Trophy feature wishlist

JoesusHCrust

On 25/05/2020 at 1:09 PM, Klart said:

Maybe some Trophy awards or a Trophy Shop where you can use your earned Trophies or Trophy points to buy digital things (avatars/themes/in game items). 

They should make a Trophy app that integrates some of these things. Something like PlayStation Home but for Trophies. You could show your achievements and buy or earn stuff with your Trophy points/Trophies.

I like the idea of a trophy shop and a trophy app.

On 08/06/2020 at 5:10 AM, megslushboy said:

I'd like an option to choose the screen shot for each trophy. Or pull the trigger for the screen shot myself. Maybe give us 5 seconds to press the Share button to take the shot, and if we're too slow, it just does it automatically. 

Some games have amazing moments where trophies pop juuuuust right. My platinum screen shot for Spider-Man involved  finding a grave in the city. It was great! Very memorable, very share-able. 

This is the feature I would like most, I hate getting black screens. Also, a progress tracker would be nice too.

Lots of good ideas here. What I want to see:

- Trophy progress tracking

- Like Fiikra75 suggested, the ability to get your trophies again. Once you get the platinum you toggle the "Obtain trophies again" option and they will fade out slightly on your trophy list, only to light up again when you get the trophy again. You'll still have them and you won't lose any trophy points by doing it, but you won't get any extra trophy points for getting them again either. Maybe a little plus symbol or counter next to each trophy to indicate you got it multiple times. 

- I really like the "Playstation Home for Trophies" idea. Turn the trophies into different valued currency to buy avatars, themes, and furniture for your virtual trophy monument!

- I would like to see each tier of trophy have a different pop sound, with bronze getting the original familiar sound, and it getting fancier and more elaborate with a Platinum getting a three second fanfare. 

• Like 2

I would like something like a virtual trophy room that you can customize with all sorts of knickknacks that you unlock by earning trophies :D .

It's not happening, but it would be neat.

You want to sell me a VR headset, don'tcha Sony?

Realistically, mandate devs implement trophies in in-game menus (unobtrusively), Diablo 3 does this nicely.

3d trophy models for Plats.

Most other things have already been mentioned here.

Edited by Bratinov
adding things

• 2 weeks later...

Global Leaderboard

Increase Trophy point limit per game to say 2000. 

Improved Search/Sort ability 

Include trophy list when purchasing game via PSN

Progress tracker

Dedicated Trophy app

Edited by Eshaal

The most probable to really happen of all you guys said, 

I think, it's the progress tracker, like, Xbox has it, so why PS still doesn't have it  >:

It would help a lot grind trophies

But don't give up, guyyysss 

There is a chance they listen to us and do what you're all asking for ?

Edited by Ryudi1998
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

1: To only have the trophy bar increase when you decide what DLC packs you want to own, not increase the bar to sell you s**t you wouldn't want. I have hated that tactic ever since it arrived. 

2: Allow you organise your games list how you want (alphabetical etc)

3: Do away with the platinum system and just have a percent bar. DLC has made platinums pointless, and the gamerscore system on the Xbox has always worked better, especially for competitive reasons etc. 

4. Do away with the s**t screen capture when a trophy unlocks. Most unlock during a back screen or a blurred animation pose. Just do away with it or have specific art shots for unlocks. Perhaps pics which you could then use for your PS5 wallpaper etc. 

5: I do like the idea of unlocking the same trophy multiple times. For example, some games require you to kill enemies a certain way which you can do a number of times. Now this for me is where the bronze, silver and gold could work best. You unlock once its a bronze, twice, three times etc. But there is no way in hell you could trust devs to implement this as even to this day they can't get individual trophies to work on occasion. Would be awesome though. 

The trophy/achievement system has endless possibilities to enjoy, but the devs are just to dull with them and SONY seem to have no interest in their own system to make it more fun. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

Definitely be able to delete games and trophies to maintain a pristine completion % that online and multiplayer trophies tend to ruin. 

Data on how long it took to platinum the game based on play time in total hours, as opposed to having to add up playthroughs yourself. PSN Profiles doesn't do it either, it says time like 3 months, but from first trophy earned. My Lightning Returns game says 2 years, when it actually tool 3 weeks (50 hours). I just inserted the game, earned one trophy, left it and came back to it 2 years later to platinum. 

Trophy themes like the way FF13 had, where you get game themes with trophies, or at least a theme for the platinum. Avatar would be great too. 

In fact I would wish a progress tracker, so you and other player can see at every trophy, how far the progress is. For example, if you must kill 500 enemies with headshot, you can see you are nearly on the halfway. Additionally this could be helpful with unclear trophy descriptions, so you can see, if your try counts or not (Yes, I'm looking at you GRID ;-) ). I think Xbox got this already.

The second feature I would like to see would be that you (and everyone else) can see in which version of the game you earned a trophy. So the community can better deal with buggy trophies if for example a trophy didn't pop up at v1.1, but on 1.3. or the other way round. Furthermore it can be a helpful tool in some trophy- or guide-discussions, ... .

