Mafia 3 Definitive Edition "Family & New Boss" Trophy Glitch Help

imTomOrlando

New to the forums here, 

I have legit done everything completely right. I saved all racket bosses, I did each side mission and yet, Those 2 trophies didnt pop up. Any suggestions as to what I did wrong? Are these trophies still glitched to this day? 

Is there any news for if the definitive edition reglitched these trophies? 

I heard 2 possible soloutions is playing offline, but anybody else who can help me would be much appreciated. thanks

Same here, started playing a few days ago. I flipped every racket boss and no "New Boss" trophy. I even reloaded a backup save and flipped the last racket boss again, no success. How can this still be bugged? I'm not even gonna continue with this mess, I'm done.

Edited by HAILtoSTARSCREAM

Hangar 13 butchered the initial launch of Mafia III, the launch of Mafia II Definitive Edition is marred by a plethora of technical issues (and the unachievable as-of-right-now Enforcer Trophy), and now Mafia III Definitive Edition is borked too? The fuck is in the water at that studio, I've not often seen a supposedly triple A developer be this technically inept.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Golem25 said:

Hangar 13 butchered the initial launch of Mafia III, the launch of Mafia II Definitive Edition is marred by a plethora of technical issues (and the unachievable as-of-right-now Enforcer Trophy), and now Mafia III Definitive Edition is borked too? The fuck is in the water at that studio, I've not often seen a supposedly triple A developer be this technically inept.

Wait a minute, Mafia 2 also has glitched trophies as well? Jesus Hangar 13 is the worst. 

1 hour ago, OnlyCass said:

I read it tracks across multiple playthroughs, apparently you dont need all 16 you just need 16 total so if it didnt pop just try play again until it does before your kill playthrough

The issue is, I also had the Family trophy glitch. Those Burke side missions are some of the worst I've played. I may just have to try it offline, see how it goes

2 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

That sucks. My first and only playthrough was "kill all" informants/bosses. 
Not sure if I will bother with another run if those trophies are bugged

Thats the funny thing. Kill Playthrough worked completely fine. Soon as you try the flip. Shit hit the fan. 

11 hours ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

Same here, started playing a few days ago. I flipped every racket boss and no "New Boss" trophy. I even reloaded a backup save and flipped the last racket boss again, no success. How can this still be bugged? I'm not even gonna continue with this mess, I'm done.

You know what pisses me off the most? I am at 96%... That is the biggest tease in my life right there. As the others suggested, Appearantly playing offline somehow allows this sh*tshow of a game to run properly

Just now, imTomOrlando said:

Wait a minute, Mafia 2 also has glitched trophies as well? Jesus Hangar 13 is the worst. 

"Enforcer" (kill fifty enemies) is glitched and has proven unachievable for everyone so far. People have restarted on all available difficulties, but no luck. That's in addition to all the glitches from the original that weren't fixed and a slew of new ones that the 'remaster' introduced. Oh, but the devs did take the time to put their own faces in the game via thirty new wanted posters (a.k.a. the thing everyone hated the most in the original). Nice.

Part of it is down to D3T, but Hangar 13 is still billed as co-developer and these issues are sadly typical of them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

I had the same issue on the original version at launch. I flipped everyone yet never got the trophy but the one for killing them all popped on my second play. Currently on play 3 trying to flip again...

3 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

"Enforcer" (kill fifty enemies) is glitched and has proven unachievable for everyone so far. People have restarted on all available difficulties, but no luck. That's in addition to all the glitches from the original that weren't fixed and a slew of new ones that the 'remaster' introduced. Oh, but the devs did take the time to put their own faces in the game via thirty new wanted posters (a.k.a. the thing everyone hated the most in the original). Nice.

Part of it is down to D3T, but Hangar 13 is still billed as co-developer and these issues are sadly typical of them.

30 More? fml. I cannot believe these people. What are the chances were gonna get a fix soon? Guarantee you probably 5 months.

1 minute ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I had the same issue on the original version at launch. I flipped everyone yet never got the trophy but the one for killing them all popped on my second play. Currently on play 3 trying to flip again...

How far are you in the game??

5 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

I just also realized, They can add more wanted posters, but not give us the cut content? lol , what a joke of a studio

The same happened to me. The New Boss and family didn't pop, neither did Baby, You Are a Rich Man or Hole in your pocket. I'm currently doing a second playthrough to see if it works but i got $500,000 already and the trophy doesn't pop. I'm gonna continue trying offline and see if it works that way. I have 4 bosses left to flip. 

Edit: well, it didn't work. I uninstalled the game and i'm gonna download it again, without the dlc, and play offline from the beginning. I tried playing offline but the game didn't let me load my save because it had dlc content and, apparently, it needed to validate them by connecting. I don't know if this is always like this, but it was annoying. 

Edited by Samael39
Update

21 hours ago, Samael39 said:

The same happened to me. The New Boss and family didn't pop, neither did Baby, You Are a Rich Man or Hole in your pocket. I'm currently doing a second playthrough to see if it works but i got $500,000 already and the trophy doesn't pop. I'm gonna continue trying offline and see if it works that way. I have 4 bosses left to flip. 

Edit: well, it didn't work. I uninstalled the game and i'm gonna download it again, without the dlc, and play offline from the beginning. I tried playing offline but the game didn't let me load my save because it had dlc content and, apparently, it needed to validate them by connecting. I don't know if this is always like this, but it was annoying. 

Wow, So if you download the DLC, You have to technically play Online. Keep me updated on your trophies,

I am currently about 50% through the game offline. This time, I am also doing all optional missions from Alana, Emmanuel & Nicki. I heard they potentially go towards loyalty as well. 

