Saves on PS Plus cloud not showing images?

Just noticed today that when I check my PS Plus cloud saves after uploading a save, I can no longer see the images for them in the cloud storage, it simply just shows the controller icon with a spinning circle around it indefinitely. I still seem to be able to upload and download saves as normal, but it is annoying not being able to quickly identify saves based on their image, as I have to hover over each one currently to see what the save is for. No idea how long this issue has been going on for but I'm almost 100% sure it was fine just a week ago when I last checked.

Not sure if it's just me, but it's happening for me on two different PS3s with two different accounts. Tried the usual as well such as turning the systems on and off again and all that. Everything else online-wise still seems fine, at least what I checked (e.g. PSN store, trophy sync, profiles).

Anyone else having this issue?

• Like 1

I can't even access my online storage anymore (via Settings > Application Data Management > Saved data in Online Storage), the four button symbols are just roating, so it's loading indefinitely. I can however press the options button on a game and upload/download data this way, so it's not lost. Weird nonetheless.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that this is in PS3 forum. I only have a PS4.

Edited by Infernopommes

i didn't even know you could access your cloud to see your saves? how do you do that?

i manually upload my saves rather than letting them upload on their own, for the game i'm playing now when i upload it from the game after closing the app. it shows the regular save image but the one in the cloud has what you describe. likely a server issue, which there has been PSN issues since Covid started. 

like for awhile when pressing down on a game app to see the information such as other friends who played and what not it would be stuck on an infinite load that i couldn't get out of without pressing the PS button. that seems ok now but that was an issue for a few weeks, also heard people couldn't access communities. 

44 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

i didn't even know you could access your cloud to see your saves? how do you do that?

i manually upload my saves rather than letting them upload on their own, for the game i'm playing now when i upload it from the game after closing the app. it shows the regular save image but the one in the cloud has what you describe. likely a server issue, which there has been PSN issues since Covid started. 

like for awhile when pressing down on a game app to see the information such as other friends who played and what not it would be stuck on an infinite load that i couldn't get out of without pressing the PS button. that seems ok now but that was an issue for a few weeks, also heard people couldn't access communities. 

On PS3, go to your save games folder and the PS Plus folder should be at the top of the list. You simply click on that to see all the saves you currently have uploaded to your cloud storage.

On PS4, you have to go your settings, click "Application Data Management" then "Saved data in Online Storage", then click either delete or download (you don't actually have to do either, it's just how I view my saves anyway. I'm sure there might be a simpler way to view your all your PS Plus saves but I'm unaware of one). It might take quite a long time to load depending on how many saves you have, I have about 18gb of saves currently and it takes a good 2-3 minutes to load, even long before the COVID19 pandemic.

I've had the issue with info for games never loading as well. I've had a few other minor issues as well, such as downloads sometimes simply stopping completely, and seemingly refusing to download further until you pause and unpause it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

On PS3, go to your save games folder and the PS Plus folder should be at the top of the list. You simply click on that to see all the saves you currently have uploaded to your cloud storage.

On PS4, you have to go your settings, click "Application Data Management" then "Saved data in Online Storage", then click either delete or download (you don't actually have to do either, it's just how I view my saves anyway. I'm sure there might be a simpler way to view your all your PS Plus saves but I'm unaware of one). It might take quite a long time to load depending on how many saves you have, I have about 18gb of saves currently and it takes a good 2-3 minutes to load, even long before the COVID19 pandemic.

I've had the issue with info for games never loading as well. I've had a few other minor issues as well, such as downloads sometimes simply stopping completely, and seemingly refusing to download further until you pause and unpause it.

thanks.

also i say try not to worry too much, i know i was getting paranoid with the info. thing as i do with most things, i get stressed and worked up very easily personally. 

• Like 1

The other way to check your Cloud saves, is to select an installed game then press the Options button and go to the Save File Upload or Download options. Whilst you have either the upload or download menu open, your save(s) for that game will be visible but due to this glitch, the icon(s) will be blank in the Cloud side of the menu.

16 hours ago, RJP_X said:

thanks.

also i say try not to worry too much, i know i was getting paranoid with the info. thing as i do with most things, i get stressed and worked up very easily personally. 

