Mafia 3 Definitive Edition "Family & New Boss" Trophy Glitch Help

imTomOrlando

I can confirm that No Loose Ends also pops when you don't quit to main menu or quit the game. I just got the plat. I did a playthrough in one sitting, aproximately 7 hours because of the prologue. I got The New Boss yesterday, and today i started a new game with that profile save. For some reason, the game crashed during the prologue, so i deleted all the saves to create a new profile save and then i had no problems. The game seems to have some bugged stuff, even when you are playing in the same session. Some of the less problematic bugs are the zoomed mini map when you exit an area, some cars not appearing right away but seconds later and then there are the other annoying bugs, like the one where your contact doesn't let you progress after finishing the racket requirements, missions not spawning, etc. However, dying seems to fix them every time, i guess loading checkpoint would have the same effect.

I did 8 playthroughs of this game. If you don't have the patience to do it in one sitting, just don't do it. Save yourself the stress. I'm really patient and stubborn, so that "helped". If you are not that determined, wait for a patch and play other things. I just couldn't hop into another game seeing that i was so close to the plat. At least now you all know there is a way to get the trophies. Thanks to everyone who posted here and gave suggestions or just talked about their frustration with the game. I really hope the developers fix the mess they created with this patch.

• Like 2

If I ever do have the patience to flip/kill all the bosses in 1 playthrough, I wonder if I can:

1. Delete all save files including my profile save
  2. Reload a save file that skips the prologue and start before the first boss
  3. Flip or kill for the next 8~10 hours straight 

?

3 hours ago, MonyaMeowMeow said:

If I ever do have the patience to flip/kill all the bosses in 1 playthrough, I wonder if I can:

1. Delete all save files including my profile save
  2. Reload a save file that skips the prologue and start before the first boss
  3. Flip or kill for the next 8~10 hours straight 

1f914.png

I think it would be good to have 2 sets of saves (one before killing Merle and another before flipping Charlie Kincaid). That way, you delete your saves on the PS4, copy the one before Merle for the kills playthrough. Complete it. Delete all saves again, copy the one before Charlie and continue from there (and save a few minutes from the Prostitution racket).

That's the way i did the flipping playthrough. I had done a backup just after the first wiretap, just in case a patch was released and asked for a new playthrough (or if i wanted to attempt something new). I copied it to the PS4 and started from there, the trophy popped. However, i didn't have one before Merle, so i had to do it from the beginning.

to make the trophy "the new boss" I recommend it on the first move, as soon as you are free on the map, go after all the wiretaps and after everything is tapped, back up the save as a precaution.  

As for the "family" trophy, just finish the game, good without doing any optional missions or without completing mission four, from mission four onwards for all bosses must be done at once.  

I still don't know if going to the menu works, this week I won't be able to play.

On 03/06/2020 at 1:08 AM, Samael39 said:

I can confirm that No Loose Ends also pops when you don't quit to main menu or quit the game. I just got the plat. I did a playthrough in one sitting, aproximately 7 hours because of the prologue. I got The New Boss yesterday, and today i started a new game with that profile save. For some reason, the game crashed during the prologue, so i deleted all the saves to create a new profile save and then i had no problems. The game seems to have some bugged stuff, even when you are playing in the same session. Some of the less problematic bugs are the zoomed mini map when you exit an area, some cars not appearing right away but seconds later and then there are the other annoying bugs, like the one where your contact doesn't let you progress after finishing the racket requirements, missions not spawning, etc. However, dying seems to fix them every time, i guess loading checkpoint would have the same effect.

I did 8 playthroughs of this game. If you don't have the patience to do it in one sitting, just don't do it. Save yourself the stress. I'm really patient and stubborn, so that "helped". If you are not that determined, wait for a patch and play other things. I just couldn't hop into another game seeing that i was so close to the plat. At least now you all know there is a way to get the trophies. Thanks to everyone who posted here and gave suggestions or just talked about their frustration with the game. I really hope the developers fix the mess they created with this patch.

Is resume play fine though?

