johnclark12's Trophy Cabinet/Workbook

johnclark12

The Golf Club 2019

:platinum: PLATINUM #139

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 7.22% VERY RARE

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 0.2% ULTRA RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 4.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 8/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Completionist (Complete 30 Sponsor Goals in Career Mode)

As an avid golfer in real life, I have been playing golf video games since back in the EA Sports Tiger Woods days. My platinum collection also has the last EA golf game (Rory McIlory). I also wrote a guide for the game on PSNProfiles if anyone is ever interested! Back to TGC '19, which is my second Golf Club game. I never got around to getting a platinum for TGC 2 mainly because the mechanics of the game were not that good and I really wasn't interested in trophy hunting at the time.

With the recent news that PGA Tour 2K20 will be hitting the shelves in August, I wanted to get this platinum out of the way beforehand. The game itself needs no explanation. It is a golf game, and you golf. I rated the enjoyment factor an 8 out of 10 because I am an avid sports fan and I golf often as mentioned above. The difficulty of this game for me is a 4/10. The difficulty for someone who doesn't play sports or golf games would likely be in the 5-6 area. Most of the trophies can be manipulated to make them easier to achieve. The hardest trophy was Completionist due to the length of time it took to achieve 30 sponsor goals. It was the last trophy I obtained and took 1.5 seasons of career mode.

The trophies mainly surround getting low scores on various courses, earning money in career mode, and doing certain feats on the course that a golfer only dreams about in real life (Hole in One). Nevertheless, I finished the game today and will look forward to the next installment of the game in August.

Moving forward, I hope to write little summaries about all of my platinum trophies with the exception of the ones in the cupcake category. Those go without the need for an explanation of how the gameplay experience was and it would probably take me more time to write this than it would to finish the game. 

Edited by johnclark12
  • Like 3

CUPCAKE UPDATE

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngL605bbe.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #140

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 92.31% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 81.3% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 2/10

Enjoyment Rating - 5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :silver: Mortar (Reach Level 47)

Don't really need an explanation for this game. It was cheap and I popped on it. The game itself is decently entertaining and easy for all gamers.

Spoiler

L17f9cc.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #141

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 97.82% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 93.2% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 2.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 6/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Collector (Get 48 Batteries)

I enjoyed this game a little more than Peasant Knight. It showed up as a recommended game when purchasing Peasant Knight so I got this game at the same time. The game is slightly more challenging and requires a little more skill than Peasant Knight. I would recommend this game to a casual puzzler looking for a cheap game.

Spoiler

L52aa38.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #142

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 93.33% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 62.8% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 1/10

Enjoyment Rating - 3.5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

I'm gonna be honest about this one, I couldn't tell you really what this game is about or what the purpose is. I just followed a platinum text guide to finish this one in an hour.

Spoiler

Lf2020e.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #143

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 88.71% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 68.3% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 3/10

Enjoyment Rating - 5.5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Deal With It (You unlocked the sunglasses [Level 100])

I would rate this game up there with Mekabolt as far as how much I enjoyed the game. Duck Souls+ is a little harder because there are more levels and require a little more precision and strategy. This is definitely an interesting game that is worth the cheap price..

Spoiler

L029247.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #144

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 79.29% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 54.7% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 1.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 4/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

I also followed a text walk-through for this game and do not really have a very good idea on the story behind it but admittedly I enjoyed this one more than Red Bow. There is a lot of back and forth in this one and it can be completed in 2-3 hours.

I am just 1 trophy away from achieving platinum on Golf With Your Friends. I will hopefully have this one soon also!

L1634dd.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #145

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 8.75% VERY RARE

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 0.6% ULTRA RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 5.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 7/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :silver: Targeted Destruction (Get Par or better on Worms Classic)

I picked this one up immediately after finishing The Golf Club 2019 to stick with the golf vibe. I may even go for Party Golf next. Regardless, this is a fun little mini-golf game with a variety of courses that require you to get par or better on each of them for a silver trophy. The game itself took a few rounds to get used to but was a fun golf game. Admittedly, it is probably more entertaining if you play with someone else (it is called 'WITH YOUR FRIENDS'). 

