LoveInHell

The most Expensive Game you ever bought

54 posts in this topic

What was the most expensive game you ever bought?

 

For me this must've been when I was still playing Call Of Duty and usually they cost like €70 for a pre-order.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Any new release in Canada when the game costs $80 with tax.

Edited by Crzy Minus
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hands down, no competition final fantasy XIV. We bought the base game four times (two PS3 two PS4 for Mrs bee and I) bought the PS4 expansion to the most recent one two times, then what boils down to about 3 + years of combined subscription.

 

When all said and done, several hundred dollars spent on that game.  If you were to ask me now of it was worth it, I would have to say yes, because with did provide hundreds of combined hours of fun.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent £180 on the Collectors Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic back in the day.

Dont regret it too much, still play it almost weekly, great game (Now).


Including Games + DLC, probably one of the Paradox Games. I musta sunk £200+ into Crusader Kings 2 easy.

Mobile game, Marvel Puzzle Quest, at least £1200 in the last 6 years on that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

This one

Erm, holy hell.

Did you manage to snipe one when the retro collecting crashed a few years ago or?
 

Ive spent £150 twice on the PAL versions of Conkers Bad Fur Day but had to stop collecting retro because my wallet couldnt take it anymore.

Also, lot of 'full time' sellers ruined the market around me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say FFXIV too.  The base game plus three expansions plus years of subscriptions plus 100 thousand Fantasias.  That adds up.

 

In one go?  Maybe Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunaha vs King Abaddon Limited Edition.  It's been years, but I think it was like 60 to 70 dollars, which was a lot for a PS2 game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

$900 for the Dark Souls 3 Prestige edition.
ZZrFRDQ.jpg

Woahh!! That looks seriously badass! I love Dark Souls 3. Going back in time, would you buy it again or not?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the Fortnite Ultimate Edition (200$) back before Battle Royale was a thing, because Fortnite's co-op campaign was one of the best crossplay options on the table for me and an LDR ex. Besides that, I pre-ordered Dishonored 2's collector edition for something like 120$ way back when. Was pretty cool.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

This one

s0oiSXm.jpg

How much is that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Erm, holy hell.

Did you manage to snipe one when the retro collecting crashed a few years ago or?
 

Ive spent £150 twice on the PAL versions of Conkers Bad Fur Day but had to stop collecting retro because my wallet couldnt take it anymore.

Also, lot of 'full time' sellers ruined the market around me.

Back in 2012. The other ones are too expensive now except maybe metal slug 4

 

1 minute ago, LoveInHell said:

How much is that?

Nowadays? I think it is priced around 2,300 USD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Back in 2012. The other ones are too expensive now except maybe metal slug 4

 

Nowadays? I think it is priced around 2,300 USD

Jesus Christ, is it that rare? Wow, you have a gem. 😅

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Back in 2012. The other ones are too expensive now except maybe metal slug 4

 

Nowadays? I think it is priced around 2,300 USD

Jeeez. That would definitely be the prize of my collection haha.

It looks amazingly good as well, near mint.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the number of times I've bought Skyrim... Yeah, probably Skyrim.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Jesus Christ, is it that rare? Wow, you have a gem. 1f605.png

Compared to other neo geo releases? No. It is an uncommon cart.

 

Metal slug 1 and 2 are the really rare ones

 

Edit: kizuna encounter for Europe is the rarest neo game, only 5 known copies exist, not sure how expensive it would be if one of the owners decided to sell

Edited by SnowxSakura
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The day FF7 came out I ran around like an idiot trying to find a copy and couldn't. Then I remembered this hardware store that occasionally has games for some reason and decided to check. They had 1 copy left and were asking 130$ and I wanted it bad. Adjusting for inflation, that's like 200$ today.

 

I was young and dumb lol.

Edited by KingGuy420
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

The day FF7 came out I ran around like an idiot trying to find a copy and couldn't. Then I remembered this hardware store that occasionally has games for some reason and decided to check. They had 1 copy left and were asking 130$ and I wanted it bad. Adjusting for inflation, that's like 200$ today.

 

I was young and dumb lol.

$130 seems really expensive for a base game, was it some kind of special edition? Or was it a ripoff lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

$130 seems really expensive for a base game, was it some kind of special edition? Or was it a ripoff lol.

FF7 was selling for crazy prices shortly after release up until 2008 or so. 4 figures for misprint copies, was crazy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

$130 seems really expensive for a base game, was it some kind of special edition? Or was it a ripoff lol.

 

It was undoubtedly a ripoff. It wasn't a regular game store so i'm assuming someone there just went out and bought a copy that morning and jacked up the price... A scalper if you will lol. It was literally the only copy I could find after hours of searching and I wanted it bad.

 

It actually wasn't THAT far out of the realm of reasonability. Other new games were running 70-90$ at that time anyways. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KingGuy420 said:

 

It was undoubtedly a ripoff. It wasn't a regular game store so i'm assuming someone there just went out and bought a copy that morning and jacked up the price... A scalper if you will lol. It was literally the only copy I could find after hours of searching and I wanted it bad.

 

It actually wasn't THAT far out of the realm of reasonability. Other new games were running 70-90$ at that time anyways. 

I remember when funcoland was selling that ps1 dragonball GT game for over 200 dollars

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rule of Rose lol, hands down. I could have bought two used PS4's for the same price. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Woahh!! That looks seriously badass! I love Dark Souls 3. Going back in time, would you buy it again or not?

Definitely. The Souls series is my all time favourite game series and I took a week off work to play DS3 on day one. The only thing that sucks is where I currently live I have no where to display all my statues from all my collectors editions. However I wouldn’t spend that much money on a game these days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've purchased (but not yet played) the final season of The Walking Dead four times, so I guess that.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TLoU2 when it comes out. I don't ever remember having to spend anything over $100 USD on a single game (pre-ordered the Collector's Edition).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.