What the?...

RoxasOnFire

So many silly comments still being said within this thread. Of course the store won't give you these for FREE if you have the collection - they're the same game but it's a different version, so why would it give you an alternative edition of the same game for free? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TacoParade said:

when I type BIOSHOCK in the JP store it doesn't come up, is it named something else?

The Japanese PS4 versions are called "バイオショック リマスター" and "バイオショック2 リマスター" respectively, thus "Bioshock" won't be recognised as a search term but both games are on the front page of the webstore:

https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0230-CUSA13058_00-BIO1REMASTERED00

https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0230-CUSA13059_00-BIO2REMASTERED00

Be warned though, because Bioshock 2 is Z rated so can only be bought if you have a Japanese Credit Card due to the strict enforcement of age restrictions that are placed on such games.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I tried to see if the same applied to Xbox (i'm EU). Doesn't seem so. The games in store are called "bioshock remastered" and image has changed, but when i press on it it  changes to just bioshock and the old image and just the name "bioshock" the only option i have is "play" or download. Also, im my achievementlist they haven't changed either, no remastered in the title or on the picture. Have checked TA also, doesn't seem to be any new lists for bioshock. Wonder if the same applies for steam and this is for PSN-EU and JPN only. 

48 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There are no retail versions of the new lists, as all 4 of them are digital only.

What i mean is that if you already own the collection , and if you buy Bioshock 1 , it will be the same trophy list. But if you have a disc , the new list will appear.

This is quite a strange stack though. I kept my save from the collection and just loaded my last save against Fountaine and just beat him and got all the hardest difficulty trophies to pop. I started a new game and picked up the first Tonic and also unlocked all 58 of them. So if you want to play this completely fresh, I'd delete your saves if you have done the collection!

Edited by Kaa-Bling
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kaa-Bling said:

This is quite a strange stack though. I kept my save from the collection and just loaded my last save against Fountaine and just beat him and got all the hardest difficulty trophies to pop. I started a new game and picked up the first Tonic and also unlocked all 58 of them. So if you want to play this completely fresh, I'd delete your saves if you have done the collection!

The tales from the borderlands games do this too, causes messy looking timestamps

Edited by charxsetsuna

1 hour ago, Krove-34 said:

What i mean is that if you already own the collection , and if you buy Bioshock 1 , it will be the same trophy list. But if you have a disc , the new list will appear.

You lost me a bit with the “if you have a disc” comment. I own the Collection on disc. Are you implying that if I buy the game digitally - NA region - then I will get the new list as opposed to sharing it with the Bio1 list from the Collection?

11 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

You lost me a bit with the “if you have a disc” comment. I own the Collection on disc. Are you implying that if I buy the game digitally - NA region - then I will get the new list as opposed to sharing it with the Bio1 list from the Collection?

No, the US Standalone Re-Release shares the existing Trilogy Collection list so you won't get another list for buying it. The ONLY way to stack the PS4 versions of Bioshock 1 and 2, is to own the Trilogy Collection (either digitally or on disc) then buy the EU and JP Standalone Re-Releases from the PS Store in the respective region.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1