I'm the same way. If anything even remotely strange/"bad" happens with one of my consoles (e.g. crashing, games having weird issues that they didn't before, other weird issues like icons not loading, etc., it's not unusual for me to worry about it for the rest of the day/next few days, even if it seems fine after the fact. Probably due to my anxious personality in general.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I'm the same way. If anything even remotely strange/"bad" happens with one of my consoles (e.g. crashing, games having weird issues that they didn't before, other weird issues like icons not loading, etc., it's not unusual for me to worry about it for the rest of the day/next few days, even if it seems fine after the fact. Probably due to my anxious personality in general.

that is exactly how i am, december of last year i thought and was also told by others that my HDD was likely failing due to one game making ticking sounds during loading screens. so even now whenever it makes any kind of sounds like its usual clicks, snaps, and pops i get panicked and my mind starts racing with the worst possible thoughts non-stop.

nothings happened besides a crash a couple of months ago where when i came off rest mode and entered the dashboard then turned it off it crashed with the power light constantly blinking so i had to unplug it. that's why i have auto-upload off and upload manually now because maybe when i came off rest mode then immediately turned it off perhaps it crashed for that reason. took me awhile to get over that one, i have asperger's so anxiety, OCD, and over working thoughts are natural for me. 

another thing that's been on my mind and concerning me about this summer is that we live in a house where having a microwave and vacuum going at once blows the fuse. already had it happen a little over a week ago during a ps4 session so of course i was panicked for days. but what's got me concerned is that others will have their AC's going so if someone turns on the microwave or uses the vacuum when an AC is running there's going to be frequent outages, happens every summer.

keep on hoping sony has a huge vita sale soon so i can use my ps4 less to avoid the inevitable from the above paragraph, but game sales for it are getting less and less. glad to know i'm not the only one who gets over worked up easily. xD 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

that is exactly how i am, december of last year i thought and was also told by others that my HDD was likely failing due to one game making ticking sounds during loading screens. so even now whenever it makes any kind of sounds like its usual clicks, snaps, and pops i get panicked and my mind starts racing with the worst possible thoughts non-stop.

nothings happened besides a crash a couple of months ago where when i came off rest mode and entered the dashboard then turned it off it crashed with the power light constantly blinking so i had to unplug it. that's why i have auto-upload off and upload manually now because maybe when i came off rest mode then immediately turned it off perhaps it crashed for that reason. took me awhile to get over that one, i have asperger's so anxiety, OCD, and over working thoughts are natural for me. 

another thing that's been on my mind and concerning me about this summer is that we live in a house where having a microwave and vacuum going at once blows the fuse. already had it happen a little over a week ago during a ps4 session so of course i was panicked for days. but what's got me concerned is that others will have their AC's going so if someone turns on the microwave or uses the vacuum when an AC is running there's going to be frequent outages, happens every summer.

keep on hoping sony has a huge vita sale soon so i can use my ps4 less to avoid the inevitable from the above paragraph, but game sales for it are getting less and less. glad to know i'm not the only one who gets over worked up easily. xD 

I've noticed my PS4 making clicking noises during some games as well, I noticed it all the time when playing Mass Effect Andromeda few months back, but I'm pretty sure it's just the fan, usually when it sounds like it's set just below the point where it sounds like a jet engine. I've also heard it occasionally just make random clicks like the plastic is heating up/expanding when it's been on for a while, and when it's recently been turned off. My PS3s are lot more clicky though. I've also had an external HDD that is pretty noisy/clicky compared to what I'm used to, been told multiple times it's dying, but it's still working fine and there hasn't been signs of it dying.

I've had my PS4 since launch and I've lost count of how many weird issues I've had with it, I've thought it was on the verge of death on numerous occasions. I've had it randomly hard crash and reboot itself when just quitting games before or just browsing the PSN store, I've had it turn itself off when putting it into rest mode before (and telling me it didn't shut down correctly when turning it back on afterwards), I've had it refuse to turn off on one or two occasions, and the worst of all is when it would randomly keep closing games on me seconds after starting them due a trophy corruption error (NP-32091-5), I had to delete my profile from the system completely and re-download all my saves in order to fix that. It's still working fine though. I've actually had very few consoles ever die on me, and most that do seem to have factory defects to begin with because they'll usually fail in the first 12 months (had my first Xbox 360 die on me in 2 weeks, and a PS3 super slim model die on me within 5 months. At least they were still under warranty). I have plenty of consoles that are 10-20+ years old that are still working fine, if it's any consolation.

