What the?...

RoxasOnFire

Meeeeh... Looking at the comments, honestly, I hope it's not another stack and a remaster seems really pointless. If this is a new game and a new stack, they're just stretching this out cause of the corona times, lazy remaster and quick cash grab (which we will see a lot in the next couple of months).

50 minutes ago, ScottishNub said:

This "remaster" seems completely pointless 

Look at my previous comments. It’s not a remaster of the remaster and it’s not really pointless. They know people who like trophies will re-buy their games if they had a new list, a list which is the result of the collection being split into separate products (1 and 2 are combined into one product at the moment). 

30 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Meeeeh... Looking at the comments, honestly, I hope it's not another stack and a remaster seems really pointless. If this is a new game and a new stack, they're just stretching this out cause of the corona times, lazy remaster and quick cash grab (which we will see a lot in the next couple of months).

Not a remaster... they’re the same games we got in 2016 - as they are already remastered. 

they're literally just splitting up the current collection into three products instead of two. 1 and 2 are both in one game atm, they are pulling them apart and selling them on their own, thus creating new trophy lists due to them getting new reference numbers in the background. 

I don’t see why this concept is confusing so many people? It’s not a cash grab, it’s not a lazy remaster, it’s not a rewording or changing an image in the current list, it’s two ‘new’ products which are literally single versions of each game rather than a double-game edition. Tbh, I wouldn’t be surprised if it even gets a physical re-release in individual cases, just like the Nathan Drake collection.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

I mean, Bio2 and Infinite only has 2 lists and Bio1 only has 3. Compared to something like Root Letter which has something between 10-20 (and, btw, its a good game, but doing it 10 times... no thanks), 3-4 is hardly much.

I’m more referring to the fact that we just got remasters for the games but ok

I'm torn on this. I love having a "reason" to go back and play a great game. I'll still replay my favorites even if I've plat'd them, but for a lot of games I feel like it's "a waste" when there are games I've never earned the trophies for (this may be the biggest drawback to trophy hunting). On the other hand, I don't want gaming companies to become cynical about just releasing a game again in the same console generation because we will potentially buy it. I kind of feel like a good trade off is bringing games forward once per console generation. That seems like a good way to update our favorites, without being overly greedy. So if Bioshock Remastered launched in 2016, the PS5 version launches in 2021...we can get another playthrough with trophies every 5 years or so. 

9 minutes ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

I'm torn on this. I love having a "reason" to go back and play a great game. I'll still replay my favorites even if I've plat'd them, but for a lot of games I feel like it's "a waste" when there are games I've never earned the trophies for (this may be the biggest drawback to trophy hunting). On the other hand, I don't want gaming companies to become cynical about just releasing a game again in the same console generation because we will potentially buy it. I kind of feel like a good trade off is bringing games forward once per console generation. That seems like a good way to update our favorites, without being overly greedy. So if Bioshock Remastered launched in 2016, the PS5 version launches in 2021...we can get another playthrough with trophies every 5 years or so. 

Nobody is forcing you to buy the game. These releases are for the people who want to simply buy one of the games any play it, instead of the whole collection. They are literally the same games as the collection versions, only individual games, not combined into one collection/disc.

If new lists have been made for these games, then this is the max level of stupidity and illogicality for trophy stacking. Unlike other types of re-releases, these are actually the same exact games on the same exact platform with the same exact trophy list as the ones found in the remastered collection. It's not justified like the PS4 version of the Uncharted trilogy, because those have a different trophy list and at the very least exist on a separate platform from the one on PS3. The PS3 and PS4 version of Resident Evil 3 do have a duplicate list, which is also stupid, but at least the PS4 version of the game isn't the exact same as the PS3's and evidently exist on a different platform. It's not like the remastered BioShock Collection suffers from an unified platinum encompassing all the games like the Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection and Wipeout Omega Collection, so this isn't a "splitting the games up to give them their own individual platinum" situation either, because they already have been treated that way. There's no rational reason for an entirely new and separate list for these games.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turniplord said:

Nobody is forcing you to buy the game. These releases are for the people who want to simply buy one of the games any play it, instead of the whole collection. They are literally the same games as the collection versions, only individual games, not combined into one collection/disc.

I mean considering the collection has been as cheap as $14 on Amazon is that even true? Who is out there saying that they would buy only Bioshock but not Bioshock 2? That doesn't make much sense. Why would they make different trophy lists, too? 

