What the?...

RoxasOnFire

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It depends on where you buy the digital versions of the new Standalone releases, because the US and Asian versions share the old lists from the Trilogy Collection but the EU and JP release use the lists that appeared few days ago. The games and trophy lists themselves are 100% identical to each other, it's just that 2K decided to break up the Collection and release each one separately but for some unknown reason the EU and JP versions of 1 and 2 got new lists, though Infinite and the NA/Asian versions didn't. For added clarity, here's the full stack lists for for all 3 games:

Bioshock 1:

Global PS3

JP PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

Standalone Digital Re-Release EU PS4

Standalone Digital Re-Release JP PS4

Bioshock 2:

Global PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

Standalone Digital Re-Release EU PS4

Standalone Digital Re-Release JP PS4

Bioshock: Infinite:

Global PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

Thank you!

It's kinda weird seeing that I can still buy the separate releases of BioShock Remastered and BioShock 2 Remastered, but not BioShock Infinite: The Complete Collection, even though I have BioShock: The Collection. :giggle:

• Like 1

Maybe somebody tried this (https://www.play-asia.com/v-preca-5000-visa-gift-card-japan-account/13/70cvb7). It is prepaid visa Japanese card (3000 or 5000 yen). Their website says that it can be applied everywhere where common visa cards can be applied. So, it is possible to use them in ps store. However, you need a real Japanese SIM card for an SMS verification. Maybe it is possible to use eSIM. Was browsing long hours looking for a method to buy cero z games in Japanese ps store and found only this method which could possibly work. Would be great if someone tried it and wrote here, hope it works

Well got the platinum for the EU version. If you have done the collection and have your save from that, you can platinum this very quickly. I used my last auto save at the end of the game and unlocked all difficulty trophies from my survivor run I did on the collection. Also unlocked helping all the little sisters. 

One dairy unlocked the trophy for collecting them all. One tonic unlocked the trophy for all 58 tonics. Upgrading one gun fully unlocked all the weapon trophies in one hit. One research on each enemy unlocked upgrade fully trophies. Inventing one item unlocked all the invention trophies.

All I had to do was run through the game on easy and get the story trophies.

Does anyone know if the Japanese version uses the save from the collection?

Edit: Just got the game 100%. Didn't even need to do the time related trophies as they just unlocked by completing the challenges. The rose trophies popped as well for not even collecting them all. Just had to do the miscellaneous trophies in each challenge. They we're destroying the turrets, 9 times on the wheel and use the wrench only.

You could literally platinum and 100% this game within 15 minutes if you make enough manual saves in the collection. xD

Edited by Kaa-Bling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Thank you!

It's kinda weird seeing that I can still buy the separate releases of BioShock Remastered and BioShock 2 Remastered, but not BioShock Infinite: The Complete Collection, even though I have BioShock: The Collection. :giggle:

Yeah totally i got no idea why they didn’t add new list for infinite 

4 hours ago, Kaa-Bling said:

Well got the platinum for the EU version. If you have done the collection and have your save from that, you can platinum this very quickly. I used my last auto save at the end of the game and unlocked all difficulty trophies from my survivor run I did on the collection. Also unlocked helping all the little sisters. 

One dairy unlocked the trophy for collecting them all. One tonic unlocked the trophy for all 58 tonics. Upgrading one gun fully unlocked all the weapon trophies in one hit. One research on each enemy unlocked upgrade fully trophies. Inventing one item unlocked all the invention trophies.

Edit: Just got the game 100%. Didn't even need to do the time related trophies as they just unlocked by completing the challenges. The rose trophies popped as well for not even collecting them all. Just had to do the miscellaneous trophies in each challenge. They we're not destroying the turrets, 9 times on the wheel and use the wrench only.

You could literally platinum and 100% this game within 15 minutes if you make enough manual saves in the collection. xD

Grats man, good find too. Do you know if this works in 2 as well?

29 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Grats man, good find too. Do you know if this works in 2 as well?

I ain't started Bioshock 2 yet, but I reckon this game will be the same to be honest. I'll start it tomorrow hopefully. :D

Edited by Kaa-Bling

4 hours ago, Kaa-Bling said:

Edit: Just got the game 100%. Didn't even need to do the time related trophies as they just unlocked by completing the challenges. The rose trophies popped as well for not even collecting them all. Just had to do the miscellaneous trophies in each challenge. They we're destroying the turrets, 9 times on the wheel and use the wrench only.