Whenever I have power outages, it's usually during the summer as well. Actually had quite a lot last year, way more than normal (haven't had any this year so far), and I was in the middle of playing something on my PS4 when one occurred, and it was in rest mode when another happened. Think it's actually the first time I've ever had blackouts while my PS4 has been on or in rest. It's always scary knowing the power could go out while it's saving or updating.

Anyhow, I'm still getting the issue with the images not displaying for saves in the cloud currently. It's more annoying on PS3 where it doesn't list what the saves are at all unless you hover over them. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I've noticed my PS4 making clicking noises during some games as well, I noticed it all the time when playing Mass Effect Andromeda few months back, but I'm pretty sure it's just the fan, usually when it sounds like it's set just below the point where it sounds like a jet engine. I've also heard it occasionally just make random clicks like the plastic is heating up/expanding when it's been on for a while, and when it's recently been turned off. My PS3s are lot more clicky though. I've also had an external HDD that is pretty noisy/clicky compared to what I'm used to, been told multiple times it's dying, but it's still working fine and there hasn't been signs of it dying.

I've had my PS4 since launch and I've lost count of how many weird issues I've had with it, I've thought it was on the verge of death on numerous occasions. I've had it randomly hard crash and reboot itself when just quitting games before or just browsing the PSN store, I've had it turn itself off when putting it into rest mode before (and telling me it didn't shut down correctly when turning it back on afterwards), I've had it refuse to turn off on one or two occasions, and the worst of all is when it would randomly keep closing games on me seconds after starting them due a trophy corruption error (NP-32091-5), I had to delete my profile from the system completely and re-download all my saves in order to fix that. It's still working fine though. I've actually had very few consoles ever die on me, and most that do seem to have factory defects to begin with because they'll usually fail in the first 12 months (had my first Xbox 360 die on me in 2 weeks, and a PS3 super slim model die on me within 5 months. At least they were still under warranty). I have plenty of consoles that are 10-20+ years old that are still working fine, if it's any consolation.

Whenever I have power outages, it's usually during the summer as well. Actually had quite a lot last year, way more than normal (haven't had any this year so far), and I was in the middle of playing something on my PS4 when one occurred, and it was in rest mode when another happened. Think it's actually the first time I've ever had blackouts while my PS4 has been on or in rest. It's always scary knowing the power could go out while it's saving or updating.

Anyhow, I'm still getting the issue with the images not displaying for saves in the cloud currently. It's more annoying on PS3 where it doesn't list what the saves are at all unless you hover over them. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

wow, sounds like yours has been through hell and back. i think part of the console fear started during the ps3 generation into ps4 due to a lot i've read over the years with people having issues with fans, HDD's, disc drives, ect. that its made me extra paranoid about them that i feel like they're as fragile as glass, but reading something like this gives me some temporary hope before i start worrying all again lol.

i've had my slim for 2 and a half years by the end of june, just like the ps3 its had countless power outages, summers can be near daily. i have heard about UPS's that keep your system running for a short while during an outage, but in some of the reviews i read about them catching fire, and really unsure if they're good in an old apartment like this. price isn't really the cheapest for those either.

before the pandemic, the thing that sort of gave me comfort was on amazon ps4's were going for $250 for awhile, in case of the system failing, there was a little ray of hope there. now the prices sky-rocketed and most store outlets don't even have any in stock. 

i have heard numerous times that the slim is a quiet system, not sure if people mean in comparison to the OG, but mine i believe has been noisy since i've had it lol. i notice one thing that makes me not hear the fan as much is if i aim a fan at it, which i always do once i turn it on because the thing gets hot quick and gets noisier. still going to hear all the other mentioned sounds, which i know a lot of it is the plastic but sometimes get a little more worried if any of the sounds sound different from what i usually hear lol.

another thing i'm absolutely afraid to do and not even sure if its necessary is cleaning out the system, i've heard of people still having working systems and never cleaned it out once. sometimes i damp a towel and drain the water out and wipe around the vents. sometimes vacuum the vents.(although mine is one of the smaller ones and has very poor suction.) earlier this year i took the top lid off very nervously and sprayed dust remover on the fan, it had a thin layer that wouldn't come off so i gave up and was like not doing anymore than that.

i never had these worries with older consoles but everything i've read over the past couple of gens has had me worked up lol. as a kid most of my OCD was with the discs which i have less of a concern of these days due to buying mostly digital.

i have also had that playstation store crash you mentioned, that happened pretty early on actually where the light kept blinking so i had to unplug it was worried shitless. 