As with many new games it can be a challenge to find guides online. This game has been out on PC for awhile but there was a little issue... The mechanisms in this game are a little different than PC. How do you follow a guide for this game? Well, you have to look for landmarks on the map to figure out where the 'tutor' is aiming the ball. With 9 different courses, I got over half of them in my first try. 3 of them took a pair of tries while the Worm course took 3 attempts. The difficulty of this game when using a guide would be around a 5 out of 10. If you are trying to do these legit, which I did not, I would guess you are looking at around a 6.5/7 out of 10. I like golf games like I previously stated so my enjoyment level on this one was easily a 7. Will I play this again now that I have the platinum? It is hard to say as it will likely depend if I have any friends that pick up the game. 

The trophies of the game all surround on either completing a course, beating a certain score on a course, or beating a certain score on an individual hole. There is 1 online trophy that simply requires you to complete a game. I would guess a solid player would take around 10-12 hours of gameplay to get the platinum trophy for this game. 

Alas, only 5 platinum's away from 150! At this point, I am aiming for Horizon Zero Dawn to be my #150. I have 2 easy games to play yet in my console so I will probably do those in the next few days. I think this is the first time ever I have been in the top 5,000 United States. I am going to keep returning to the PS3 daily in hopes of grinding out EA Sports Active 2. It is ultra rare and would be my rarest platinum. It requires over 100 hours of gameplay. I actually wrote the guide for this game on the site here but never got around to finishing it!

CUPCAKE UPDATE

Spoiler

Lac5260.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #146

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 77.63% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 46.5% RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 4/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

Pretty straight-forward game where the only thing you really do is make text choices. Not sure if the choices affect the trophies, I'm sure they do since I needed 2 playthroughs to get it all.

Spoiler

L4df8d8.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #147

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 82.31% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 54.6% COMMON

Enjoyment Rating - 6/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: The Lady and the Lord (Defeat the Boss of the 3rd campaign [Beat the game])

This is probably my favorite game to date by Ratalaika Games. You don't need a guide to complete it, and the gameplay is pretty fun. It also requires you to play the entire game which is a rarity from them. Take about 3 hours to finish, worth the low price.

Spoiler

Lac9e4e.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #148

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 98.47% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 90.6% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 0/10

Enjoyment Rating - N/A

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

I can't provide any details about this game. You just mash on :cross: for 20 minutes and get the platinum. Essentially it is a book and that's it.

I decided to order a PS Vita this week. I have always wanted one since I lost my PSP but never got around to getting one. With over 50 games cross-buy waiting for me to play, and platinum, I figured to get one. I am looking for another game for 149 before I focus on 150 which is hopefully going to be Horizon Zero Dawn!

Edited by johnclark12
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lfad333.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #150

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 31.94% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 6.0% VERY RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 8.5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Blazing Suns at all Grounds (Get a Gold Medal on all 15 Hunting Grounds)

Finally! My 150th Platinum Trophy was none other than an instant PS4 classic that my roommate recommended to me last month. Horizon Zero Dawn was a very fun and at times challenging game that was packed full of action. I played the game on a combination of Story, Easy, and Normal to finish the game and get all of the trophies. I'm going to move on to the DLC within the next few days while finally getting some of my PS Vita platinum's started. 

I found the guide on PSNP very helpful and easy to use and did not have any trouble with any particular trophies. I will say that getting a gold medal on all of the Hunting Grounds was probably the hardest trophy in the game at least until you get used to the mechanics and weaponry. Afterwards, it was fairly simple. Getting collectibles is straight forward and many trophies for completing missions come naturally. Killing machines on Story mode is a piece of cake to get those trophies out of the way. I had a really fun time with this game and after I got a few hours in I found it hard to put the controller down.

