Steins;Gate Chronological order?

LoveInHell

On 26/05/2020 at 1:19 AM, VoidVictorious said:

I am very familiar with the series! Play Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate Elite, Steins;Gate 0 and the spin offs you can play in any order. Keep in mind that Chaos;Head, Chaos;Child, and Robotics;Notes all reference the series heavily. Robotics;Notes Dash even has one of the main characters from Steins;Gate.

Are Robotics;Notes and Robotics;Notes Dash worth playing if I haven't finished any of the Steins;Gate titles yet? I ask, because the double pack is currently on sale :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Are Robotics;Notes and Robotics;Notes Dash worth playing if I haven't finished any of the Steins;Gate titles yet? I ask, because the double pack is currently on sale :).

Some characters from Steins;Gate appear in Robotics;Notes and even more references are made.

You don't necessarily need to know Steins;Gate to unterstand both Robotics;Notes games, but in my opinion it adds some cool/funny moments if you do know them. So I would play Steins;Gate first if I had the choice.

3 minutes ago, hbg said:

Some characters from Steins;Gate appear in Robotics;Notes and even more references are made.

You don't necessarily need to know Steins;Gate to unterstand both Robotics;Notes games, but in my opinion it adds some cool/funny moments if you do know them. So I would play Steins;Gate first if I had the choice.

Cool, I've got the Original, Elite, Zero and LBP in my collection, I just haven't played them much yet :).

2 hours ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Thanks for the replies guys. I may have no choice to start from Elite as I have no way of getting my hands on a PS3 or a Vita. Shame it's not on PSNow. I suppose as long as Elite covers the story, I won't know what cut dialogue I've missed. 

it's also on steam if that's an alternative

36 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Cool, I've got the Original, Elite, Zero and LBP in my collection, I just haven't played them much yet :).

it's not needed to play steins;gate before robotics;notes, I guess?? But it would help so much to play it before so you can get all the little references and details you would otherwise miss. Same with chaos;head

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It’s all the same universe, but you would definitely appreciate it more because Dash and the original Robotics;Notes have characters from Steins;Gate in it. Either way you won’t ruin anything.

• Like 1