9 minutes ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

I mean considering the collection has been as cheap as $14 on Amazon is that even true? Who is out there saying that they would buy only Bioshock but not Bioshock 2? That doesn't make much sense. Why would they make different trophy lists, too? 

I’ve already addressed that a few times, but let’s do it again...

do you remember the Nathan Drake collection? That was around £15-20 when they split it into Three games and sold them at £10 each. You can still buy them at that price even though the collection itself is about £10 for all three. 

some people may only want one of the games, who knows? Thing is, by giving them another trophy list as they split them up (remember, these are exactly the same as the games in the collection), people who obsess over trophies, and feel they ‘have’ to buy and play everything as their life depends on it, will end up grabbing these as well, basically paying 2k for doing no work at all.

Also, so far we only know that they are being split up digitally, so it’s just a few more options for people to consider when looking at picking up the games. Not everyone may want all three games digitally, if they only want one, it will now be a cheaper option for them. 

regarding the ‘why is there a new trophy list’, I’ve talked about that Previously - they are technically ‘new’ games in the backend even though they are the same games which were once merged into a single product. 

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turniplord said:

I’ve already addressed that a few times, but let’s do it again...

do you remember the Nathan Drake collection? That was around £15-20 when they split it into Three games and sold them at £10 each. You can still buy them at that price even though the collection itself is about £10 for all three. 

some people may only want one of the games, who knows? Thing is, by giving them another trophy list as they split them up (remember, these are exactly the same as the games in the collection), people who obsess over trophies, and feel they ‘have’ to buy and play everything as their life depends on it, will end up grabbing these as well, basically paying 2k for doing no work at all.

Also, so far we only know that they are being split up digitally, so it’s just a few more options for people to consider when looking at picking up the games. Not everyone may want all three games digitally, if they only want one, it will now be a cheaper option for them. 

I didn't get into the Uncharted series, so unfortunately I don't get the reference there. 

I feel like this is what I was saying, though? They're trying to make a quick buck by offering the trophies again. My original post was saying that I think it would be more reasonable to do that once a console generation, so they can at least offer better performance. 

I agree that some people may want one game and not the other, but that's why they should be launched solo first, and then offered as a price discount if you want both. Separating them now is odd at best, and greedy at worst. 

1 minute ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

I didn't get into the Uncharted series, so unfortunately I don't get the reference there. 

I feel like this is what I was saying, though? They're trying to make a quick buck by offering the trophies again. My original post was saying that I think it would be more reasonable to do that once a console generation, so they can at least offer better performance. 

I agree that some people may want one game and not the other, but that's why they should be launched solo first, and then offered as a price discount if you want both. Separating them now is odd at best, and greedy at worst. 

Why is it greedy? You don’t HAVE to buy them... simple. If you’ve played and completed them, these aren’t for you.

it was originally launched as a trilogy, just like Uncharted remastered. Now, they’ve decided to split and sell separately, just like The Uncharted games did. The only difference is that uncharted kept the same trophy lists yet these got new ones - again, either to make the games appealing to those with a compulsive disorder to buy and play everything, or because they couldn’t link the trophies together due to the original game having one backend reference and these now having 2 (which is the most likely answer).

with the upcoming releases on the Switch, they most likely thought they may as well separate them here as well, it costs them nothing and it may lead to more sales as people new to the series may only want to pick up one at first to see if they like it. 

should they have been separate from the start? Maybe. It would have meant 3 disks in the physical edition or included download codes for some of them and maybe one physical disc. It also would have cost more to ship with more discs, which is why publishers cram as many as they can on one disc. Either way, it was a collection, now they’re going to be separate - Nobody is forcing anyone to rebuy them and theres nothing wrong with offering choices to people.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I don't think it's possible for an existing game to switch to a brand new trophy list after release.

What's happened here is that the standalone versions have separate trophy lists, and at the same time the original list has had its name and picture updated to match them. Games have their names and profile pictures changed all the time. It never creates a new list or confuses PSNP.

The closest I can think of is the PS3 version of Sound Shapes icon changing from orange to red to match the Vita (and eventual PS4) ones and I think that happened years after release.

Edited by Martain2

This is one thing I hate about this generation of consoles, so many remastered of previous games. I mean the PS5 is coming at the end of the year and yet 2K though to themselves, "You know what, lets re-release another version of Bioshock 1 and 2 for the PS4, but not Bioshock Infinite for some reason". Then again Saint Row 3 Remastered came out recently too.