I will admit that I did not pay much attention to the story. I got the jist of it, but fast forwarded through most of the segments, text, and cut-scenes. The game was still very much enjoyable for me. I received some recommendations to try Concrete Genie, Spider-man, and God of War after completing this game, and may just go that route. If anyone has any advice as to which one of the 3 are easiest/quickest, I would appreciate the input! I forgot to check how many hours of gameplay it took for Horizon, but I am guessing somewhere between 35 and 40.

• Like 1

CUPCAKE UPDATE

Spoiler

L60e5e8.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #152

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 89.53% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 79.8% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 1.5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

Puzzle game that is easy even without a guide. You can navigate through every possible option until you get the right one. Game takes about 2 hours to complete.

Spoiler

Le915f2.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #153

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 93.45% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 84.7% COMMON

Enjoyment Rating - 5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

Decently entertaining game with enough gameplay to warrant the price

Spoiler

Lf62e20.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #155

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 93.96% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 44.0% RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 2/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

The game isn't hard, but it's definitely not fun. It took me longer than it should have to figure out what the point of the game is and how to win. Took about an hour to finish, would not really recommend to someone unless you are obviously looking for cheap easy platinum trophies (Why I got it!).

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngL0df173.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #156

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 94.49% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 66.4% COMMON

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

Nice retro-style point and click game. I used a platinum walk-through and did not pay much attention to the storyline. It is a nice easy platinum that can be achieved in 45 minutes.

My big 'non-cupcake' game I am working on now is Concrete Genie after some good recommendations from friends. I will likely try my hand at Spider-man next.

A pair of PS Vita Platinum Trophies in this update. #151 was 'My Name is Mayo', and #154 was 'Reed Remastered'. Plenty of more Vita platinum trophies on the way, I have been working on 2 of the longest ones which include 'Word Search by POWGI' and 'Pic-a-Pix Color'! Thanks for reading and following!

10 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

I’ve never heard ‘cupcake’ to describe short games like those. It’s fitting though, since they’re small and sweet! I like it!

Did you make that up yourself, or did you get it from somewhere else?

As far as I know I'm the only one that uses that term, so I'd say I created it myself ?.

I got it from old Football video games. When you wanted to create a team that was the worst possible option and easy to beat, you chose the Cupcake option!

• Like 2

CUPCAKE UPDATE

Spoiler

Lc3928c.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #157

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 89.42% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 71.1% COMMON

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

A side-scroller that I used a walkthrough guide for. There were some parts where you had to be quick and pay attention even if using a guide but otherwise this was a nice 2 hour platinum.

Spoiler

L9c8a21.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #158

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 80.65% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 59.3% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 2/10 (WITH GUIDE)

Enjoyment Rating - 4.5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

The game would definitely be much harder without a walkthrough and take more than 2 hours. It is a very nice puzzle/strategy game that I would recommend to both trophy hunters and those looking for a unique puzzle experience. Even following a guide I found the game to be enjoyable.

Spoiler

L176486.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #159

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 96.86% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 91.8% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 1/10

Enjoyment Rating - 2/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

Obviously only got this for the platinum. There is no gameplay, just another game with text branching that gives you different endings. Followed a walkthrough and finished in 25 minutes. In my opinion, it's overpriced for a game of this caliber. Was $9.99, should be $4.99. Maybe because it's a new game?

Spoiler

L06d7fb.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #160

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 97.66% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 87.7% COMMON

Enjoyment Rating - 3/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

Not often can you platinum a game not knowing what is going on or not knowing what you are doing, but that is just what happens with this game. The trophies can all be obtained playing Level 1 over and over, you just need to accumulate your stats. By the time I finished the game, 20 minutes, I knew what was going on, but it didn't matter.

Going to get into Awesome Pea 1 and 2 tonight, and then go back to working on Concrete Genie, which is interesting so far. I have also been grinding away at Vita still, the word search game in particular. Also, big shoutout and thumbs up to the news of a new Crash Bandicoot possibly on the way! My favorite series of all time!

