Trophy feature wishlist

JoesusHCrust

16 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

The trophy feature on the PS4 still feels like a bit of an afterthought to me.

Trophies were an afterthought on PS3, launching years after the console, but the PS4 launched with the PS4 (and arguably less support), so I’m curious in what way you feel

they are an afterthought for the PS4. 

As for what I’d like to see in PS5, I don’t have anything. I don’t expect Sony to show any More attention to the trophy system than they have in the last decade. 

• Like 3

Progress tracker, raise level cap above 100, revamp the level system so each level takes more than the previous, instead of just 2k per level after the first bit. Have dlc that adds content other than cosmetics give trophies.. 

Its a shame sims 4 has so many expansions and no trophies for it... theres in game achievements too.. or fighters like sf5 no reason the dlc characters cant have a few trophies each or split by season..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

The trophy feature on the PS4 still feels like a bit of an afterthought to me. With the growth of 'trophy hunting' as a distinct hobby and people now showing more of an interest in trophies, what changes (if any) would you like to see made to the trophies system on PS5?

I'd like to see:

A platinum trophy for every single full game.  it makes no sense that games like Slyde and My Name Is Mayo get platinums whereas Valiant Hearts or Child of Light don't.

DLC having separate trophy lists and not counting towards 100% completion of a game. Many DLC are essentially separate mini-games so give them separate trophy lists but no platinum.

A progress tracker for each trophy like they have on Xbox One.

Maybe a trophy cabinet feature on your profile like they have on this site.

what do others think?

DLC should have its own trophy list!!! It has messed up my 100% for some games 

ANd the tracker ..What happen to that they said it was to be in one of the udates from 1 year ago but it still has not been added!! That should be the first thing added and COME ON lets delete any game we dont want on are list!!!!

• Like 3

I'd like to have a progress tracker. It can get frustrating when you're supposed to kill a certain enemy multiple times but you don't have an in-game tracker. So you just keep killing and when you think you're close but it doesn't pop it's starting to feel like the trophy is bugged.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Void said:

Doubt this one will be popular but I would like an option at the start of every game that ask "would you like to install trophies" that way folks like myself can try out games without my OCD kicking in. You could install them from the options menu if you want to earn them later, you might have to start over though.

I do agree with the tracker as well.

I like that idea! Definitely should add that feature!

2 hours ago, DemonicDraco said:

Its a shame sims 4 has so many expansions and no trophies for it... theres in game achievements too.. or fighters like sf5 no reason the dlc characters cant have a few trophies each or split by season..

Noooooo Thank you.... Sims is really expensive if you want to purchase all the dlc. Leaving the trophies has the base game is just fine!

3 hours ago, seblegamer said:

Being able to delete trophies .... to remove those games with online trophies impossible to get because of server closure without any warn ...

or all those games with impossible trophies because of glitches and never patched X_x

I would love this feature, so i can remove elder scrolls online and friday the 13th of my list........ But, i would leave the system how it is. Imagine if a hacker hacks your account, and deletes all your trophies, And sony can't find a way to fix it. That's years of hard work lost. We just got to tuff it out and accept that some of us will never have a 100% completion rate.

3 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I'm shocked Sony doesn't even have this feature in 2020. Hopefully they can add it soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

The trophy feature on the PS4 still feels like a bit of an afterthought to me. With the growth of 'trophy hunting' as a distinct hobby and people now showing more of an interest in trophies, what changes (if any) would you like to see made to the trophies system on PS5?

I'd like to see:

A platinum trophy for every single full game.  it makes no sense that games like Slyde and My Name Is Mayo get platinums whereas Valiant Hearts or Child of Light don't.

DLC having separate trophy lists and not counting towards 100% completion of a game. Many DLC are essentially separate mini-games so give them separate trophy lists but no platinum.

Maybe a trophy cabinet feature on your profile like they have on this site.

what do others think?

Progress tracker would be perfect

42 minutes ago, Void said:

Doubt this one will be popular but I would like an option at the start of every game that ask "would you like to install trophies" that way folks like myself can try out games without my OCD kicking in. You could install them from the options menu if you want to earn them later, you might have to start over though.

If im not mistaken I believe Steam has this option I could be wrong?

I am onboard with the progress tracker. I want them to bring back the option to put your game list in alphabetical order. I don't it in recent played but I want the option to put it in alphabetical order also. Like we had on PS3. Other than that I can't think of anything else.

• Like 1

Ive never tried to have a super high completetion precentage as Id rather reserve the right to just quit a game I dont wanna play... but wouldnt the ability to delete trophies/games make it kinda pointless... anyone that wanted 100% completion could just delete anything they dont 100%... meaning anyone could be at 100% with a few toggles...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DemonicDraco said:

Ive never tried to have a super high completetion precentage as Id rather reserve the right to just quit a game I dont wanna play... but wouldnt the ability to delete trophies/games make it kinda pointless... anyone that wanted 100% completion could just delete anything they dont 100%... meaning anyone could be at 100% with a few toggles...

simply limit it to 3 per year or something like that, people can't go overboard that way

The PSN Custom Leaderboard idea that someone had mentioned earlier would really be a nice feature for PS5 gamers.  Also, I personally would like to see a feature on newly-started games that would ask if the initial game save supported trophies or not, which would make that playthrough (with that game save) strictly for fun, and without the hassle/headache of worrying about whether the player ‘messes up’ something, trophy-wise.  ?

8 hours ago, Void said:

Yes. I had a similar thought. I think this would be excellent. Better in my opinion than the option to delete trophies (although i don't hate that idea either). 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DemonicDraco said:

I agree which is why the ability to 'switch off' trophies might be a better solution. That way you wouldn't need to create a blank account (which is what most of the profiles with very high completion rates do) you could simply try out a game before deciding whether you wanted to try and platinum it or not. 

10 hours ago, Void said:

An extra prompt that I say yes to 100% of the time would be slightly annoying. Would be kinda like the weird this icon means saving crap some games do..