Sequels that don’t exist you’d like to see.

Crzy Minus

Well, may as well give all my pipe dreams that will never happen:

Suikoden VI

A good sequel to Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

A sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (I actually liked it and it was clear they intended to make another game and nothing came of it)

Final Fantasy VI-2

Honestly 2 games cross my mind now

- Jade Empire 2 : impossible dream since Jade Empire was made by the old legendary BioWare and that team is non existent anymore. 

- Titan Quest 2 : ignoring the bug ridden ps4 version, that game was kinda the only serious contender to diablo 2. Awesome game that receives updates even today. 

• Like 2

-Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 2

-Star Wars: Republic Commando 2 or alternatively it would have been called Imperial Commando.

-Knights of the Old Republic III. I don't consider the MMO to be the true third game.

-Batman: Arkham Beyond where it's the futuristic setting of Batman Beyond while playing as Terry Mcginnis.

-Lastly, I know the thread says sequels but I would like a prequel to Mass Effect about the First Contact War. Maybe if done right the whole thing could technically be a sequel and the war is portrayed through flashbacks.

Unfortunately the only one of that list that seems like it could realistically happen is Arkham Beyond but it doesn't sound like they are going to do that anytime soon. The rest are wishful thinking, however...

• Like 1

A thread like this on here? Well then...

Mine will be stuff no one wants. BUT I DO. ?

The World Ends With You 2. Final Remix flat out teased it. However, it's clearly never being made. Ever. ?

Final Fantasy X-3. Say whatever the hell you want. I want this. Bonus Audio flat out teased it and there's A LOT of interesting things they could do with it. Further connections to Final Fantasy 7 being the most obvious due to the connection at the end of X-2. Along those lines... I'd say they could do things like a 'Jenova Prototype,' Spira versions of the 'Weapons' (not the fiend versions from X & X-2), and even possibly a Red XIII ancestor. They can call it 'Red I' or just 'Red' for short I guess. It could maybe be a fiend that gains sentience or something that 'adapts' and/or 'mutates' to look similar to Red XIII from FF7.

A new .hack game. This series is SO MUCH BETTER than SAO it's not even close. Bandai are unwilling a-holes.

A new Klonoa game. This series also needs to make a comeback. No one else here will even know what it is except me and that makes me sad. A trademark was made for a possible Crash/Spyro-esque remake for the game so maybe that can be the start of it. That's my hope anyway. Again Bandai are unwilling a-holes.

Speaking of which...

Crash Bandicoot (original-esque games). It did well enough and there are rumors a new game is coming so this may actually happen. Though I also wouldn't mind N. Sane-esque remakes of Wrath of Cortex & Twinsanity

Spyro the Dragon (original-esque games). Same as above but I don't know if it did as well as the Crash remake did. It doesn't matter because I still want it. I would also take Reignited-esque remakes of Enter the Dragonfly & A Hero's Tale. I don't care if these two games got bad reviews and/or sucked. They can fix them. They clearly should. They clearly will.

Just a small sample of my COULD FILL AN ENTIRE LIBRARY AND THEN SOME of pipe dreams I have... ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Folklore

This. Always good to find another person who knows what this game is, although I figure it wouldn't be as popular around here since it was from before trophies were required of published games. Seriously beautiful game, anyone who doesn't know it, I think the original PS3 demo is still up.

Ridge Racer 8. I care for arcade racing games like RR7, not sim ones like Gran Turismo. What were Namco thinking when they didn't get this out for PS4's launch? Instead, we got the sad Vita Ridge Racer with 30 FPS and very limited content. Now that should never have been released. It would've been better if they released the PSP Ridge Racer 2 as a digital title for the North American market to be played on both PSP and Vita. I think the bad reception for Vita RR may have killed Namco's desire to keep the series going.

I know it'll probably come eventually but I NEED a sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn!

One of the greatest games I've ever played. Took over my mind and I couldn't think about anything else for nearly 2 weeks!

If a sequel is announced, I wouldn't hestitate to drop $200-$300 for a collector's edition just based off how great the first game was.

One game immediately comes to mind.

Rogue Galaxy. The ending of the first game pretty much sets up for a sequel yet it never happened.

Others I'd like to see.

"Insert word here" of the Tomb Raider. I hope that Shadow wasn't the last we see of the series.