• 3 weeks later...

Not too much to update on but I reached Level 37 over the 4th of July weekend. I am pretty much grinding away at some PS Vita games now that take awhile to complete (Word Search still and now Pic-a-Pic color). I am just one session away from completing Awesome Pea on PS4. I snagged a few new VR Games to play also and will be getting started on them. I'd like to finish all of the ones I recently started before going too far (Concrete Genie, Jak on Vita). 

My next new game purchases will likely be Madden and Crash 4. Still considering getting the latest Sponegbob game, maybe on a price increase. But who knows, I have been talking about getting the South Park games for 2 years now and never have!

Lf89878.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #167

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 71.04% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 48.5% RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 6/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

I debated for quite some time if I would consider this game a cupcake or actually categorize it, in which I decided to eventually put it with the Platformer games. The main reasons are that this game was not actually a cupcake, and I think the game being rare on PSN speaks more on that. It is much harder than I anticipated it being although repetition will eventually allow you to prevail.

Also, most of the games in my cupcake list simply don't fit anywhere else. The game was fairly entertaining and had me close to raging a few times. I would say it took my roughly 5 hours of gameplay to finish the game and get the platinum.

L0bf57c.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #168

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 80.95% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 55.1% COMMON

Personal Difficulty Rating - 3.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 5.5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - N/A

The follow up to the original Awesome Pea is much easier than the first, although the mechanisms are the exact same. The levels are just slightly easier combined with the fact that experience from the first game helps. The rarity percentage show that this game is indeed easier than the first. 

The game was enjoyable like the first and to be honest I would probably play Awesome Pea 3 if it ever got to that point. I am a fan of platformer games although I like ones with more meat in it like Crash or Spyro. 

Next I will continue with Concrete Genie and probably keep grinding away at some PS Vita games I have been speaking about. 

• 4 weeks later...

L779928.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #187

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 26.68% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 1.4% ULTRA RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 6.5/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Thank You (See all major endings)

It has been awhile since I published an update here (almost 20 platinum trophies). I have been grinding some of the cupcake games on PS Vita which is why my numbers have jumped so far in the last month. July was a down month for me as I brought in 480 trophies compared to 529 in June and 900 in May. I saw Erica was a free game last month, and the guide made it look easy, so I decided to go for this one next.

Erica was a fun point & click style adventure game but the fact that you had to play the exact same game 5 times (each taking 90 minutes) was annoying after the first two. It took me almost all 5 times to understand what the game is actually about. Coming in and out of the Delphi house numerous times trying to conclude what was going on. Nevertheless, the graphics are simply amazing. I followed a text walkthrough guide for all 5 playthroughs side by side on my PC with remote play. I used the controller and not my smartphone.

With a guide the difficulty of this game is about a 2.5 out of 10. It is possible that the touchpad on the controller could pick up the wrong movement which essentially ruins an entire playthrough. The enjoyment level for me was a 6.5/10. It might have been higher if I did not have to play 5 times. The game took me about approximately 8 hours of playing time to finish. Without using a guide, the difficulty would likely be closer to a 5-6 out of 10 and take more than 5 playthroughs.

I have some more Vita games I am working on and I will try and get Concrete Genie finished up next. I am really interested in the free August PS Plus party game also, so I may turn my attention to that. I will be buying both Madden & The Golf Club games this month so expect to see them high up on my list also. Unfortunately, I put EA Sports Active on the back burner as I don't find the benefit of playing 60ish hours for one bronze trophy right now. WWE 2K is also put on the back-burner.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I made it up to Platinum #196 this weekend! After the reset of the points system, I am now at Level 507 and have made the top 2,500 in the USA! Here is a brief summary of the games I played:

