FF14 Starter Edition will be Free until the 26th

6 hours ago, shadowTECnology said:

You should be able too.  You get a free 30 day subscription when you download this.  It should activate when you set up your account and link it to your PSN.

No, I believe once you get the starter edition, you will be forced to link it to your PSN and the 30 days will automatically start.

Hmm...

I'll try it out to download the Trial with another account and let you know if it works.

On 5/23/2020 at 0:53 AM, shadowTECnology said:

You should be able too.  You get a free 30 day subscription when you download this.  It should activate when you set up your account and link it to your PSN.

No, I believe once you get the starter edition, you will be forced to link it to your PSN and the 30 days will automatically start.

You're right. The version will be automaticly upgraded when you have the Starter-Edition in your library.

Don't see it noted here, but for any PC players eyeing this trial, yes your progress can be bounced over to the PSN version. It won't auto-pop on login, you'll have to do one more of whatever the trophy wants for it to unlock (that is, if you've already done 1k levequests in the PC version, doing one more will unlock the trophy). Bare in mind, this a one way move. Once you bounce your account from the PC to the PSN, you can't move it back (currently).

1k leve quests is nothin compared to the 1k fates.. they do give gametime to inactive players so it would be possible to get the plat, but its a helluva grind.. 900 hrs seems way too high though maybe 150 - 400. Also the coil trophy is kinda hard and barely anyone runs it.

1 hour ago, TajoniHD said:

You're right. The version will be automaticly upgraded when you have the Starter-Edition in your library.

So, the Trial version becomes Starter version automatically? 

I had the Trial one and got the Starter for free but it never showed up in my library.

And if i check it in the store now, it says the Starter is unavailable because i have the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ Standard Edition. Which one is the Standard one lol

On 5/24/2020 at 11:47 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

I had the Trial one and got the Starter for free but it never showed up in my library.

And if i check it in the store now, it says the Starter is unavailable because i have the FINAL FANTASY00ae.png XIV: A Realm Reborn2122.png Standard Edition. Which one is the Standard one lol

Starter Edition = Standart Edition

I can't find the game in my library too. It seems like the Trial is the same game as the full version. The difference is just that some functions (lv 36+, trophies...) are locked until you buy the full game.

Edited by TajoniHD

On 5/24/2020 at 5:26 AM, DemonicDraco said:

1k leve quests is nothin compared to the 1k fates.. they do give gametime to inactive players so it would be possible to get the plat, but its a helluva grind.. 900 hrs seems way too high though maybe 150 - 400. Also the coil trophy is kinda hard and barely anyone runs it.

I'll second the part about 1000 FATES, that is where the real grind comes in. When the game relaunched, FATES were the best way to get XP and level up, but they would eventually nerf them and now they serve very little purpose until you get to Shadowbringers which boosted the XP a bit and gives you currency to buy rewards. If you're going to grind it out, just make sure you have something to watch or listen to.

Please someone tell me if I’m wrong, but last thing I read was that once you’re free time is up, you get capped to level 35 but you can still keep playing.

Personally I bought Shadowbringers complete edition and now I’m done with main quest and most of the crafting trophies, so my plan is to keep crafting and clearing stuff so by the time my free 30 days end I’ll keep doing levequest until I’m approaching 1000. I’ll get a monthly subscription then so I can unlock that last trophy and the plat.

As a Final Fantasy fan I have to say my heart is divided with this game. Is a completely different concept. There’re some parts I like and some others are quite boring/annoying to me. But no means shall you expect a regular Final Fantasy game.

So, from tomorrow I'll simply have to pay to play it, or from tomorrow it will also expire my license and I'll also have to buy the game in the future to continue playing it?

P.S.: I have never owned the game and never tried any free-trial version (if has ever been)

Just now, IsaacDK503 said:

Hi, sorry, does this have trophies? I never played a Final Fantasy before.

Yes it does

42 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

So, from tomorrow I'll simply have to pay to play it, or from tomorrow it will also expire my license and I'll also have to buy the game in the future to continue playing it?

P.S.: I have never owned the game and never tried any free-trial version (if has ever been)

You can get the starter version for free until tomorrow. After that, you can start it at any time but you'll only get to play for 30 days free. 

