

22 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

The card collection is the only thing that breaks the immersion for me in this awesome game, but Gwent itself is enjoyable most of the times... Just arrived in Novigrad  at level 11, looking for Triss. Fingers crossed to not miss any cards :P

Edited by ain_sr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2020 at 8:39 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

Innkeepers, Shopkeepers, etc will have a random pool to give.

For the record m8, I believe its a limited pool though, everyone on average, still has to play about 55 random players to get all those they need, even if its only 36.

Im slowly revisitng the game/forums as im prepping for redoing a old guide of mine for here.

I did a platinum speedrun guide many years ago and spent a lot of messing with cards amongst other stuff.

Was just digging out some old posts of mine, and I seemed to think that each player has a pool of about 3 or 4 cards and the pool carries from the random gwent player before.

But once you get a card, that card is replaced by another in the pool. So there is always the same number of cards in the pool.

When I save/reloaded and kept beating the same players, I would always 1 of the same 4 cards. Then when I would move onto the next, the pool would be the same 3 cards from the previous player, but an additional new one.

Its you find if you look around, everyone almost always gets the Wyvern card last when playing Random Gwent Players, that one it seems is one of the last cards added to the pool.

Its a bit annoying though because it means there is no way to speed up the Gwent. Even if you have only 36 cards left, which I think is the max before starting the Random Gwent Players, you still have to beat about 55 of them due to that blasted Wyvern card getting added around that point. A lot of guides advise to save/reload until you get a unique card from a player, but for the point just made, it's not going to help you in the long run, you just have to keep playing im afraid in order for additional cards to get added to the pool ;(

Some extra info is that some Random Gwent Players actually DONT give cards. There are not many of these though, but across my numerous testing for my old guide, the EXACT same players would ALWAYS give materials no matter when I beat them or how many times save reloaded.

Just some extra info thought may be good to share guys, hell of a game ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Just some extra info thought may be good to share guys, hell of a game ;)

Thanks for the info mate. I am having a blast with this game. Just naturally playing each gwent player with every chance I get. There is so much different stuff to do in between haven't got bored even after 50hrs in!And the best part is Gwent is fun game to play. Truly an amazing game! I take a bow(though not as awkward as Geralt's :P ) for CDPR.