Steins;Gate Chronological order?

LoveInHell

9 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I heard there was a third game, some kind of remake? I just looked it up and it's called "Steins;Gate Elite".

I haven't played that one but apparently it's the same game as the original, only now with animated cutscenes taken from the anime.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

I haven't played that one but apparently it's the same game as the original, only now with animated cutscenes taken from the anime.

Ohh okay, I get it. I bought Steins;Gate 0 a little while ago during the Big In Japan sales, I didn't know I had to play in order, didn't even know there was another game. I'll have to buy the first game then. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

There's also Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace, which is apparently a romantic comedy set in an alternative timeline from the original.

I haven't played that one either.

So is this advised to play after those two games or it doesn't matter in which order?

1 minute ago, Crzy Minus said:

Seeing it as a spin-off, it doesn't play a big role like the other two games. It's basically just a S;G themed dating sim.

Huh, okay, I'll play this after those two games then. Thanks!

Edited by LoveInHell

Just now, VoidVictorious said:

I am very familiar with the series! Play Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate Elite, Steins;Gate 0 and the spin offs you can play in any order. Keep in mind that Chaos;Head, Chaos;Child, and Robotics;Notes all reference the series heavily. Robotics;Notes Dash even has one of the main characters from Steins;Gate.

No way, I didn't know of any of this. Thanks for the heads up, I have Chaos;Child as well. Isn't Steins;Gate Elite the remake of Steins;Gate? I also didn't know there were more Chaos; games. I'm new to playing VNs and really like them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

No way, I didn't know of any of this. Thanks for the heads up, I have Chaos;Child as well. Isn't Steins;Gate Elite the remake of Steins;Gate? I also didn't know there were more Chaos; games. I'm new to playing VNs and really like them.

If you could give me a thumbs up that would be appreciated! ? Steins;Gate Elite uses the anime visuals and voice acting from the series aired on Funimation in Japanese so it is a huge departure from the first game. Also there is a dating sim for Chaos;Head called Chaos;Head Chu Chu. 

I haven't played Elite, but I prefer the game design instead of the anime ones.

1 minute ago, VoidVictorious said:

If you could give me a thumbs up that would be appreciated! ? Steins;Gate Elite uses the anime visuals and voice acting from the series aired on Funimation in Japanese so it is a huge departure from the first game. Also there is a dating sim for Chaos;Head called Chaos;Head Chu Chu. 

Edited by Tempestad_cl

If you could give me a thumbs up that would be appreciated! 1f609.png Steins;Gate Elite uses the anime visuals and voice acting from the series aired on Funimation in Japanese so it is a huge departure from the first game. Also there is a dating sim for Chaos;Head called Chaos;Head Chu Chu. 

Lol, my thumbs up need to recharge. ? +1. Hmm, well since we're talking about Chaos anyway, what's the order for that?

1 minute ago, Tempestad_cl said:

I haven't played Elite, but I prefer the game design instead of the anime ones.

Yeah I don't think I'll buy the ones with anime scenes either.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 8:30 PM, LoveInHell said:

Lol, my thumbs up need to recharge. 1f607.png +1. Hmm, well since we're talking about Chaos anyway, what's the order for that?

Yeah I don't think I'll buy the ones with anime scenes either.

The anime is very well done. I think you would be losing out significantly if you excluded it. The order for Chaos is: Chaos;Head Noah, Chaos;Head Chu Chu (Love sim), and Chaos;Child. Don’t forget about Robotics;Notes!!

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VoidVictorious said:

The anime is very well done. I think you would be shifting yourself significantly if you excluded it. The order for Chaos is: Chaos;Head Noah, Chaos;Head Chu Chu (Love sim), and Chaos;Child. Don’t forget about Robotics;Notes!!

Is Robotics;Notes a VN of its own or is it connected to Chaos?

It’s connected to all of them. They are all part of the “Science Adventure series.” They reference each other, but Robotics;Notes has a heavy connection to Steins;Gate.

Hmm, I think it's best to play that as the last one then to avoid spoilers. Should I play this right after I'm done with Steins;Gate or Chaos;Child or when I'm done with both Steins;Gate and Chaos;Child?

I mean for this Series (that being the SciAdv Series) it's more so recommended to play in Release Order (unless a direct Sequel exists etc. like S;G 0) don't forget that the only way to get the Official Versions of one of the S;G Spin-Offs is by getting included with Steins;Gate Elite (you don't get Trophys though which sucks, and also we didn't get the S;G PS4 Port which was included with 0 in Japan)

Also there is a Chaos;Child Love Chu Chu as well (just like Chaos;Head had) and Robotics;Notes Elite/Dash (double pack... Elite was just the improved Vita Port of the PS3 Original, and Dash is the Sequel) is coming out soon so get on that. 

Another thing to note is that most of these games are Japanese only and never had official releases in the West, other games by the same Team include Occultic;Nine (don't believe it is tied to the SciAdv Series) and they are currently working on Anonymous;Code I believe it is called which IS apparently part of the SciAdv Series. 

EDIT: Okay apparently they are starting a NEW Series just called "Science Visual Novel" which is for Occultic;Nine & Anonymous;Code... I swear I remember Anonymous;Code being said to be part of SciAdv when it was first announced like 2 Years ago (apparently it's finally coming out in Q4 2020, in Japan that is) and they have since started this separate one. Occultic;Nine is gonna get post story chapters added into a future Switch Port (and Free Patch to other platforms, that's a nice touch ? ? the lead guy on ALL of these has said he wants to bring Occultic;Nine to the West as well so? I guess we all need to let it be known we want it, though it seems inevitable with Spike Chunsoft behind the Series Western localisations now ?‍♂️) that will tie it to this new Series. That being said, apparently Anonymous;Code will be addressing unanswered questions from the SciAdv Series (Chaos;Head/Child, Steins;Gate & Robotics;Notes) and the overall concept is "infinitely expanding vertical "world layers", with the main character being able to manipulate layers below his, and is themed around hacking"

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 7:01 AM, LoveInHell said:

Alright, thanks guys. 1f44d.png

very reccommended that you play or watch a playthrough of chaos head before child

11 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

The games are on sale again in the latest 'Big in Japan' deals.

I don't own a Vita and it appears Elite and 0 are the only mainline games available on PS5/4. I've never seen the Anime, Will I miss out if I start from Elite? 

Thanks

honestly, yeah. The OG steins;Gate is just way better than elite. Get that if you can on ps3

19 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

The games are on sale again in the latest 'Big in Japan' deals.

I don't own a Vita and it appears Elite and 0 are the only mainline games available on PS5/4. I've never seen the Anime, Will I miss out if I start from Elite? 

Thanks

The OG is better as it doesn't cut some dialogue and features beautiful artwork, however Elite not is by any means a bad game, for those that come from the anime and have not much experience with VN games, I feel it is a much more acessible game to get into.