I started doing a mafia 3 playthrough in one sitting. I had 6 districts done and after I started to work for seventh district the game crashed. Now I'm scared that it fucked the new boss trophy. I was so far already in the game.

Can someone tell if this has happened to you and has it fucked the trophy. 

I'm really starting to lose my mind trying to run this game over and over. Maybe I should just leave the game and wait for the patch. I'm still going to flip all possible racket bosses and see if I get the trophy. I'll update this post later and let you know if I got the trophy.

P.S sorry if my English is bad. I don't speak English as my native language.

Update: I was super lazy and too frustrated to update this pist earlier sorry for that. I finished that playthrough and I didn't get the trophy. Now that they have released new patches to mafia 2 and 3 I'm going to try again to get the new boss and no loose ends. I believe they fixed It. Hopefully I get those trophies eventually.

Edited by kipe0607
Update

3 hours ago, kipe0607 said:

I started doing a mafia 3 playthrough in one sitting. I had 6 districts done and after I started to work for seventh district the game crashed. Now I'm scared that it fucked the new boss trophy. I was so far already in the game.

Can someone tell if this has happened to you and has it fucked the trophy. 

I'm really starting to lose my mind trying to run this game over and over. Maybe I should just leave the game and wait for the patch. I'm still going to flip all possible racket bosses and see if I get the trophy. I'll update this post later and let you know if I got the trophy.

P.S sorry if my English is bad. I don't speak English as my native language.

I had 16/18 done on the kill run and it crashed and I didn't get it 

On 6/6/2020 at 7:04 PM, JesteR1701one said:

Not quitting the game might fix it but I just finished my second playthrough and on both playthroughs I got a BSOD..... I have low hopes for a trophy patch since it looks like this issue isnt new and they did not fix it before.

Technically, they fixed it before.  They broke it again with the latest patch.  I bet it gets fixed again, who knows when as the first time took awhile too 

• 2 months later...
On 2020-06-01 at 1:04 PM, Ghost said:

I'm going to put the game down until there's a patch. I think the issue could be the update that was released (1.10)

The developers are aware as of May 28th:

9go8t8t.jpg

All these clowns patched was the PS4 Pro/X1X graphic fix.  2K keeps saying they are aware of this issue and working on a patch.  They should just downgrade the update to 1.09 and let all the dlc be free in the stores. 

On 2020-05-27 at 3:22 AM, Jimmy947 said:

OH NO :(

You played it from start to finish offline too?? Don’t suppose it’s worth me continuing with my offline playthrough then.

I think I’ll wait until the next patch and see if this is fixed before I carry on. Unless there’s a way of going BACK a patch as this was reported as popping for people on 1.09!

I found a method to download old patch. I’m gonna try it tonight as 1.09, 1.10 & 1.12 are available. Since 1.09 works I just wonder if the game crashes you can still obtain the trophies or it was only 1.10+ and 1.06 patches that broke them. 

12 hours ago, leprekon666 said:

I found a method to download old patch. I’m gonna try it tonight as 1.09, 1.10 & 1.12 are available. Since 1.09 works I just wonder if the game crashes you can still obtain the trophies or it was only 1.10+ and 1.06 patches that broke them. 

How do you download patch 1.09 if you don't mind me asking?

Hello everyone,

First of all i would like to say for The New Boss is just same like No Loose Ends. It can be obtainable in pacth 1.12 Definitive Edition. Here is how i set up my run for this specific trophy.

1. Delete the game and all of its dlc

2. Redownload the game without any dlc

3. Delete all save file in system storage. If you want you can delete in your ps+ too.

4. Play the game offline in 1 session.

5 . During this " 1 session" you can take a break and leave the ps4 into rest mode. I did this run in 2 days, means that i put that on rest mode few times.

6. All bosess need to be flip.

7. As for the scripted to be killed for souther union you can skip that.

On 21.08.2020 at 5:28 AM, leprekon666 said:

this explains how to do it.  I had trouble getting it to work but had to fix something in the link. 

Have you found a link to the 1.09 version? Could you post it here because it is difficult to find it? It would be great because it is guaranteed method to get those trophies