1 hour ago, bjelda said:

Can you earn platinum by playing solo?

No, parts of the main story, "100 raids", and the Coil trophy require you to group with people, although for the main story and 100 raids you just use the Duty Finder which teams you up with random people.

Edit: Technically the Coil can be done alone if you have the expansions and just plain outlevel the boss.

Edited by Caesar Clown

50 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Can I download this now but start the free 30 days later? I've been contemplating playing XIV and this is a good incentive but I don't have the want to play it right now due to playing two other games that have my attention way more.

Yes you can. The free 30 days only starts when you link your FFXIV account to your PSN account.

Also, by creating your character on a preferred world and reaching lv30 you get 15 more free days.

On 23/05/2020 at 3:38 AM, Yuna4353 said:

So I have this game on the PC when I activate it on my PS4 will I get another 30 days free, Im looking to get back in around July due to ARR getting changes to it that will make it much better 

yes, you do.

I was thinking a little. I have already (played) the Starter-Edition on my first PSN account (PSN1) with my first Square Enix account (SE1). BUT what if I start the Trial with a second PSN- and Square Enix account (PSN2 and SE2)? I could do all these grinding trophies (1000 Fates, 10000 kills...) and after that I could disconnect SE2 from PSN2 and connect it to PSN1. You would need a subscription to do all this high-level-stuff but I think it should work, shouldn't it? If anyone has the game twice and tries this, it would be really nice if he/she post his/her experiences here.

• 2 weeks later...

@TajoniHD Sometimes a bit of searching on the internet helps: Yes, you can unlink an SE account from PSN but it seems not to be worth doing it because you need to repurchase the products on PS4.

Unlink SEN Account ==> I registered my PlayStation™Network(PSN) account to the wrong Square Enix ID.

Terms
  • Assistance can only be offered to those experiencing one of the following issues. We are unable provide assistance for any reasons other than the ones listed below.
  • You mistakenly linked your Sony Entertainment Network account to the wrong Square Enix account.
  • The service account to which the game was mistakenly registered to will be permanently disabled during this process.
  • While you can normally have up to eight service accounts on a Square Enix ID, once the service account in question is permanently disabled, you will no longer to be able to use it.
  • *If you accidentally registered entitlements for both the Windows and PlayStation 3 (or PlayStation®4) versions to the service account in question, we will only remove the entitlements for the PlayStation 3 (or PlayStation®4) version. In this case, the maximum number of service accounts to which entitlements can be added will be unchanged.
  • Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds for any subscription fees that have already been paid for on the mistakenly registered Square Enix ID. We are also unable to transfer the subscription status from one account to another and you will be required to set up your subscription again once the process is complete.
  • This service is offered only once per customer. We will be unable to provide assistance for any requests that are submitted after the initial service.
  • This service can take up to two weeks to process.
  • We may deny a request depending on the status of the subscription. If your request denied, a response will be sent to the email address you enter on your form.

Source: https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=3  (From NA (US) SE page, can only be opened when you are logged in with an SE account!)

Only thing I do not understand is about "if the wrong PSN account was used" to link an SE account to it:

NA Support page says: 

If you used the wrong PSN account, we cannot provide any support. 

Source: https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68223&ret=faq (From NA (US) SE page, can only be opened when you are logged in with an SE account!)

.. But on the German and UK English page (both  EU) the option for "PSNID link change request" is provided but you must provide official documents to prove your identity (*) 
>> Could it be the case that because of different laws in US and EU that this option is not available in the US?
*Source: https://support.eu.square-enix.com/spform.php?id=5383&la=2&h=8c47b898 (From EU SE page, can only be opened when you are logged in with an SE account!)
Edited by Geridian
Info

• 8 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 5:47 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

And if i check it in the store now, it says the Starter is unavailable because i have the FINAL FANTASY00ae.png XIV: A Realm Reborn2122.png Standard Edition. Which one is the Standard one lol

Did you download it? Gave you 30 days automatically, if so?

---

I had the standard edition years ago.  

Both Starter ( only redeemed Standard) and Trail show up as puchased.

So If link accounts, i get 30 days.

If I want free platinum. Install the Windows Free Trial (non steam). Then transfer progress when ready right?