Unable to play online coop

Flavio_115

So I've tried to play online coop with my friend in Borderlands. I've been unable to join his session nor was he able to join mine. I tried to play with him in Minecraft and it worked so I assume it should work. I've only succeeded once and I played with some random guy fresh off the bus. Since then, it has never worked. I tried with a bunch of randoms too but the result was the same, timeout goes to 7 then stops and a dialogue box notify me that I am unable to join. 
I've seen online some topics about port forwarding. This seems quite a bit complex and I wanna see first if there is another solution. Has someone already encoutered this problem in Borderlands? If so what have you done to make it work ? Thanks for the replies 

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

All you can do is make sure your NAT is type 2 and put your PS3 in your Router's DMZ so it's outside the firewall :(.

bro you cant understand how much I love you it worked at the first guy I tried to join. I can finally play ? 

if someone runs into this problem here's the guide I used : https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1718144

thanks again man