I enjoyed playing this game, but...

I have just completed this game and I had a good entertaining time.

Having said that, I think this is the most mediocre game I have played and there is nothing. Action, story, system, graphic... all good, but nothing new.

If a friend if mine asks me if they should play this game, I would be speechless. I wouldn't know how to rate this game. What do you guys think? Can you name another game like Enslaved?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curently playing this game and I appreciate it.

Cool story, it's like playing a long cinematic, you're really "in".

OK, it's an average action/platform game, but I don't know why I really like it.

I have fun playing this game, and it's really unusual for me with actual games.

Just some problems with camera, but it's ok instead.

Yea it is mediocre, the story was nice in the beginning but it kinda falls apart in the end. Still need to play the dlc after I´m done with gta 5 

The DLC is a bit like puzzle rather than action. Once you find which skill you use and which way you maneuver,  the level is over. It will take only a couple of hours to complete.

• 1 month later...

I would describe it as having mediocre gameplay with a good story.  I actually thought the animations of the character's faces were very emotive and well-done.  I think they did an excellent job bringing the characters to life because of that. 

It's not the best game, but it's alright.  It's certainly not BAD, it just doesn't live up to the blockbusters titles that can be bought for a similar price now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Enslaved.  The graphics looked amazing, gameplay was quite solid all around, and Monkey and Trip just played off each other well.  I was more than happy to play through the game twice.  Collecting the 1600+ was a bit of a pain, but it never felt like a chore.  The DLC was also enjoyable, and offered something different from the core game.  Unfortunately the story did feel kind of rushed towards the end, and it just basically ended without fully explaining everything - it would be great if a sequel could continue the story, but that's obviously not going to happen.  Shame - I'd buy it on day one if it ever happened.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Enslaved.  The graphics looked amazing, gameplay was quite solid all around, and Monkey and Trip just played off each other well.  I was more than happy to play through the game twice.  Collecting the 1600+ was a bit of a pain, but it never felt like a chore.  The DLC was also enjoyable, and offered something different from the core game.  Unfortunately the story did feel kind of rushed towards the end, and it just basically ended without fully explaining everything - it would be great if a sequel could continue the story, but that's obviously not going to happen.  Shame - I'd buy it on day one if it ever happened.

Yeah I agree, the ending left a lot to be desired. I was seriously expecting a better ending than what they gave us.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just completed this game and I had a good entertaining time.

Having said that, I think this is the most mediocre game I have played and there is nothing. Action, story, system, graphic... all good, but nothing new.

If a friend if mine asks me if they should play this game, I would be speechless. I wouldn't know how to rate this game. What do you guys think? Can you name another game like Enslaved?

Yea I can easily name one quite similar to Enslaved, DmC. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am halfway through it and I am enjoying it. I decided to take a break from it and try their other games, Heavenly Sword and DmC, also good. So, I will beat them all now :)

Does anyone know if the DLC to this game is any good? I bought the premium edition or whatever its called for $5 on sale recently, was worth it. I had originally bought enslaved new from newegg when I got my ps3, but never even opened it (was $9.99) before someone stole it. 

Wish Heavenly Sword had trophies :)

Does anyone know if the DLC to this game is any good? I bought the premium edition or whatever its called for $5 on sale recently, was worth it. I had originally bought enslaved new from newegg when I got my ps3, but never even opened it (was $9.99) before someone stole it. 

I bought and played through the DLC a few years ago during a trophy competition whose scoring was based on this website's measure of trophy rarity (at a time when most DLCs had low completion percentages because everyone was considered and not just those who bought the DLC).

The DLC plays very differently from the main game because you're playing as Piggy.  The main game (Monkey) allows you to do a fair amount of hack-n-slash and simply to charge through everything.... Piggy is far more dependent on sneaking around and using "traps" and a little bit of sniping.  It doesn't even really feel like the same game at all other than the atmosphere and the like.

If you're into that sort of thing, or if you don't mind more strategery to your gameplay instead of "charge the front gates in broad daylight", you'll probably enjoy this.  I'm not really in either category, but I don't feel like it was money poorly spent.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I bought this a couple months ago on a huge discount as I'ma big fan of the whole Journey Into The West thing, and I gotta say I'm really disappointed in the story...no Sandy for one thing! Seriously though, they tried hard to hit the emotional notes (but failed) and they tried to make us care about the characters but all I could think about while playing was "Oh wow, that's Andy Serkis!" or "YAY Daddy Pig!"

Other than that, I thought it was a solidly-written game, I certainly don't actually regret playing it (just a little disappointed with it) and the graphics were great. I'd certainly recommend it well enough, I guess I just couldn't help thinking of The Last Of Us with the environments and Gollum & Peppa Pig with the characters...maybe I just (unfairly) expected something closer to Monkey Magic...

• 5 weeks later...

yep, i really liked it... graphically it was good, gameplay was good, story was sort of good, levels were good but there was just somethin not right with it... ninja theory's heavenly sword/dmc reboot both have the exact same overall feel about them too

all ninja theory games always look like they have the potential to be great but for some reason end up slightly dissapointin... dont know why, they're a great dev team...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 4 months later...

This game is great. I like the cutscenes and the story was good as well. I like the gameplay but the camera was bit annoying. The action gameplay was fun even if it was average style fighting, I enjoyed it a lot lol! Good game along with heavenly sword and DMC.

• 2 weeks later...

agree! it's mediocre at best, ninja theory thought they were doing good after they dominate with heavenly sword but after heavenly sword they just kept going down the drain.

games that looked like this is..

Heavenly Sword ( though, i think this only beat HS in the combat controls. other than that HS is way much better to me at every thing else )

Remember Me ( not made by ninja theory, plus, Enslaved is still way much better game than remember me but both games sound like a brother and sister to each other, slightly identical )

and finally what most people considered a horrible reboot.... DMC.

• Like 1