Also a great feature in my opinion would be a in-game time stamp for the trophies, so you can see after how many playtime you got the platin or an other trophy. So you can better compare with other players, who got a trophy faster, ... or you are only interessted in your own time, how long it took to get a specific trophy. But I think this is difficult to implent to be 100% meaningfull (How could it count if you backsaved the game and are playing a savegame at the mid of a game after the good ending for example to get the bad ending. So it must count the time your account is in a game not only in a savegame, ... AND it must count from the first start of the game.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 8:10 AM, seblegamer said:

Being able to delete trophies .... to remove those games with online trophies impossible to get because of server closure without any warn ...

or all those games with impossible trophies because of glitches and never patched X_x

And having a track on progress for each trophy would be great too :)

This! Every day I think about this at least once!

The ability to search for the game you're looking for in the trophy list by typing its name, rather than scrolling all the way down to look for it. 

Maybe a feature like XBOX achievements, where after the trophy pops, you also get its description afterwards. 

My wishlist would be.. 

*Be able to delete a trophy list

Or 

Be able to buy online trophies from the PSN store after they shutdown the server. Everyone is going to know if you got it legit or not by the date you got it anyway. Just nice to see a 100% instead of 98% or something. 

*Progress Tracker

This is a MUST! I remember the times I had to use EA's site for Bad Company 1 and it was horrible... The site was slow and some things didn't register..

*Trophy hunting matchmaking 

I've always wished for this... 

So you go through your trophy list and you can favorite a trophy and select if its a High Priority or a Low Priority trophy you're going for. Then the PSN will give you options if you want local or all players to go for the certain trophy. 

It will match up 4-6 players that are playing the game at the same time, but you can also have the option to reserve a session in a future date and time. 

Ability to either switch off trophies or remove them completely. 

Able to arrange trophy list to things like alphabetical order, place and swap yourself, etc etc. 

A dedicated platinum page on your PS5 with all PS5 platinums showing a shiny platinum trophy, and for pre-gens a page which shows each game logo with a platinum for it. Xbox did this type of thing years ago. Catch up SONY!

Get rid of the trophy capture pic and replace it with unique dev art or concept pics for each trophy. Again. Catch up with Xbox on this one. 

Ability to see how long it took from starting the game to getting 100% completion game time. 

Allow for all games to have a platinum. There have been some incredible indie games worthy of this yet didn't receive it due to a certain amount of trophies or whatnot.

What we should do is some how get all the ideas together, then have the OP make a poll for each and every idea, then have everyone vote and send it over to SONY. This is a trophy site after all so all opinions will be 100% requested for the features, then if SONY deemed them doable etc, they could possibly patch the features in at later dates and whatnot. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

From most ubiquitous to most controversial:

1.) Trophy Progress Tracking

-This one seems pretty universally agreed upon 

2.) Hours Played Log

-See above

3.) Trophy Sorting

-See above

4.) Ability to Delete Trophy Lists

-I’ve seen some people against this, but I think it’s very reasonable. With ever-increasing unobtainables and glitched trophies I think it’d take a bit of stress off the hardcore completionists. Sony has 2-step available and could require this in order to delete a trophy list. 

5.) No More Separate Trophy Lists 

-A game should not have a separate trophy list for PS3, PS4, PS5, vita, NA, EU, HK, JP. The exception would be true remasters obviously. 

6.) Return to Some Level of Platinum Quality Control

-And that brings me to my last, and probably most controversial request. I DO NOT believe every game should have a platinum. Clearly, many EZPZs have already slipped through the cracks, but it doesn’t mean it needs to continue. Returning to the mindset that platinums should take effort and for Sony to maintain some higher level of quality control would be the best thing long-term for the trophy hobby IMHO.

A lot of what I'd like has already been said. Eg:

1. Trophy tracker
    Not just X/1000 kills or w/e, but I'd also love to see on the console what the 'Stats' page on psnprofies offers with trophies over time graphs and daily breakdowns, and even extend it to a per-genre breakdown, online vs. offline %, etc.
  2. Play-time tracker This can be smart for more fun stats by:
    Individually track online vs offline, or
    Track each game mode / difficulty setting
    Filter out time idling in a pause menu (detect controller movement / interaction)
    'Time after platinum'
  3. No lock-out of online trophies Options for that:
    'Offline' online modes with AI. Possibly via machine learning from players when the servers were up, or
    Sony's promise to host servers forever. That should be possible with how wonderful the cloud is
  4. Hide trophy lists, even if some are popped
    Lots of people use secondary accounts to evaluate a game. Remove the need for that.

