Anyone else heavily affected by the limited download speed?

Quink666

I know they slowed down the download speed i Europe cause of Covid but it has become so incredibly slow. Usually used to downloading at 15-18 MB/s but now i max out at 2-3 MB/s

After pausing/resuming download i can get 10ish MB/s for a few minutes but after that it drops down again.

I thought the download speed would be cut it in half but not 90% slower. This is also 24/7 and not only during prime time hours in the evening.

14 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

i've definitely noticed the difference. my internet already isn't exactly top tier so this is a bit annoying

Yeah it feels like they went a little to hard on it. I get it that they have to slow it down because of the overall load on the internet and to make sure all people have acceptable internet speed. But maybe let people download slightly faster during late nights and early mornings.

A game that usually takes me 3 hours to download now takes  almost a whole day. Now you kinda have to plan on what to play and leave the PS4 in rest mode during the night. AC3 which is 60ish GB took me almost 18 hours to download.

11 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I'm gonna assume you also tested your actual speed and not just with PSN...

Yeah on PC i get my max speed on steam and other downloads. Everything is connected to the same stuff. As mentioned above i can get 10ish MB/s after i pause and resume download on my PS4 but it always slows down to a crawl after a few minutes.

I also can start 3-4 other downloads and those all download at 2-3 MB/s getting me closer my usual speed if you combine all download speeds.

Edited by Quink666

1 minute ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I think they've slowed it down too much.

Hopefully this whole pandemic will be under "control" soon and everything can go back to normal or atleast that we only get throttled during internet prime time hours. Atleast now i know it's not only me. A friend of mine averages 8-9MB/s with his 100/100 internet for some reason i get throttled with my faster internet but he doesn't.