The most Expensive Game you ever bought

LoveInHell

Hands down, no competition final fantasy XIV. We bought the base game four times (two PS3 two PS4 for Mrs bee and I) bought the PS4 expansion to the most recent one two times, then what boils down to about 3 + years of combined subscription.

When all said and done, several hundred dollars spent on that game.  If you were to ask me now of it was worth it, I would have to say yes, because with did provide hundreds of combined hours of fun.

• Like 1

Spent £180 on the Collectors Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic back in the day.

Dont regret it too much, still play it almost weekly, great game (Now).

Including Games + DLC, probably one of the Paradox Games. I musta sunk £200+ into Crusader Kings 2 easy.

Mobile game, Marvel Puzzle Quest, at least £1200 in the last 6 years on that.

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

This one

Erm, holy hell.

Did you manage to snipe one when the retro collecting crashed a few years ago or?

Ive spent £150 twice on the PAL versions of Conkers Bad Fur Day but had to stop collecting retro because my wallet couldnt take it anymore.

Also, lot of 'full time' sellers ruined the market around me.

I have to say FFXIV too.  The base game plus three expansions plus years of subscriptions plus 100 thousand Fantasias.  That adds up.

In one go?  Maybe Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunaha vs King Abaddon Limited Edition.  It's been years, but I think it was like 60 to 70 dollars, which was a lot for a PS2 game.

I bought the Fortnite Ultimate Edition (200$) back before Battle Royale was a thing, because Fortnite's co-op campaign was one of the best crossplay options on the table for me and an LDR ex. Besides that, I pre-ordered Dishonored 2's collector edition for something like 120$ way back when. Was pretty cool.

9 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Erm, holy hell.

Did you manage to snipe one when the retro collecting crashed a few years ago or?

Ive spent £150 twice on the PAL versions of Conkers Bad Fur Day but had to stop collecting retro because my wallet couldnt take it anymore.

Also, lot of 'full time' sellers ruined the market around me.

Back in 2012. The other ones are too expensive now except maybe metal slug 4

1 minute ago, LoveInHell said:

How much is that?

Nowadays? I think it is priced around 2,300 USD

8 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Jesus Christ, is it that rare? Wow, you have a gem. 1f605.png

Compared to other neo geo releases? No. It is an uncommon cart.

Metal slug 1 and 2 are the really rare ones

Edit: kizuna encounter for Europe is the rarest neo game, only 5 known copies exist, not sure how expensive it would be if one of the owners decided to sell

Edited by SnowxSakura

The day FF7 came out I ran around like an idiot trying to find a copy and couldn't. Then I remembered this hardware store that occasionally has games for some reason and decided to check. They had 1 copy left and were asking 130$ and I wanted it bad. Adjusting for inflation, that's like 200$ today.

I was young and dumb lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

The day FF7 came out I ran around like an idiot trying to find a copy and couldn't. Then I remembered this hardware store that occasionally has games for some reason and decided to check. They had 1 copy left and were asking 130$ and I wanted it bad. Adjusting for inflation, that's like 200$ today.

I was young and dumb lol.

$130 seems really expensive for a base game, was it some kind of special edition? Or was it a ripoff lol.

5 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

$130 seems really expensive for a base game, was it some kind of special edition? Or was it a ripoff lol.

It was undoubtedly a ripoff. It wasn't a regular game store so i'm assuming someone there just went out and bought a copy that morning and jacked up the price... A scalper if you will lol. It was literally the only copy I could find after hours of searching and I wanted it bad.

It actually wasn't THAT far out of the realm of reasonability. Other new games were running 70-90$ at that time anyways. 

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

It was undoubtedly a ripoff. It wasn't a regular game store so i'm assuming someone there just went out and bought a copy that morning and jacked up the price... A scalper if you will lol. It was literally the only copy I could find after hours of searching and I wanted it bad.

It actually wasn't THAT far out of the realm of reasonability. Other new games were running 70-90$ at that time anyways. 

I remember when funcoland was selling that ps1 dragonball GT game for over 200 dollars

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Woahh!! That looks seriously badass! I love Dark Souls 3. Going back in time, would you buy it again or not?

Definitely. The Souls series is my all time favourite game series and I took a week off work to play DS3 on day one. The only thing that sucks is where I currently live I have no where to display all my statues from all my collectors editions. However I wouldn’t spend that much money on a game these days.