19GB day 1 update

I hope someone finally puts out a current YouTube video on modern day video game assets and their relational data sizes so it can get posted when comments like this get asked.

Welcome to current day gaming. Asset sizes are only going to get larger from here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I hope someone finally puts out a current YouTube video on modern day video game assets and their relational data sizes so it can get posted when comments like this get asked.

Welcome to current day gaming. Asset sizes are only going to get larger from here.

looks like the ps5 will need like 10 TB of space to give the player enough space for at least on year of gaming.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

looks like the ps5 will need like 10 TB of space to give the player enough space for at least on year of gaming.  

Meh, I only have one game installed at a time, sometimes I install a 2nd game when I'm close to finishing the 1st game. I don't think the majority of people have their entire gaming library installed on their console at all times. And if you can afford that many AAA (meaning huge file size) games, then you should probably budget for a huge hard drive to match your scenario.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Meh, I only have one game installed at a time, sometimes I install a 2nd game when I'm close to finishing the 1st game. I don't think the majority of people have their entire gaming library installed on their console at all times. And if you can afford that many AAA (meaning huge file size) games, then you should probably budget for a huge hard drive to match your scenario.

there are plenty of people who have all their games installed because of low internet connection. If a remaster of a 9 year old game already takes 60+ gb (only first patch) then it could be possible that exclusive games of the ps5 will take up to 200-300 Gb after the last patch and dlcs. 10 TB is a bit much , but 5 TB not that unrealistic.     

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, RoaringMdog18 said:

Greedy how? Your comment makes no sense. 

optimizing, which ist not necessary, costs time and work. You have to pay your employees and have less time to create dlcs or other gemaes. So you loose money. There is no point in doing the costumers a favour and instead the gamers will have to deal with it on their own (buying new hard devices) , so it will not be done. In a meaningful way you can call it greedy.   

20 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Well that's a bit dramatic. Got any statistics to back that up?

no developer will tell you that, so its a bit speculative, but not too much. I can give you an example: in titanfall 2 more than 30 gb of the 45 gb used for audio is not optimized and unused data. Sound data isnt the only thing that requires much save data. Textures also need a lot and often are not optimized.

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow
  • Like 1

optimizing, which ist not necessary, costs time and work. You have to pay your employees and have less time to create dlcs or other gemaes. So you loose money. There is no point in doing the costumers a favour and instead the gamers will have to deal with it on their own (buying new hard devices) , so it will not be done. In a meaningful way you can call it greedy.   

Patching still costs manhours to create said patch and to have it verified/uploaded to PSN and Xbox. 
They still pay their employees regardless of when said optimizations take place. 

They, like any other business, plan their man power around content and support their products are expected to need. It costs them money no matter what.

In the case of this remasters there's not DLC being made for sale. Everything is in the game already and they have no extras to addon to the price. 

Again, as many have said. You don't make any sense.

Sound data isnt the only thing that requires much save data. Textures also need a lot and often are not optimized.

The word you are looking for is uncompressed. In this day and age many people like having their audio and textures to have as little compression as possible because we have way more available storage space and are not confined to only run games off an optic disc or cartridage like the 80s and 90s. 
This isn't being lazy. This is how storage technology has advanced.

Edited by TJ_Solo

On 5/26/2020 at 3:31 PM, TJ_Solo said:

Patching still costs manhours to create said patch and to have it verified/uploaded to PSN and Xbox. 
They still pay their employees regardless of when said optimizations take place. 

They, like any other business, plan their man power around content and support their products are expected to need. It costs them money no matter what.

In the case of this remasters there's not DLC being made for sale. Everything is in the game already and they have no extras to addon to the price. 

Again, as many have said. You don't make any sense.

I don't see how this doesn't make sense. Developers get lazy and to release patches quicker, they leave all the unused assets in the patches. Think of Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Too many assets are used that cause large patches and its been known that its slowing down the game's input lag after every patch cause of the lack of optimization. They save money by avoiding optimization.

On 5/26/2020 at 3:31 PM, TJ_Solo said:

The word you are looking for is uncompressed. In this day and age many people like having their audio and textures to have as little compression as possible because we have way more available storage space and are not confined to only run games off an optic disc or cartridage like the 80s and 90s. 
This isn't being lazy. This is how storage technology has advanced.

And if Titanfall 2 actually contains 30GB of uncompressed audio files, that is lazy. Having uncompressed audio doesn't display an advance in technology. Obviously if it has a high bit rate thats fantastic but its a video game, not a Beatles album. It should have lossy audio files to accommodate for the large game files. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

what does this patch do or fix?

the game still have bugs and glitches, I noticed that the age of my character changing randomly when wearing stuff, I mean I created my OC to be at the age 0 ( because I hated the way SR made the visual of your character to be since the ps3 version, you make your character age at 30 and he/she will looks like 50 to 60 years old, even when you put the age at 16 they'll have wrinkles all over their body )... anyhow as I said I set my character's age to 0 but when I dressed my character some stuff the age will goes up to 18 or 30 or something randomly, to fix this I had to drive all the way to a nearest surgical to fix this bug by moving the age slider to 1 and back to 0.

also some masks have a weird deformed looks around the eye area, and for a weird reason they got rid of the jet black color for clothes and some cars during customizing.

speaking of clothes and cosmetics, the mornstart earing is not adjusted properly as it float on top of your ears, and in leather and lace one of the mannequin is wearing a white naughty girl gloves, the gloves seems not been set correctly as it float away from the mannequin's arms