For this community, isn't it a good thing that you have to grind for trophies?

Fangsterr

47 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

PSN rarity is the only figure that truly means anything as it shows the percentage of game owners that have that trophy. You can make the stats say whatever you want if you segment the player pool. You could make a rata plat ultra rare if you compare yourself against 100 other people who haven’t earned it but have started the game. There could be thousands of other people who share your rarest plat but you wouldn’t know unless they happen to be tracked by psnp. Like you said most people are casual gamers but a rarity is only accurate if all players are included, casual or otherwise.

Couple of problems here though... 

• PSN rarity doesn't go below 0.1%, which for many games is just too high (example: Badland)
  • PSN rarity includes cheaters (example: Crypt of the NecroDancer, PSN-rarity 1.6%, PSNP-rarity 0.05%)

Both worlds are flawed in some way or another. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warlord99956 said:

Yes it makes more sense to take a fraction of the PlayStation community and work our rarities out against them right?

PSN rarity is the only figure that truly means anything as it shows the percentage of game owners that have that trophy. You can make the stats say whatever you want if you segment the player pool. You could make a rata plat ultra rare if you compare yourself against 100 other people who haven’t earned it but have started the game. There could be thousands of other people who share your rarest plat but you wouldn’t know unless they happen to be tracked by psnp. Like you said most people are casual gamers but a rarity is only accurate if all players are included, casual or otherwise.

Problem with psn rarity is that it counts all cheaters. So not all that trustworthy

• Like 1

Grinding out like SR3 Remastered is annoying, i'll list them down here

• Grinding out 762k is an ass.
  • 30 hours is ok but annoying.
  • All Challenges are slow, some are fast, some are slow.
  • Money every 1 hour depends on the rate.

Other games I don't actually mind though. Take your time, enjoyable and fun at it.

51 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Problem with psn rarity is that it counts all cheaters. So not all that trustworthy

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Couple of problems here though... 

• PSN rarity doesn't go below 0.1%, which for many games is just too high (example: Badland)
  • PSN rarity includes cheaters (example: Crypt of the NecroDancer, PSN-rarity 1.6%, PSNP-rarity 0.05%)

Both worlds are flawed in some way or another. 

Agreed. I’m just highlighting that the the rarity stats on here are wildly inaccurate which brings me back to my original point of not understanding why people are that bothered about it. I still think PSN is more accurate though. The % of the player base that are cheaters is nothing in comparison to the % of the player base excluded from the stats on here. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

PSN rarity is the only figure that truly means anything as it shows the percentage of game owners that have that trophy. You can make the stats say whatever you want if you segment the player pool.

You do also realize that PSN rarity is segmented too, right?  It doesn't include all owners, it includes all owners who have actually started up the game and have it on their profile still.  Rarities would be much lower if they actually included everyone who has purchased a game or downloaded it via PS+ if it was offered there.  Steam is the only platform that truly shows all owners of a game.

3 hours ago, UltraFire121 said:

Grinding out like SR3 Remastered is annoying, i'll list them down here

• Grinding out 762k is an ass.
  • 30 hours is ok but annoying.
  • All Challenges are slow, some are fast, some are slow.
  • Money every 1 hour depends on the rate.

Other games I don't actually mind though. Take your time, enjoyable and fun at it.

I don't mind doing everything in SR3. It is such a fun game, so to me it does not seem like a grind. 

I will stick to my earlier statement in a pointless grind is Wolfenstein Youngblood. Leveling up all weapons long after you have completed the game is pointless. It just pads the time you play the game. A grind that helps with the game while still playing I don't mind.

34 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

You do also realize that PSN rarity is segmented too, right?  It doesn't include all owners, it includes all owners who have actually started up the game and have it on their profile still.  Rarities would be much lower if they actually included everyone who has purchased a game or downloaded it via PS+ if it was offered there.  Steam is the only platform that truly shows all owners of a game.

Yes I know that but why would a percentage include people who haven’t started the game? To me that doesn’t make sense

1 hour ago, Warlord99956 said:

Yes I know that but why would a percentage include people who haven’t started the game? To me that doesn’t make sense

Simple, because they still own it and haven't earned any trophies when they have trophies they could earn in the game.

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Simple, because they still own it and haven't earned any trophies when they have trophies they could earn in the game.

I've started up 20 - 30 games on my profile that I later decided to delete off of there. The number of game owners who actually started up the game is far lower than those who bought and own a game.

Most of everything on Steam has game owners who never even touched the goddamn games. Or at least play at least 5 - 10 minutes on a tutorial of some kind in a game that didn't give them any Steam achievements, which has far fewer people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I've started up 20 - 30 games on my profile that I later decided to delete off of there. The number of game owners who actually started up the game is far lower than those who bought and own a game.

Most of everything on Steam has game owners who never even touched the goddamn games. Or at least play at least 5 - 10 minutes on a tutorial of some kind in a game that didn't give them any Steam achievements, which has far fewer people.

That or idled for cards and that's it.  It's actually what led to the start of trophies/achievements for starting a game.  However, my response was to someone who felt that PSN rarity was more reflective of actual rarity since it includes all owners of a game and isn't segmented like PSNP rarity is even if PSN rarity includes cheaters.  I was pointing out that PSN rarity doesn't include all owners, it only includes all owners who have started the game up and either earned a trophy or didn't remove the 0%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

That or idled for cards and that's it.  It's actually what led to the start of trophies/achievements for starting a game.  However, my response was to someone who felt that PSN rarity was more reflective of actual rarity since it includes all owners of a game and isn't segmented like PSNP rarity is even if PSN rarity includes cheaters.  I was pointing out that PSN rarity doesn't include all owners, it only includes all owners who have started the game up and either earned a trophy or didn't remove the 0%.

That's true. I just don't see the value in it because it counts cheaters, including those on Super Meat Boy and Crypt of the Necrodancer.