are you a game hoarder?

stevemiff71

I am definitely a game hoarder. My Gamecube no longer works and has been broken for years but I still have the same 30 Gamecube games that I will never ever part with. Same with Gameboy Advance and even some Gameboy Color titles if I look hard enough. And besides, why would anyone sell a piece of good memory? And come on, you gotta admit, having a collection just makes you smile. :D

I am definitely a game hoarder. My Gamecube no longer works and has been broken for years but I still have the same 30 Gamecube games that I will never ever part with. Same with Gameboy Advance and even some Gameboy Color titles if I look hard enough. And besides, why would anyone sell a piece of good memory? And come on, you gotta admit, having a collection just makes you smile. :D

I'm guilty of game hoarding too. I never sell my games, I only borrow them to close friends sometimes and only to people where I can be sure that I'll get them back after a reasonable amount of time. I sometimes get back to games years after I played them for the first time, so I wouldn't want to give them away, not even for money. Counting all my games on all platforms, I currently own about 200 games.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah I hoard games though I prefer to think of it as collecting them. The vast majority of my games second hand at an already cheap price and thus expect I'd be getting next to nothing in value if I tried to trade them in. Every now and then I do play through games I've already completed so I like to think it's not a total loss. There we go, three excuses that should get me off the hook for my hoarding problem...

I guess I am. I own several systems from the Atari 2600 to modern systems like the Vita and PS3 and I always buy more games if they are cheap enough. I am almost at physical game copy nr. 600 and 79 of those are PS3 games. Then there is all my digital games.. I just realized I might actually have a problem.

I'm kind of a hoarder/collector. I won't sell any of my PS3 games and until fairly recently I still had all my N64/GBC/GBA/GC/PS1/PS2 games, but I'm moving to a smaller place soon so I've started selling them off and only have a handful of GBA games left.

The only games I'll be keeping are my PS3 games and my 3DS games.

I can't seem to quite let go of Pokemon Stadium yet though... even though Pokemon X is essentially an improved version.

I approach games the same way I approach any other medium/art form. I can't remember the last time I gave away a book, a movie or an album. I buy what I feel is relevant or important to me and since a fair amount of research goes into that, I rarely buy something completely random, something I don't value or wouldn't want to have access to in the future. Since I (sooner or later) consume pretty much everything I purchase, I don't consider this as hoarding. It's building a collection ;)