Are You Against Crossplay?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Are you against crossplay?

• 100% Yes
    • 100% No
    • I don't mind crossplay but I prefer it
    • I don't mind crossplay but I don't prefer it
    • 50/50 Yes and No

I found really stupid that in 2020, many games doesn't share complete cross-play. I mean, many games allow progress transfer between consoles and even generations! How is possible that, GTA V doesn't allow players between PC-PS4 (even with Xbox, c'mon Microsoft!). Anyways, I think is more related to the companies in between rather than developers themselves. Servers maintenence is so expensive? Then why you bother to allow microtransactions to keep alive your game? Isn't that a basic tenet for a good economy to invest/refund/capitalize rinse and repeat the key to success?

Epic Games, for example, is a reliable example about how they persuaded and even unified a community -and companies too, more importantly- between their insignia game to allow access for everyone in each platform. I made friends through that implementation, and I lament that many other games lack the feature. Therefore, I support and even I would like to promote this in other circles. 

Edited by Xenoblast91

I said 50/50, because I have a few friends on xbox and it's nice to play with other console players. But man, PC? I have nothing against mouse and keyboard, I used to play FPS on PC back in 2010 and yes it's a bit better than a controller but really not something to worry about. It's the sh*t tons of hackers ruining it for everyone.. I know theres more honest PC players than hackers out there but I saw way to many hackers in warzone to just let it slide... 

9 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

For competitive multiplayer? I’m a little more cautious about that. If there’s an option to disable it, then I’m cool with it. That way, you can play without having to be concerned about PC players having an advantage via mouse and keyboard, but if you’re really struggling to find matches, you could always turn it on and be able to play more matches (even if you do struggle a bit more).

You can't even really make sure that PS4 players aren't using Mouse & Keyboard. Adapters exist to make that possible. But I understand where you are coming from, that's for sure. 

(Many others made this point as well, but you were the first so I quoted you :) )

10 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Please comment why to explain your vote. I'm just curious how everyone thinks about crossplay, I've heard many mixed opinions about this before so I thought to make a poll and here it is.

Hmm I honestly didn't know people were against this feature, but I mostly play singleplayer games. I can see how it could be more of an issue for online MP games, though.

What about cross-play among PS devices? Helldivers for example has cross-play for PS4, PS3 and Vita, and I think that's fantastic! :) I wished there was cross-play to other consoles more often, too. 

Edited by Arcesius

Voted  I don't mind crossplay but I don't prefer it. I mean, I don't like online, but if I have to play something online, I just prefer the same conditions to all. I don't want to see hackers around messing the game and I don't really care about xbox so...

Just give me single player games.

9 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm totally for it if it's done correctly. I'd really like to see it for Dead by Daylight, Overwatch, and I wouldn't mind seeing it for a few other games. Mostly games for the switch since multiplayer games aren't as popular on it as Xbox1 or PS4.

I get it for DBD because the que time is really bad and this would help it a lot. Is this game on XBOX too? If so, would you want crossplay between consoles and PC or just the consoles? I feel like DBD would have a lot of issues if it had crossplay with PC because there are so many people who use buggy tactics on PC for DBD and their sensitivity is way higher than ours so they can 360 etc. a lot faster. On PC there’s an advantage as killer where when you’re carrying someone you can keep hitting and it will keep pushing forward so you can put them on the hook faster.

Edited by LoveInHell

18 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I get it for DBD because the que time is really bad and this would help it a lot. Is this game on XBOX too? If so, would you want crossplay between consoles and PC or just the consoles? I feel like DBD would have a lot of issues if it had crossplay with PC because there are so many people who use buggy tactics on PC for DBD and their sensitive is way higher than ours so they can 360 etc. a lot faster. On PC there’s an advantage as killer where when you’re carrying someone you can keep hitting and it will keep pushing forward so you can put them on the hook faster.

Oh, I'm thinking crossplay exclusively with consoles.

I voted that I'm 100% not against it with the caveat that I wouldn't want to see PC crossplay for most games due to the distinct advantage PC gamers would have. 

Honestly I'm against it in principle. 

As mentioned before, console vs PC crossplay would be devastating to the console players. There's simply too much data that says Mouse/Keyboard grants an advantage over controllers, in terms of accuracy. I could technically make a M/K work on a console, but what's the point of a console then?

I'm also against console crossplay entirely. If I can grab console A for $400 and console B for $500, what motivation is there to buy the more expensive system? A cross play game would need to function on the weaker system's specs and as a result, the quality if the game would decrease. Might be fine for Xbox vs Playstation, but what happens if Nintendo jumps into crossplay, with their hardware being traditionally leagues behind the other big 2? 

I don't mind crossplay, but I don't prefer it (at the moment). Normally I disable the crossplay option so that it's more of an even playing field (looking at you, PC players). All of my friends are on PS too, so I don't need to enable it. If they were spread out on PC and XBOX, I think I would be more interested and get more use out of it. It's a great feature to have, for sure, but I keep it disabled for now.

Edited by Mayellie
  • Like 1

The option should be given to the player. (See PVP)

Coming from PC a couple of years ago, I thought cross play was already a thing (and paying for Online was weird).

XBONE / PS4 should have already been a thing. No point keeping these communities separate (Sony's fault, I know).

XBTWO / PS5 should be with the above as well. Advantages here of course. But like with PC players, 2K tower player vs the budget player, that's fine.

Co-op (vs AI/PVE): Everyone together, but should have a Report feature. If there are significant MVP awards, have a disable option.

Player vs Player: Console players should have the option to disable being matched with PC players. Some games like Rocket League offer a pretty level playing field. Many games do not. 

It's more than just M+KB advantage. PC players have more Video settings than the consoles Brightness setting. PC players can up the FOV to see more around them, they can turn off shadows to light up dark spots.

Completely dark at night time for you console player? It's day time for me with ReShade! (not a cheat)

Then there are PC cheaters. Anti Cheat isn't 100%. It could take months to find and detect new ones. They start off paid/private before they are available to the masses. One of the reasons I quit Rust a couple years back. Rust has anticheat. Still get hit with 100 arrows to the head in 5 seconds through a wall from a mile away...

I am very much in favor of crossplay, for me the benefits far outweigh the potential negatives. However I would never enable crossplay with PC if I was playing a shooter on console, k+m is too much of an advantage. So bottom line, the player should always have the option to turn it on or off.

Also, I very much dislike the whole generalization of PC players I see when topics like this are brought up, there are gamers on every platform that if they can they will cheat.

Edited by sillyrobo75

Not entirely against crossplay to be honest. I think turning it off against PC is a good idea, people can do all sorts of hacks and stuff on there but between consoles I genuinely don't mind it.

Don't really know anyone over on Xbox but it fills the game up a lot more than just one side.