• #192 - Educational Games For Kids (The game might seem easy, but it actually requires you to know the locations and flags of every country in the world. I give it a 4/10 difficulty that can be completed in about 5-6 hours of gameplay.)
  • #193 - Active Neurons 2 (The game is easier with a follow-through guide but if you want to play without one it is still fun. 2/10 with guide, 6/10 without guide. About 2 hours with guide.)
  • #194 - Swordbreaker The Game (Use a follow-through text guide to get almost 60 trophies in 45 minutes. 1/10 difficulty with guide, 5/10 without as there are so many branching options.)
  • #195 - Halloween Candy Break (Pretty simple game to play. A trophy guide will make things quicker. Took me about 2 hours. 2/10 difficulty.)
  • #196 - Birthday of Midnight (Very similar to the first 2 in the series. Fun puzzler to play at your own pace. Platinum in about 2 hours with a 2/10 difficulty.)

I likely will not try and platinum Crash 4 due to the insane difficulty but I still want to complete the story. PGA 2K21 might be my goal for Platinum #200 since I am an avid golfer. We shall see!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my next update! I just reached #199, I will definitely reach my goal of 200 before the PS5!

• #197 - Golf Zero (Pretty fun game that requires very little skill. I would give this a 2/10 difficulty that takes about an hour)
  • #198 - Memory Lane (You literally are just playing a match game by yourself. 1.5/10 difficulty that takes about 20 minutes)
  • #199 - Feather (I don't really understand the point of the game. It reminds me of Journey a little but. Nevertheless, this is a 1.5/10 difficulty if using a guide and it takes about 20 minutes)

• 3 weeks later...

Ldaaa68.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #208

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 45.08% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - UNKNOWN

Enjoyment Rating - 8/10

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: A Grand Tour! (Retrieve all puzzle pieces in the game)

Finally, the PS5 era has arrived. I was excited to bust open this sucker and get started asap. What better way than Astro's Playroom, exactly how I started the PS4 Era (The Playroom). The game was very fun, used the functionality of the controller perfectly, and showed what this generation would be capable of. I am generally a fan of platformers like this anyway, so I was excited to get started.

Did not really need to use a guide until I completed the initial playthrough. Just a little bit of cleanup required doing miscellaneous tasks along with trying to find some last puzzle pieces I did not find earlier. Thanks to the new feature on PS5 that tells you how long you have played a game, I can say that it took 5 hours to complete the game. The difficulty is a mere 2/10 but the enjoyment rating was at least an 8 for me!

Now that the PS5 is here and I have a plethora of games to play, I have changed my upcoming roadmap of games. I already got started on Bugsnax, which I find very enjoyable also. Afterwards, I'm not sure yet. I have Sackboy's Adventure, Spiderman MM, and Spiderman Remastered. I also loaded Crash 4 onto the console, so I have numerous options on where to go next. 

• Like 1

L73f2a8.png

:platinum: PLATINUM #211

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 16.07% RARE

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 2.6% ULTRA RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 3/10

Enjoyment Rating - 7/10

Time Spent - 14 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Got To Catch Them All (Catch all 100 species of Bugsnax)

Bugnsnax is definitely not a game that will suit all players but if you enjoy platformers or adventure games, you will enjoy this game. It's free, so what do you have to lose? This is the game I jumped into right after Astro's Playroom. Over the course of about a week, I managed to finish this game off. The game was fun for me personally, the story semi-made sense the more you played, and the use of the next-gen system features was very obvious.

The game only requires one playthrough and nothing is missable in the game. You can expect to spend approximately 15 hours playing this game. I gave it a 3/10 difficulty only because there are a few parts of the game that are tricky at times. There is no health system in this game, so it is impossible to die. I gave it a 7/10 enjoyment just because I enjoy these kinds of games. Crash, Spyro, Sackboy, etc. This game would be in that category.

I am excited to turn my attention to Spiderman Remastered on the PS5. I have been wanting to play it on the PS4 but since the game was free with MM, I will get that one underway now. I am also taking the time to catch up on some Vita games I have as well. Also, I had to sneak in the controversial My Name Is Mayo 2.