7 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I've gotten to the point where I have all 3 bosses(againx3).

Keep me updated on your progress

23 hours ago, Samael39 said:

you cant continue your game because your current gamesave has dlc content whereas you uninstalled everything and reinstalled only the based game,so what you gonna do is download all dlcs and then turn off your internet connection and it will read your save again and continue

I play the rest of game and dlc with offline after new boss trophy glitched on me

Hello, new to the forum.

I’ve recently started my second run of this game to flip all bosses. So far I’ve only flipped two.

Can someone confirm if disabling the online and continuing from this point will work OR do I have to literally start from the beginning again playing the whole game from start to finish offline??

The game allows me to open my save no problem offline, WITH dlc installed so I could technically continue from this point offline if it will still pop?

Any help is much appreciated!

Edited by Jimmy947

On 5/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, RoxasOnFire said:

I've gotten to the point where I have all 3 bosses(againx3).

Did everything offline. No New Boss Trophy

6 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

Hello, new to the forum.

I’ve recently started my second run of this game to flip all bosses. So far I’ve only flipped two.

Can someone confirm if disabling the online and continuing from this point will work OR do I have to literally start from the beginning again playing the whole game from start to finish offline??

The game allows me to open my save no problem offline, WITH dlc installed so I could technically continue from this point offline if it will still pop?

Any help is much appreciated!

did it offline, no trophy

On 5/24/2020 at 7:47 AM, zero3extreme said:

turn off internet connection while playing this game, better and smoother for the trophy stats

literally played the whole game offline. still no trophy

1 hour ago, imTomOrlando said:

Did everything offline. No New Boss Trophy

did it offline, no trophy

literally played the whole game offline. still no trophy

OH NO :(

You played it from start to finish offline too?? Don’t suppose it’s worth me continuing with my offline playthrough then.

I think I’ll wait until the next patch and see if this is fixed before I carry on. Unless there’s a way of going BACK a patch as this was reported as popping for people on 1.09!

Edited by Jimmy947

I'm after the campaign, I finished the Vito missions and now I'm trying Burke, but the map doesn't show new missions for him. all three bossess are alive. Did anyone have that? can these missions be done after the story? I did it with Vito.

I’m having the opposite issue, can’t get no loose ends to pop. Came back to the game for a Second playthrough, some of the previous trophies popped, did all the dlc trophies no problem too, killed everyone without wiretapping first yet loose ends didn’t pop. Started a new Game for a third time, rushed through this time wiretapping all and nothing’s popped again. Can’t be bothered with a 4th try when I can’t do anything differently to get this damn thing to work. Devs should be held more accountable for glitches trophies.

21 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

OH NO :(

You played it from start to finish offline too?? Don’t suppose it’s worth me continuing with my offline playthrough then.

I think I’ll wait until the next patch and see if this is fixed before I carry on. Unless there’s a way of going BACK a patch as this was reported as popping for people on 1.09!

played the entire one offline, start to finish. Not worth it at all. Id say, wait til the next patch unfortunately. I am waiting til the full trilogy is out as i assume a big patch will be releaed

10 hours ago, bluemoon1987 said:

I’m having the opposite issue, can’t get no loose ends to pop. Came back to the game for a Second playthrough, some of the previous trophies popped, did all the dlc trophies no problem too, killed everyone without wiretapping first yet loose ends didn’t pop. Started a new Game for a third time, rushed through this time wiretapping all and nothing’s popped again. Can’t be bothered with a 4th try when I can’t do anything differently to get this damn thing to work. Devs should be held more accountable for glitches trophies.

Its retarded honestly

So I posted the same thing over on PlayStationTrophies.org, but I'll paste it here:

I feel like going offline makes no difference. The problem I see is with the patches. Having a game with patch 1.06 or higher seems like the real culprit here.

I tried reverting to a previous patch by only installing the base disc version (1.00) and going offline on my Xbox so it wouldn't update with patches, but it caused my IRA Don't Ask mission to disappear completely, so the "Family" trophy was unobtainable for me during this playthrough anyway. My thread here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-missions.html

Playing through the game that has patch 1.05 or lower is the only option I see that could guarantee the trophy popping up. Otherwise you'd have to keep doing new playthroughs for even the chance for glitched trophies to pop up.

In order to install the 1.00 version, you'd need a physical disc, which means digital owners aren't able to do this unfortunately. The only options I see is to buy a physical disc for cheap, or wait for the devs to upload a new patch addressing these issues (if they ever do).

The same with me, I am not going to play anymore if they don't fix that. I have too the problem of side mission of Vito about steal a truck.

Hangar 13, SOLVE tTHE PROBLEMS OF YOUR FUCKING GAME, you can't make buggy a easy trophy, noooo.... you have to screw it up with the worst trophies. 

People wasting time for try to find ways to solve the problems and them only releasing updates that destroy all

Edited by tamusic6

On 25/05/2020 at 3:41 AM, Samael39 said:

Well, i did another playthrough from scratch (downloaded the game again and deleted profile save plus other saves) and played entirely offline. The previously glitched trophies popped (Family, Baby you're a rich man and Hole in your pocket), but the new boss didn't. I had read that they were cumulative, so i started a new game for the kill informants, just you and me and earn 10k kickback trophies. I flipped all 16 again and nothing.

As a last resort, i did another playthrough to test a bug in the journal. When you give the gambling racket to Vito, the journal states that you gave it to Burke and viceversa. Giving it to Cassandra logs it correctly. I tried that, because someone in a post here said it had done so and got the tropht, but nothing.

So i have flipped 80 bosses in total. I'm tired of playing the game back to back this entire week. It's specially frustrating because i check the latest achievers for the trophy and there's people getting it every day.