F.E.A.R 4 if possible. Maybe something to do with another experiment woken up by the events of the last game.

Titanfall 3

Assassin's Creed. I'd like to see a direct sequel for Altair preferably with the new gameplay.

Some I know are being worked on I just want to play them already.

Metro (I know this is being done but I'm hoping now that when it comes out on the PS5 it's beyond epic)

Dragon Age 4. I won't lie my hopes for this are not high if it really is gonna be Anthem with dragons.

On 23/05/2020 at 10:45 PM, Fearless0610 said:

Chrono Trigger 2. I know Chrono Cross exist but it's always felt like it's own thing rather than a true sequel or follow-up to my favorite game. I highly doubt it'll happen but hey we can dream, can't we? 1f609.png

there is Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes, if you have a SNES emulator

• Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 6:45 PM, Fearless0610 said:

Chrono Trigger 2. I know Chrono Cross exist but it's always felt like it's own thing rather than a true sequel or follow-up to my favorite game. I highly doubt it'll happen but hey we can dream, can't we? 1f609.png

Maybe try Radical Dreamers on the Super Famicom. It's a VN sequel to it.

Should have a fan translation available.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Maybe try Radical Dreamers on the Super Famicom. It's a VN sequel to it.

Should have a fan translation available.

I have actually but I don't think it's considered canon anymore because of Chrono Cross. Plus it tends to be viewed as an alternate universe 

12 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

there is Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes, if you have a SNES emulator

I've honestly never even heard of this until now but I'll look into it. Thanks. Is it any good?

I feel like I have been luckier than most with getting the sequels that I want, but here are a few that are still on the waiting list.

Vanquish 2 - The original is mechanically one of the best and most exciting third person shooters of all time. Would love to see Platinum get another crack at it with updated hardware.

Fallout: New Vegas 2 - The Outer Worlds is fine, but nothing compares to open world of the Mojave Desert. Now that Obsidian is owned by Microsoft, that kind of puts the final nail in this coffin. Not to mention that Bethesda has different ideas as to what Fallout should be nowadays.

inFamous 3 -

Spoiler

I still think it was such a big mistake to not bring Cole back as the main antagonist in inFamous: Second Son. The lightning strike at the end of inFamous 2 will probably forever remain a mystery.

Team Sonic Racing 2

Jak X: Combat Racing 2

ModNation Racers 2

Dragon Ball Z: Kararot 2

Alien Isolation 2

Mad Max 2

Styx 3

Gravity Rush 3

Dishonored "3"

Jak and Daxter 4

Dead Space 4

Crysis 4

Resistance 4

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 11:39 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

Final Fantasy X-3. Say whatever the hell you want. I want this. Bonus Audio flat out teased it and there's A LOT of interesting things they could do with it. Further connections to Final Fantasy 7 being the most obvious due to the connection at the end of X-2. Along those lines... I'd say they could do things like a 'Jenova Prototype,' Spira versions of the 'Weapons' (not the fiend versions from X & X-2), and even possibly a Red XIII ancestor. They can call it 'Red I' or just 'Red' for short I guess. It could maybe be a fiend that gains sentience or something that 'adapts' and/or 'mutates' to look similar to Red XIII from FF7.

I would love to see FFX-3. I know rumours have been floating around for years. I can't help thinking I may be left disappointed even if they did though as I prefer the old turn-based combat systems, modern FF feels more like an arcade game. I actually thought FF12 had a good compromise between turn-based and action systems, don't think many people liked it though. That and FF has had more misses than hits in recent years. 

9 hours ago, Fearless0610 said:

I've honestly never even heard of this until now but I'll look into it. Thanks. Is it any good?

Well... it depends on how you look at it.

if it was released officially, by square as a true sequel to Chronotrigger - one of the greatest rpgs of the era, and some (myself included) would argue, genuine contender for greatest game of all time - then it would be ridiculed for having all reused assets, and not moving the tech forward and being very derivative - of course it would, and rightly so.

if you go in looking at it that way, then no, it’s not a patch on the real Chonotrigger. 

However, if you go in knowing what it is (a fan made sequel using the original assets to make a new story) and approach it from that point of view, I think it’s remarkable - and lets not kid around, a very derivative sequel reusing assets and mechanics from one of the greatest games of all time, is still going to be better than a lot of wholly original, mediocre games.

• Like 2