Edited by johnclark12

• 2 weeks later...

It was a great November for trophies! My 3rd best month on record after the release of the PS5. I racked in 535 trophies. 

22 Platinum trophies in November (14 of them were cupcake games on the Vita that I have already gotten on the PS4). I was able to get a solid start on the PS5 with a triage of platinum trophies. Astro's Playroom and Bugsnax were 2 new games that I enjoyed. Concept Destruction was a PS4 stack. 

I plan on getting Spiderman finished up this December and hopefully MM also. Then I have a handful of cupcake games for the PS4 I already had that I want to get finished up. Level 527 to kick off the month, might be possible to get this up to 540. Staying in the top 1000 for PS5 trophies is a solid goal of mine as well as getting to the top 1000 in Vita trophies.

Hope to check in with everyone in a few days after finishing up Spiderman Remastered. 

L8c23e0.png

SPIDERMAN REMASTERED (PS5)

:platinum: PLATINUM #226

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 58.70% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 13.0% VERY RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 8.5/10

Time Spent - 28 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: I Heart Manhattan (100% Game Completion)

Wow, I can't believe I waited so long to finally play this game. I'd been wanting to play this for awhile but never got around to buying it. Pleasantly surprised when I found out that I got it for free with Spiderman MM. Jumped right into this one and had an absolute blast. Felt a tad bit like inFamous at the start and then when I really got a feel for the game, I was letting hours and hours pass while still holding the controller.

I played on the easiest difficulty and didn't really use a guide except for some small bronze trophies that I needed help with. I plan on digging back in to the DLC soon to get most of those trophies out of the way. Miles Morales will be the next game I get into after this. The difficulty was only a 2.5/10 and that is largely because of some of the challenges requiring a good score. Luckily I received and spent my tokens wisely enough that I had 1 base token left after buying all of the suits. For an enjoyment factor, I am giving this one an 8.5/10. This is the most fun I have had with a game in quite some time.

I have some smaller PS4 & Vita games that I will be knocking out while I also work on the DLC for Spiderman. Great time to be a gamer in my opinion!  

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a handful of games to get me up to 235 over the past week. Here is the breakdown:

• #227 - Hidden Through Time (PS4) - Entertaining search and find game that got really difficult after awhile because the objects are so small and the maps are so big. With a guide you can knock this out quickly. I did half of this legit and the other half using a guide.
  • #228 - Iron Snout (Vita) - Quick game that I had previously completed cross-buy on PS4
  • #229 - Back In 1995 (Vita) - Quick game that I had previously completed cross-buy on PS4
  • #230 - Autumn's Journey (PS4) - Very fast text-based game that can be done in 10 mins. with a guide.
  • #231 - Distraint: Deluxe Edition (Vita) - Quick game that I had previously completed cross-buy on PS4
  • #232 - Neon Junctions (Vita) - Quick game that I had previously completed cross-buy on PS4
  • #233 - Wordsweeper by POWGI (Vita) - Still pounding out those POWGI games. Did the Vita version first, will do the PS4 version next.
  • #234 - Vera Blanc: Full Moon (PS4) - Very fast text-based game that can be done in 10 mins. with a guide.
  • #235 - Christmas Break Head To Head (PS4) - Had to get in the X-mas spirit by completing this one. Can be harder than you think as there is some luck involved. Still finished it up in 20-30 minutes anyway.

Still grinding on Spiderman Miles Morales from time to time. Very entertaining game that I really love. As far as the big name games, Sackboy's Adventures and Madden 25 are next on my list. My goal with the PS5 games are to have maximum completion percentage. 

