Mobile games with trophies

I would play them if they were available for Vita. I had quite a lot of fun with some tower defence and some match three style puzzle games on Vita a while back. It seems weird that they never bothered with Mobile style phones on vita where you rotate the Vita. Little Big Planet had a few and some Minis like Pinball Dreams and Fantasies from the amiga use it.

There are games on Vita with inapp purchases in it, I guess the not needing to always be online thing killed that practice with Vita and so nobody bothered making free to play games on it.

• Like 1

I don't hate the idea, as long as they don't go down the Nintendo route of making a load of microtransaction fuelled games that use their biggest IP's to suck players in like Mario Kart Tour, Dr Mario, Fire Emblem Fates etc...

My worry would be they would release games, but the platinums would require you to either spend an exorbitant amount of money, or grind for 1000's of hours to unlock.

With the PS5 coming out soon, I would rather they just focused their attention for now on their 1st party software for that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Juxta-Dowgle said:

I don't hate the idea, as long as they don't go down the Nintendo route of making a load of microtransaction fuelled games that use their biggest IP's to suck players in like Mario Kart Tour, Dr Mario, Fire Emblem Fates etc...

My worry would be they would release games, but the platinums would require you to either spend an exorbitant amount of money, or grind for 1000's of hours to unlock.

With the PS5 coming out soon, I would rather they just focused their attention for now on their 1st party software for that.

Totally agree, and you don't need to go far to see examples of what this games could become. Just look at Frozen Free Fall for example: even the trophy guide mentions that you can buy power ups with real money. Also, according to the same guide, it's a 1/10 difficulty that requires 100 hours, probably due to the insane grind to overcome the paywall of this mobile format.

• Like 1