Other things I'd love to see - some are more general and less trophy-focused but worth a mention:

1. Continue offering PS4 games on PS+. I get that they dropped Vita / PS3 after years because there was less engagement for it and there's a lot of work going into working with devs to get permission etc, but people new to PS5 would have missed so much and with backwards compatibility being a thing, I'd love to see more PS+ value
  2. Better compare with friends. Eg:
    I'd love to see what trophies I don't have in common with a friend that have co-op or online aspects,
    Compare a friend's 'time to plat' with my own, or
    Compare 2+ different friends together, instead of comparing with me
  3. Option to see your whole library in the trophy list. Ie: including games I own but haven't installed / booted up
  4. A better Store. Let me:
    Filter out add-ons / DLC which don't offer any trophies,
    Mark games I own physically as purchased or have an extra confirmation if it makes it into the cart,
    Manage a wishlist on the console itself instead of only on store.playstation.com, show sales for wishlisted items on the home screen, whatever that ends up being,
    Show 'friends who also own this game' in the store page to help inform a purchase better,
    Personalise the sorting order of sales to my tastes based on other games owned
    Filters for 'all unpurchased DLC for games I own' and 'all unpurchased DLCs for games I've started'
  5. On-console trophy advisor / game suggester based on what I've been playing
    'I want something similar to recent games / specific game' or 'I want something different from recent games / specific game'
  6. Trophy-related rewards
    I think it was FFXIII which offered themes for obtaining trophies, and I loved that. I think some first-party games did it too more recently
    Give devs the option to allow trophies to unlock more icons, BGM options for the console home page or wallpapers or concept art in a gallery or something
    Final Fantasy XV gave a really nice certificate of completion - could be cool if something like that was a thing too, letting you optionally include time to complete (real time or game time) and any screenshot taken within the game.

This got long - sorry!

Edited by Mr-ttaM
Forgot to bold a heading

On the 'DLCs are ruining my 100% - make them a new trophy list' thing a few people have mentioned, there's a nice compromise option

Truetrophies has a cool setting which I'd like to see on PS5—excluding DLC / DLC I don't own* from the % (so games stay 100% after new DLCs launch)
* ownership on TT is 'gained at least 1 trophy in', on PS5 another option could be added for that as it'll know what you've purchased.

unknown.png

6 minutes ago, Mr-ttaM said:

On the 'DLCs are ruining my 100% - make them a new trophy list' thing a few people have mentioned, there's a nice compromise option

Truetrophies has a cool setting which I'd like to see on PS5—excluding DLC / DLC I don't own* from the % (so games stay 100% after new DLCs launch)
* ownership on TT is 'gained at least 1 trophy in', on PS5 another option could be added for that as it'll know what you've purchased.

unknown.png

The completion stat is completely calculated by the individual trophy site, not by Sony. PSNP could easily do this, but chooses not to. 

I’m going to give a lot of unpopular opinions but, I disagree with a lot of the comments. 

- I think if you had the option to delete games it completely defeats the purpose of trophies. They let you delete your 0% and I think that’s perfect.

- I also think DLC should stay the way it is. Whether you like it or not, it’s part of the game so it should absolutely add to 100% completing it.

- I also think online trophies should stay included towards platinums. Part of what I love about trophies is they get me to experience a game fully. It gets me to try things I probably wouldn’t have otherwise. If a game has online, then that is a part of the game. If you play a game after servers are down, you have missed out on a part of the game. I think it would be disingenuous to say you “100%” a game when you never even experience a large portion of it if they don’t require online trophies. 

Other than that, like many, I would love a progress tracker, cabinet, sorting options, store/rewards, time tracker and no more region specific trophy lists. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, J_S_R_C_N said:

- I think if you had the option to delete games it completely defeats the purpose of trophies. They let you delete your 0% and I think that’s perfect.

Can you explain this one? I honestly don’t understand it. Trophies simply reflect accomplishments in your games. How does deleting a games trophy list from your profile defeat the purpose of trophies in any way? It’d be like deleting your saved game file on a game you had previously beaten...does that destroy the point of gaming or save files?

My personal example is NBA 2K15. The servers went down after 1.5 years and the majority of the trophies are online. How would deleting the BS trophies I obtained in a 1 hour play session defeat the purpose of trophies? I’m just trying to understand the logic.

1) Mandate that all games with local 2p have to have the relevant trophies pop for player 2. 

2) System level progress tracker, as everyone else has said

3) Actually test that the trophies work at release and mandate that any patches that break trophies needs to be fixed or buyers can get a refund as the game is broken.

4) Rewards for trophies. Not significant as that would create an unwanted marketplace to incentivise cheats, but cosmetic items and themes from Sony.

5) A revamped place to view trophies (like the promise of the trophy room in PS Home)

6) More stats / rankings on PSN (because this site is broken In that it doesn’t update users automatically after a time)

58 minutes ago, Kal2210 said:

Can you explain this one? I honestly don’t understand it. Trophies simply reflect accomplishments in your games. How does deleting a games trophy list from your profile defeat the purpose of trophies in any way? It’d be like deleting your saved game file on a game you had previously beaten...does that destroy the point of gaming or save files?

My personal example is NBA 2K15. The servers went down after 1.5 years and the majority of the trophies are online. How would deleting the BS trophies I obtained in a 1 hour play session defeat the purpose of trophies? I’m just trying to understand the logic.

Can’t speak for the poster but I think people view trophies differently I guess. I view them as a historic record of my play, something to look at and remember as well as something fun at the time. Of course others don’t so no harm to them in deleting games.

However, letting people delete game’s and trophies will ruin the rarity stat. I guess someone who wants to measure “achievements” would also want an accurate rarity stat to give context to how much of an “achievement” a trophy is(?)

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1