Trophy feature wishlist

JoesusHCrust

15 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

DLC having separate trophy lists and not counting towards 100% completion of a game. Many DLC are essentially separate mini-games so give them separate trophy lists but no platinum.

100% ☝️ It's annoying to platinum a game to have that percentage go down when they decide to release additional content. 

A progress counter would be amazing! I didn't know that was a thing Xbox had. It would be super helpful on grinds!

Edited by FabledEdition
  • Like 2

On 25/05/2020 at 6:26 PM, Void said:

Doubt this one will be popular but I would like an option at the start of every game that ask "would you like to install trophies" that way folks like myself can try out games without my OCD kicking in. You could install them from the options menu if you want to earn them later, you might have to start over though.

I do agree with the tracker as well.

Can't you already do that with another user? Just make a dummy user or something if you just want to try games out

Edited by Barbeqmeister

Definitely progress tracking for every trophy.

Also Platinums for all games, especially games like Hitman 1&2 that got a raw deal.

DLC trophies can be deleted/removed from profile, if at 0%.

A rewards system for trophies, for example 1 platinum = 5% off next purchase, or maybe you can use them to unlock avatars, themes etc.

Also more stats, like how do you rank globally, or within your country, etc. like here on PSNP

• Like 1

it'd be nice to have all games have a plat and stat tracking, also both players being able to earn trophies whilst using shareplay would be nice, maybe both players owning the game being a requirement.

Edited by Leenewbe

Seems a lot of us think along the same lines.

I mirror progress tracking and proper playtime tracking as desired features.

Other people mentioned sorting options, like by system, completion percentage, etc. This sound excellent as well.

• Like 2

Progress tracker gets my vote. So if you view trophies itll say it there if you view that specific trophy.

Also maybe have a way that if a game has unobtainable trophies, have an update that no longer requires those for a platinum maybe, though i could see those who did the online trophies having an issue later on. As well as this being extremely unlikely 

19 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

I'd rather they return to awarding platinum trophy lists based on the content of the game, but if they aren't going to bother then they may as will give every game a platinum trophy.

I agree with this 100%.  There are far too many shovelware titles out there that you can finish in under 15 minutes that simply don’t deserve a platinum.  If you can’t manage to include at least 20 trophies in your game, then, in my opinion, it doesn’t deserve a platinum.  This is doubly true if the game can also be completed with all trophies obtained in under 30 minutes.  As you said, a platinum trophy should be awarded as a reflection of the game’s content.  A paltry amount of content or an ultra short game = no platinum.

I personally think the current trophy system is fine as is with the exception of a progress tracker.  That’s a definite must have feature.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 6:12 AM, DemonicDraco said:

Its a shame sims 4 has so many expansions and no trophies for it... theres in game achievements too.. or fighters like sf5 no reason the dlc characters cant have a few trophies each or split by season..

This is on the game creators, they choose whether they want to add trophies for an expansion, not Sony 

Would be cool to have a statistics tab built into the system a bit like on here.

I admit I get a bit obsessed with stats sometimes. 

Also I prefer to have my list alphabetical and show more games on the screen like PS3 you could see about 10 without scrolling whereas PS4 could only see 5. More sorting options too so you can filter platforms. 

Progress  tracker would definitely be useful.

Also I liked how on PS3 it showed you the last 8 trophies you earned with their icons I would like back. 

17 minutes ago, ellileon said:

We need a damn search function to find the games faster. Something like that should be not that hard to implement i thnk..

Something similar to when you search for games in the store it brings up games that match what you are typing out? That would be am interesting way to search your own trophies 

17 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

To use your trophy images as avatars...

Oh damn. This was something people were asking for halfway through the PS3's lifespan and I had completely forgotten about it. I vote for this too.

Trophies as avatars would be great, though I hold no hope for it. Trophy progress tracking would be great as well, though I can just hear in my head that idiot president of Sony saying something like, “Tracking is hard!”

I’ve run out of fingers trying to count to 10,000 for kills in FFIX. 

I'd like an option to choose the screen shot for each trophy. Or pull the trigger for the screen shot myself. Maybe give us 5 seconds to press the Share button to take the shot, and if we're too slow, it just does it automatically. 

Some games have amazing moments where trophies pop juuuuust right. My platinum screen shot for Spider-Man involved  finding a grave in the city. It was great! Very memorable, very share-able. 

And others are just black screens....

• Like 1

Definitely progress tracking. There are lots of games asking you to get kills in a specific way and you just wondering if what you are doing actually counts towards the trophy or not. 

The trophy Shop is also a very good idea where you could buy themes, avatars or cosmetic items for games, while making you feel that your efforts are being rewarded. It might bring more people into trophy hunting as well 

Edited by BilisK123

They need to improve features when comparing games with friends and even general viewing, you should be able to sort by(alphabetical, etc)..separate your collection for viewing across generations.  I realize now as time has gone on and people have built up trophy collections regardless of platinums, if you played a lot of games it is a complete nightmare to try to compare games..the ps4 struggles to load sometimes and its essentially too cluttered and cumbersome.

Aside from that stuff, i do believe progress trackers and some other features from xbox one should be added. There is a lot of room for improvement for sure.

I want ten-minute Platinums to be gone. The same system is called Achievements on Xbox/Steam. How is this an achievement? Also, I want an actual Hide trophy list feature meaning hide it from me and recalculate the total trophy count.

Edited by BloodyRutz