Do you want to See God of War IV on PS4?

re-installer

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
43 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Well we now have it and it's become very popular so I think the series has done alright in itself to adapt some.

I absolutely love the new direction of God of War and I’m looking forward to Ragnarok, but I’d still love to see a God of War IV in the same style as the old hack-n-slash titles. Unfortunately I’ve platinumed them all already. I need more hacky slashy in my life.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I absolutely love the new direction of God of War and I’m looking forward to Ragnarok, but I’d still love to see a God of War IV in the same style as the old hack-n-slash titles. Unfortunately I’ve platinumed them all already. I need more hacky slashy in my life.

Agreed, they did an amazing job with showing how much Kratos has grown as a character but when I got the game I was expecting a short and bloody romp that I could have blazed through in 5-8 hours not 40. GoW 2018 is an excellent game but I got GoW3 Remastered to truly scratch my itch for the ol' hack and slash days. 

Still, I can't wait for Ragnarok even though the square, square, triangle days have passed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Agreed, they did an amazing job with showing how much Kratos has grown as a character but when I got the game I was expecting a short and bloody romp that I could have blazed through in 5-8 hours not 40. GoW 2018 is an excellent game but I got GoW3 Remastered to truly scratch my itch for the ol' hack and slash days. 

Still, I can't wait for Ragnarok even though the square, square, triangle days have passed.

Agreed. God of War 2018 was amazing in many ways. Obviously the graphics and presentation were top notch and really showcased the upper limits of the PS4, and the combat was brutal, intense, and challenging. But the biggest surprise was how the game had a ton of emotional depth, and humanized Kratos in a way we had never seen before as he reflects on his bloody past and bonds with his son in a way that was very touching.

You just don’t expect that kind of quality character study in a series that is typically known for its shallow plots and non-stop action and gore, and despite being a massive risk for the developers to make such drastic changes to a beloved series, it was one that paid off in stunning fashion IMO.

Despite that though, it’s hard not to miss that old style hack-n-slash! There aren’t too many games in that style that can really scratch that itch in a satisfying way. God of War 3 was an awesome romp but ive already platinumed it twice. ? We really need another one!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Agreed. God of War 2018 was amazing in many ways. Obviously the graphics and presentation were top notch and really showcased the upper limits of the PS4, and the combat was brutal, intense, and challenging. But the biggest surprise was how the game had a ton of emotional depth, and humanized Kratos in a way we had never seen before as he reflects on his bloody past and bonds with his son in a way that was very touching.

You just don’t expect that kind of quality character study in a series that is typically known for its shallow plots and non-stop action and gore, and despite being a massive risk for the developers to make such drastic changes to a beloved series, it was one that paid off in stunning fashion IMO.

Despite that though, it’s hard not to miss that old style hack-n-slash! There aren’t too many games in that style that can really scratch that itch in a satisfying way. God of War 3 was an awesome romp but ive already platinumed it twice. 1f606.png We really need another one!

Maybe one day we will get a remaster of Heavenly Sword, aka Goddess of War as I called it, that has trophy support. 

Cory Barlog poured his heart and soul into the 2018 game and it shows. Kratos so badly wants to be a good influence on his son, to lead him down a different path you can't help be moved. And the moment he goes back to their home for the blades - probably one of favorite moments in gaming. I need to do a NG+ playthrough before Ragnarok.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Maybe one day we will get a remaster of Heavenly Sword, aka Goddess of War as I called it, that has trophy support. 

Cory Barlog poured his heart and soul into the 2018 game and it shows. Kratos so badly wants to be a good influence on his son, to lead him down a different path you can't help be moved. And the moment he goes back to their home for the blades - probably one of favorite moments in gaming. I need to do a NG+ playthrough before Ragnarok.

Heavenly Sword would be my #1 pick if they were to add trophy support to some of the old PS3 games that never got it. Another hack and slash that I never got a chance to play but looked amazing is Genji: Days of the Blade. That would be my #2 pick! I’ve still never played Bayonetta either so that’s one I’ve got to look forward to in the mean time. ?

I agree that whole section of the game was dope. I should really do an NG+ run too one of these days to refresh myself on the story and get ready for Ragnarok. I can’t wait! We got a lot of good games to look forward to in the next year!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I legit was just thinking of this game the other day.  I was like what the hell ever happened to that one game with the chick and the sword?  Then I was like...ahh...no Trophy Support.  Too bad though, the game looked incredible.  I might still purchase it for personal completion sake.

Honestly I think most people know Greek Mythology, and there are 1000 stories to be told, so it could have gone on forever, or there could have been different characters playing the lead role.  My issue with most GoW is that too much mythology not enough character development which I think they finally got right in the PS4 version.  A game can be a brutal hack and slash genre game yet also have compelling characters and a rich storyline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

I legit was just thinking of this game the other day.  I was like what the hell ever happened to that one game with the chick and the sword?  Then I was like...ahh...no Trophy Support.  Too bad though, the game looked incredible.  I might still purchase it for personal completion sake.

Honestly I think most people know Greek Mythology, and there are 1000 stories to be told, so it could have gone on forever, or there could have been different characters playing the lead role.  My issue with most GoW is that too much mythology not enough character development which I think they finally got right in the PS4 version.  A game can be a brutal hack and slash genre game yet also have compelling characters and a rich storyline.

Heavenly Sword was enjoyable but short, I am glad I rented it because I beat it the night I got it. If you can find it cheap go for it but don't break the bank for it.

I'm not big on Norse mythology but I liked that they changed venues so to speak. I'm curious to see what mythology they tackle next as long as the narrative stays compelling. 

On 9/2/2013 at 10:00 AM, re-installer said:

I enjoyed every God of War so much. I haven't played Ascension yet only because I have been waiting for the perfect timing I can focus on the game 100%.

That being said, I wonder if I want to see the fourth God of War on PS4. Kratos' revenge is accomplished already and Ascension depicts the beginning of his endeavour. Adding more to the story might only complicate the storyline. Don't get me wrong. I am dying to play new God of War, but isn't it best to terminate the series on terms of the story? What do you think?

boy do I have a game for you

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Personally, I dislike the new GoW style. It's so boring, so slow paced. I hate it

• Like 1

• 2 months later...