I play the japanese version atm. It does NOT share the savegame unfortunately...

24 minutes ago, Kaa-Bling said:

16 minutes ago, westersburg said:

I play the japanese version atm. It does NOT share the savegame unfortunately...

ahhh.. well thats fine. I don't mind playing it. Mostly since you don't need all collectables. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire

13 hours ago, BlueDragonRR said:

Would probably help if there was a thread under each list to specify what version it is since its not listed in the game info like it should be.

Yeah, I'm hoping soon it specifies which ones as well. I keep checking. 

On 5/30/2020 at 3:44 PM, Kaa-Bling said:

Great findings.  I'm just wondering if we might get flagged for obtaining the trophies of this game in a very short amount of time.

I just unlocked the Tonic Collector and Historian when i collected the first tonic in the game (obviously needed to continue) and when I collected the first audio collectable.. I am currently deleting all my saves to start fresh. Hopefully I wont unlock anymore trophies that I don't need yet. I wanna play this game legit. Not having to complete the whole trophy list in an hour.

Because I LOVE the Bioshock series and this was bit of a bummer for me.

Edited by DerHerzeleid

On 6/1/2020 at 4:44 AM, DerHerzeleid said:

I just unlocked the Tonic Collector and Historian when i collected the first tonic in the game (obviously needed to continue) and when I collected the first audio collectable.. I am currently deleting all my saves to start fresh. Hopefully I wont unlock anymore trophies that I don't need yet. I wanna play this game legit. Not having to complete the whole trophy list in an hour.

Because I LOVE the Bioshock series and this was bit of a bummer for me.

Agreed. It’s rewarding doing it that way, that cross save nonsense doesn’t look good. New saves > ridiculous trophy orders.

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Agreed. It’s rewarding doing it that way, that cross save nonsense doesn’t look good. New saves > ridiculous trophy orders.

You can blame Sony for F'ing up how trophy lists are supposed to work and having no consistency or Quality Control when it comes to enforcing their own increasingly flimsy rules.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

You can blame Sony for F'ing up how trophy lists are supposed to work and having no consistency or Quality Control when it comes to enforcing their own increasingly flimsy rules.

For sure! I’m certain a lot of gamers didn’t/won’t see it coming when loading up saves from other stacks. ? Still legitimate nonetheless!

Also I don't think that trick you can do at the end where you defeat the last boss where you play through the game on Easy and then as you about to kill the boss, switch it to hardest difficulty with no vita chambers. I heard that was patched out of the game on the last version (Bioshock Collection) I have tried it and got all the difficulty trophies but the no vita chamber trophies.

44 minutes ago, DerHerzeleid said:

Also I don't think that trick you can do at the end where you defeat the last boss where you play through the game on Easy and then as you about to kill the boss, switch it to hardest difficulty with no vita chambers. I heard that was patched out of the game on the last version (Bioshock Collection) I have tried it and got all the difficulty trophies but the no vita chamber trophies.

That trick still works with the 1.0 and 1.01 versions of the Bioshock Collection disc but it's unknown if it still works with the 1.04 patch installed.

19 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That trick still works with the 1.0 and 1.01 versions of the Bioshock Collection disc but it's unknown if it still works with the 1.04 patch installed.

It works.

Also make sure that you play on a new game and not NG+. It is nice to have everything unlocked from the beginning but you can't get all of the research trophies if you already have maxed out all the research. If you play on regular new game the trophies for specific enemy types unlock as soon as you take your first photo of each enemy. Same goes for hacking turrets and bots. If you have reached a certain research level you autohack these by pressing square and don't get to play that minigame. So no trophy then.

Edited by westersburg

Just getting people know that the save from the collection also works on Bioshock 2. I unlocked the last trophies of the game again using my last save. Hacked something and unlocked all hacking trophies. Got one dairy and unlocked that trophy.

Also did one round of the protector DLC and unlocked all of them except, gather 100% Adam in a round because I failed that. Also did my last save of the other DLC and unlocked the last few from that.

I finished the Japanese Bioshock 1 and no saves crossed with that, so had to do that from scratch, which was good to actually play through properly, lol. I'm guessing the Japanese Bioshock 2 won't share saves either.