Lafb814.png

FREDDY SPAGHETTI (PS4 & PS5)

:platinum: PLATINUM #236 & #237

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 62.26% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 39.1% RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 6.5/10

Time Spent - 1 Hour per Console

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Level 50 (Complete the main story [Level 50])

When you see a new title by Ratalaika Games, you never know what you are going to get. Freddy Spaghetti was probably my favorite of them all to this point. There was actual gameplay and it wasn't exactly a walk in the park like some of their games. Granted, probably only 7 of the 50 levels were actually somewhat challenging, there was more than 20 minutes of meaningful gameplay. Since the days of stacking PS4 & Vita games are gone, the transition has officially been made to stacking PS5 & PS4 games for the foreseeable future. 

I obviously did not use a guide since the game is essentially brand new and there really are no guides available yet. You do not need a guide to finish this game. I'd give the game a 2.5/10 as it relates to difficulty and roughly a 1 hour completion time. The first time I played it took me 1.5 hours, and the second time through on PS4 it only took 1 hour. From an enjoyment perspective, I give this one a 6.5/10. It was actually worth the $4.99 even if you aren't someone who is dead set on easy trophies. 

I am still grinding away on Spiderman Miles Morales before I turn my attention to either Madden 21 or Sackboy's Adventure.

L0d6cb4.png

SPIDERMAN MILES MORALES

:platinum: PLATINUM #239

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 51.32% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 8.6% VERY RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 8/10

Time Spent - 19 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: A New Home (Complete the game 100%)

I only became a Spiderman fan when my GameStop bundle included Miles Morales. As I said above a few times, I had always wanted to get into the Spiderman series but just never got around to it. Boy am I hooked now. I excitedly await the next edition of the franchise. I think the game gives you the perfect blend between easy and semi-difficult trophies while also giving you the freedom to select how difficult the game will be. If you want a hard experience you can easily boost the difficulty.

I spent just over 19 hours on the game, and noticed it was much shorter than the original Spiderman game. Unlike the first game, I did not have to use a guide for this one since I was familiar enough with the franchise. At some point, I may play these both again on the PS4 since I can access that for free. I enjoyed this one slightly less for the sole reason of not getting as much playtime although I did enjoy the story more in this game. I still rate it an 8/10 for enjoyment purposes. The difficulty is the exact same as the original for me.

That puts me at nearly 100% for PS5 games so far. I did not do NG+ on the original Spiderman so I will likely stay at 98% on that one for long time. Next up I will turn my attention to Madden 21 for the PS5. Sports games can sometimes be pretty hard and take awhile but I have not done a sports on in awhile so I think it is time. Retaining my Top 200 ranking in the USA for PS5 is a cool goal for now I think. There are a few Vita games I am still working on in my spare time (mostly at night in bed). Another Top 5 month all-time for me. Things are going great right now!

• Like 1

Le82419.png

MADDEN NFL 21

:platinum: PLATINUM #241

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 6.93% VERY RARE

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 0.1% ULTRA RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 3.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 6/10

Time Spent - 10.5 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: The GOAT (GOAT Legacy Rank [30K Points] in Face of Franchise)

I'm a hardcore sports fan so it is only right that I turn my attention to my first sports platinum of the PS5 era. Quite honestly, only a handful of these trophies actually require you to play football. Many of these can be cheesed by either using 2 controllers or altering the teams to be extremely talented. The Face of Franchise trophies are the only ones that require you to play games against CPU. However, you can edit the difficulty to easy and sim the game when on defense to get through the entire mode in around 6 hours.

If you use a guide, 2 controllers, and download custom rosters, you can complete this game in 10 hours with the difficulty being a 3/10. If you do not use a guide or do not have a second controller, the difficulty likely ramps up to a 6/10 and would take closer to 20 hours. Being a huge football fan, it helps to know the game and which players are good in various situations. Using a guide will take all of these problems away.

I'll admit it feels like I completely cheated this game as I don't think I actually played an entire football game the whole time. For that reason, my enjoyment rating is only a 6. I typically love playing madden games but ESPN 2K5 is still the best football game ever. Looks like I will continue my PS5 journey and start Sackboy's Adventure next!

• Like 1