I already have the Bioshock Collection in my library, but I thought that they were already remastered versions of the game. Then again there hasn't been a Bioshock game that came out this generation, so maybe 2K are re-releasing it like a promo for the next title, well see soon enough.

21 hours ago, turniplord said:

Look at my previous comments. It’s not a remaster of the remaster and it’s not really pointless. They know people who like trophies will re-buy their games if they had a new list, a list which is the result of the collection being split into separate products (1 and 2 are combined into one product at the moment). 

Not a remaster... they’re the same games we got in 2016 - as they are already remastered. 

they're literally just splitting up the current collection into three products instead of two. 1 and 2 are both in one game atm, they are pulling them apart and selling them on their own, thus creating new trophy lists due to them getting new reference numbers in the background. 

I don’t see why this concept is confusing so many people? It’s not a cash grab, it’s not a lazy remaster, it’s not a rewording or changing an image in the current list, it’s two ‘new’ products which are literally single versions of each game rather than a double-game edition. Tbh, I wouldn’t be surprised if it even gets a physical re-release in individual cases, just like the Nathan Drake collection.  

Wasn't the bioshock collection a remaster a very loose term now a days if so this is also classed as a remaster right?

3 hours ago, BlueDragonRR said:

Just looks like a picture swap. Lists will probably be merged on next PSN sync.

This never happens, psn has two NEW products listed in the backend, with different references. Ffs. Look at the previous comments, a guy even posted a picture of the new references from the database. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE DOUBLE PACK FROM THE COLLECTION. 

3 hours ago, ScottishNub said:

Wasn't the bioshock collection a remaster a very loose term now a days if so this is also classed as a remaster right?

What are you on about?

the bioshock collection remaster was a FULL remaster of the first two games. Infinite was pretty much a port of the PC version as the PC one never got a revamped edition, but the first two games were remastered both on consoles and on PC. New textures, new lighting, new assets, updated code, it was a full remaster. 

these two games are the SAME games from the collection. The collection though had both 1 and 2 in a single product. They are now going to sell them as 2 separate games, so they are ‘new’ games - although they are the same as the collection. 

seriously, why is this so hard to understand? Read all the previous comments, these aren’t remasters of the remasters.. they are split up digital rereleases due to them once being combined into a single product. 

4 hours ago, Pershing24 said:

This is one thing I hate about this generation of consoles, so many remastered of previous games. I mean the PS5 is coming at the end of the year and yet 2K though to themselves, "You know what, lets re-release another version of Bioshock 1 and 2 for the PS4, but not Bioshock Infinite for some reason". Then again Saint Row 3 Remastered came out recently too.

I already have the Bioshock Collection in my library, but I thought that they were already remastered versions of the game. Then again there hasn't been a Bioshock game that came out this generation, so maybe 2K are re-releasing it like a promo for the next title, well see soon enough.

Ffs...

infinite is Already a single product on psn. 1 and 2 are a Combined tile/game. It’s a double pack. They are releasing individual versions of 1 and 2, so you can buy just one of them if you wish. Read the previous comments and looks at the image the guy posted showing the database listings. 

what can’t anyone on here read? I usually don’t care about wild theories and guesses, but every few hours people are posting silly things when all the evidence and info has already been posted in this thread. Nobody bothers reading before posting though. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, turniplord said:

seriously, why is this so hard to understand? Read all the previous comments, these aren’t remasters of the remasters.. they are split up digital rereleases due to them once being combined into a single product. 

You've explained it well enough, if folks are too slow on the uptake then it isn't worth giving yourself an ulcer about it! They'll figure it out soon enough, common sense will eventually dictate you can't remaster something already remastered on the same system, see the recent thread about the Mafia trilogy for similar bouts of confusion!

• Like 4

Just now, Stan Lee said:

You've explained it well enough, if folks are too slow on the uptake then it isn't worth giving yourself an ulcer about it! They'll figure it out soon enough, common sense will eventually dictate you can't remaster something already remastered on the same system, see the recent thread about the Mafia trilogy for similar bouts of confusion!

Ohhh, I never even thought to look at the mafia 3 thread haha!

although, at least mafia 3 did get some improvements (it finally got the HDR patch that the Xbox one X had since launch). 

I just wish people knew how to read :)

15 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Ohhh, I never even thought to look at the mafia 3 thread haha!

although, at least mafia 3 did get some improvements (it finally got the HDR patch that the Xbox one X had since launch). 

I just wish people knew how to read :)

Spoiler

247.png

• Like 1