Possible PS Plus Title in June

Sorry in advance if a thread speculating this exists but Press Start just reported that the game was free for a while on the store with the ps plus symbol beside it. This pretty much confirms that its one of the free titles for June. 

https://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2020/05/26/spider-man-was-temporarily-free-on-the-playstation-store-suggesting-it-could-be-a-june-playstation-plus-game/

1 minute ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

I already have the plat on this, if the dlc was included, woot... if not, ehhhh maybe it'll be on sale? /wishful thinking

I have the plat and paid for the dlc at launch so nothing for me here besides getting access to a digital copy. just hoping the NA version reads my asia disc version save otherwise that's useless. Would like to do the NG+ ultimate playthrough some day for 100% completion. Only two trophies i'm missing 

17 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

I have the plat and paid for the dlc at launch so nothing for me here besides getting access to a digital copy. just hoping the NA version reads my asia disc version save otherwise that's useless. Would like to do the NG+ ultimate playthrough some day for 100% completion. Only two trophies i'm missing 

Saves are region locked, so you'd be out of luck there.

9 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

I'd buy it just to buy it. Plus I had to sell my physical copy for money a while ago, so it'd always be nice to have on on demand.

I mean, you wouldn't have to buy it if it was free on PlayStation Plus and you're a member. You'd just have to add it to your library.

It would be cool if this is a free title for June PS+. It’s an amazing game that more people should play.

I just hope that Sony won’t use this as an excuse to give us weak games for the following months. “wE gAvE yOu GuYs SpIdErMaN tHaT oNe TiMe sO yOu CaN’t CoMpLaIn AbOuT tHiS oThEr ShOvElWaRe We’Re GoNnA gIvE yOu”

Hopefully it’s the start of a future streak of strong game lineups instead. Fingers crossed! :D

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Saves are region locked, so you'd be out of luck there.

I thought as much. Well if it's true then it's great for those who don't own it 

23 minutes ago, Kulzyc said:

Probably the PSNow glitch. Sometimes when a game get added to PSNow you see the de PS+ logo on it

Oof if this is it then people are going to be very upset since their expectations are set now

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Oof if this is it then people are going to be very upset since their expectations are set now

I dont think peoples expectations will be too set. Last month rumours suggested it was dark souls and dying light and we ended up with farming sim and city skylines

3 hours ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

I already have the plat on this, if the dlc was included, woot... if not, ehhhh maybe it'll be on sale? /wishful thinking

They usually don't give away DLC with PS+, AFAIK it's so that the devs can get extra money on top of the very little that PS+ generates for them. That's why you have a lot of games with tons of DLC given away on PS+. 

Would be pretty disappointing considering 1. I already own it myself, but more importantly 2. During "Days Of Play" you get it Physically FOR FREE with any DualShock 4 Controller at EB Games (here in Australia) so it seems kinda pointless to give away a free game that your already giving away for free doesn't it? ?‍♂️ 

On 26/05/2020 at 8:40 PM, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Would be pretty disappointing considering 1. I already own it myself, but more importantly 2. During "Days Of Play" you get it Physically FOR FREE with any DualShock 4 Controller at EB Games (here in Australia) so it seems kinda pointless to give away a free game that your already giving away for free doesn't it? ?‍♂️ 

Not necessarily, not everyone would have chosen, or have played Spiderman. I have, so I'm not bothered.