28 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

wow, sounds like yours has been through hell and back. i think part of the console fear started during the ps3 generation into ps4 due to a lot i've read over the years with people having issues with fans, HDD's, disc drives, ect. that its made me extra paranoid about them that i feel like they're as fragile as glass, but reading something like this gives me some temporary hope before i start worrying all again lol.

i've had my slim for 2 and a half years by the end of june, just like the ps3 its had countless power outages, summers can be near daily. i have heard about UPS's that keep your system running for a short while during an outage, but in some of the reviews i read about them catching fire, and really unsure if they're good in an old apartment like this. price isn't really the cheapest for those either.

before the pandemic, the thing that sort of gave me comfort was on amazon ps4's were going for $250 for awhile, in case of the system failing, there was a little ray of hope there. now the prices sky-rocketed and most store outlets don't even have any in stock. 

i have heard numerous times that the slim is a quiet system, not sure if people mean in comparison to the OG, but mine i believe has been noisy since i've had it lol. i notice one thing that makes me not hear the fan as much is if i aim a fan at it, which i always do once i turn it on because the thing gets hot quick and gets noisier. still going to hear all the other mentioned sounds, which i know a lot of it is the plastic but sometimes get a little more worried if any of the sounds sound different from what i usually hear lol.

another thing i'm absolutely afraid to do and not even sure if its necessary is cleaning out the system, i've heard of people still having working systems and never cleaned it out once. sometimes i damp a towel and drain the water out and wipe around the vents. sometimes vacuum the vents.(although mine is one of the smaller ones and has very poor suction.) earlier this year i took the top lid off very nervously and sprayed dust remover on the fan, it had a thin layer that wouldn't come off so i gave up and was like not doing anymore than that.

i never had these worries with older consoles but everything i've read over the past couple of gens has had me worked up lol. as a kid most of my OCD was with the discs which i have less of a concern of these days due to buying mostly digital.

i have also had that playstation store crash you mentioned, that happened pretty early on actually where the light kept blinking so i had to unplug it was worried shitless. 

I've never had a HDD die on me personally, been using some for 10+ years without issue. I know others aren't quite as lucky though, but I definitely don't think HDDs are that fragile. If anything, I've found them more reliable than some USB sticks and SD cards which have failed on me over the years (or just been extremely slow).

Yeah, a lot of consoles have gotten expensive and hard to come by during this pandemic, even the Xbox. I have noticed a lot of consoles went back to normal prices and stock being more readily available a week or two ago, but I have no idea if that's still the case.

The only console I've ever opened up to clean out was my original fat PS3, as it started overheating and turning itself off during some games. I haven't bothered with any other console though as I haven't had issues with overheating, yet. I do clean around the vents of my consoles at least once a week though, as my room tends to get very dusty very quickly. I still semi-regularly use my 14 year old Wii which I've never cleaned out and it still works fine and doesn't seem to run particularly hot.

I wouldn't worry too much about opening the console to clean it unless you think it's getting a lot hotter and/or louder than usual. I saw a friend's opened PS4 earlier this year after he was having issues with the disc drive randomly ejecting discs (was due to the rubber foot at the bottom of the console), and it had a thin layer of dust inside it, nothing too bad. He's had his PS4 since launch like I have, and he definitely doesn't clean it as much as I do because I always see it covered in quite a lot of dust. The PS4 is a very loud console in general, the loudest I've ever owned I think, though I'm not too sure about the slim model.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering if anyone is still having the issue? Still having it on both my PS3s and PS4 unfortunately.

Yep :(. It's still there but so far, Sony doesn't seem to have even noticed that something is wrong with their servers :(.

I originally posted that I hadn't been affected by this,  but the last few days at least, it's happened to me also.

Hasn't caused me any issues so far as I haven't needed to uplaod/download any saves, sure hope it gets sorted out quickly though.

1 hour ago, AlienSteam said:

I originally posted that I hadn't been affected by this,  but the last few days at least, it's happened to me also.

Hasn't caused me any issues so far as I haven't needed to uplaod/download any saves, sure hope it gets sorted out quickly though.

Did you upload a new save in that time? I noticed on my other PS3 with a different account, the issue initially wasn't present until I uploaded a new save.

I still seem to be able to upload/download saves fine, it's just an annoyance since it's not as easy to quickly identify saves by their images for some games, especially on PS3 where you have to hover over each save to see what it is.