Are You Against Crossplay?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Are you against crossplay?

• 100% Yes
    • 100% No
    • I don't mind crossplay but I prefer it
    • I don't mind crossplay but I don't prefer it
    • 50/50 Yes and No

Cross play as a concept, emphatically not against. How some developers implement lopsided cross play? Yes.

Im not gonna hate on the whole thing that’s actually really cool for gaming because some games did it poorly. 

Edited by DaivRules

1 minute ago, locoporkko said:

2 platinums for the price of 1 is the best idea ever and if the game is on deals you save more money

You're confusing cross-buy with cross-play.

Cross-play is different platforms being able to play together, i.e. PS4 & Xbox One playing together.

Cross-buy is getting the same game on different consoles for the price of one game, i.e. getting a PS4 and vita version

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, locoporkko said:

My english isnt very good and i see cross buy when is cross play,cross play doesnt matter

So in other words, you don't care that crossplay exists? Do you think it's good or bad or are you not bothered about it?

Edited by LoveInHell

1 minute ago, visighost said:

To be clear, 100% No = I’m totally not against Crossplay = I love it?

It means you are not against it at all but that doesn't necessarily mean that you absolutely love it. I mean you can say 100% No and be like "I'm not against it, I don't care that there is crossplay" you see.

Edited by LoveInHell

As long as it's done well, i'm all for it.

Keeps communities a healthy size. Keeps servers online longer.

Outside of one platform possibly having a competitive advantage sometimes, I can't see a downside. And I don't really play a ton of competitive games so that doesn't bother me at all lol 

13 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

So in other words, you don't care that crossplay exists? Do you think it's good or bad or are you not bothered about it?

Depends of the game if you play in pc you have advantage with the players of console like overwatch and similar games

• Like 1

I'm all for it.

• I think console/platform elitism is silly
  • More players for multiplayer means faster matchmaking, especially if a game's active base is smaller
  • I have several friends I play with on Xbox
  • It can be disabled in the main online games I play anyways, so complaints about PC gamers can be whining (I've probably had ten teammates on mic with "Ughhh PC gamers!!" in CoD when it was just a console gamer with mouse and keyboard lol)

I do wish players and developers hadn't had to lead the push for cross though. While I'm Playstation all the way, Sony was less cooperative than Microsoft in supporting this... I believe Sony has the superior console, titles, and network this gen but their defense of that advantage (some might call it business, some might call it corporate greed) has spawned some less friendly decisions for the player on a few counts imo. Cross-play could be better than it is.

• Like 3

For cooperative titles (like World War Z)? 100% cool with it. It’s great to have PC players joined up with console players because they have more responsive controls (mouse and keyboard) and it improves matchmaking.

For competitive multiplayer? I’m a little more cautious about that. If there’s an option to disable it, then I’m cool with it. That way, you can play without having to be concerned about PC players having an advantage via mouse and keyboard, but if you’re really struggling to find matches, you could always turn it on and be able to play more matches (even if you do struggle a bit more).

PC players aren’t gods, but if two people with similar skill levels played a game and one was using mouse and keyboard while the other had a controller, I think the mouse and keyboard player would win because it’s a more responsive control scheme. I have nothing against PC (I occasionally play it myself) but it does make games feel somewhat unbalanced if you’re matched up against a lot of PC players.

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 2

It depends on the type of game and level of cross-play.

I have no issue playing with people on the Xbox or Switch, but completely against PC. I own a PC and understand not everyone cheats, but without a doubt the biggest percentage of cheaters in a crossplay environment come from PC.

Don't believe me look at COD Warzone, the hackers have really damaged the game.

There are situations when playing with PC players is fine, like a co-op game, but PVP gives them an unfair advantage. It's a fact, keyboard and mouse is better than a controller.

Crossplay sounds nice on paper but has been poorly implemented so far.

42 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Keeps communities a healthy size. Keeps servers online longer.

I haven't thought of this before and never heard of this before either, you have a point. It's definitely a plus that it keep servers online for longer.

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Don't believe me look at COD Warzone, the hackers have really damaged the game.

I didn't know CoD Warzone had crossplay. Isn't there an option to turn the crossplay off? Also how bad is it really - are there hackers every match or every few games?

Crossplay for the most part is alright.  More players is a good thing.  The only downside is FPS.  Mouse and keyboard is way better than a controller for the pew pew.

EDIT:  If you can use a Mouse and Keyboard for the console game, I'm 100% for it.  The only FPS I've played was Overwatch and you can only play with a controller IIRC.

Edited by Ilzaki
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I haven't thought of this before and never heard of this before either, you have a point. It's definitely a plus that it keep servers online for longer.

I didn't know CoD Warzone had crossplay. Isn't there an option to turn the crossplay off? Also how bad is it really - are there hackers every match or every few games?

It's actually very strange in Warzone. On PS4, you can disable crossplay, but it is mandatory on PC and Xbox.

You run into a hacker if you play for a few hours frequently (not every match, but often enough for it to get annoying especially when it's at the end of a 20-30 min game).

However, it really isn't just a hacker problem. As I said, Keyboard and mouse plus better hardware give them a huge advantage. It's simply not a level playing field when you run into a PC player.

I voted 50/50 yes and no. I would prefer it to only be between consoles, not PC as well. But it's ok as long as there's the option to turn it off so I only get pitted against other PS4 players. When there's no option to turn it off and you're stuck competing against PC players as well it becomes a problem.