Going for platinum!

FuriousDolphin

I am really enjoying the game and I am working through all the songs to get gold stars on every single song. Doing that will allow me to get a platinum trophy for this game!

Currently I have gold stars on 11 of the 33 songs. Yesterday I checked and on the final song ' Highway to Oblivion'  only 10 people have the gold stars. The most difficult song is G.O.A.T. I think and only 8 people have gold starred that song.

The total leaderboard on PSN currently has 10290 players, so it will be really cool to be one of the very few who platinumed this game. It will take a lot of practise!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, parkerdip said:

Good luck I have this and I like music rhythm games but Im finding this one the most challenging to get the hang of 

Thanks man!

How far are you? Did you get some gold stars yet? 

I have a pretty good strategy. I played all songs on advanced and 5 starred them on that difficulty. Then I moved to expert, I just 5 starred some of my favorite songs. I was then getting the hang of it and could 5 star more and more songs on expert. So then I had the feeling I could at least 5 star all expert songs.

And now I am at a point where I am very experienced in the expert songs. The way I practice for gold stars is to play a song 2 times on 80 % speed in the tutorial mode. This way I get a feeling for the mapping. I might do one more go at 90 % and then I just keep mastering the track. So far the earlier songs have been doable. So I wonder how far I can take it :D

As for the 1 billion points achievement I am now at 41 % 

Good luck! And I hope you get to join the club!

I bought this game after having an absolute blast with Beat Saber and needing some more VR rhythm goodness.

I love Audica. I love the extra complexity and mechanics it's got over Beat Saber, and how different it is. It isn't as difficult as it appears to be once you get the hang of it.

I saw that I had the chance to be the first to get the platinum and spent A LOT of time practicing until my arms felt numb. Initially I used to aim by looking over the barrel of the gun, but you get used to aiming without looking and focusing much more on the rhythm and the following targets.

I had a silent competition with @shddd and @awkwardadam, and I kept checking all song leaderboards for signs that I was losing ground to them :D 

I actually thank them for pushing me into achieving this crazy feat. 

I have to agree that G.O.A.T. is tough. Took me the most tries to get the gold in. The point threshold is pretty strict and I think it's the song with the most annoying target combinations and rhythm. Highway to Oblivion is actually one of the songs I had the most fun with, even though it destroyed my trigger fingers due to the incredible amount of targets you have to hit.

Keep at it! :)

Edited by Soraking1991
  • Like 4

On 6/1/2020 at 10:49 AM, Soraking1991 said:

Good luck! And I hope you get to join the club!

I bought this game after having an absolute blast with Beat Saber and needing some more VR rhythm goodness.

I love Audica. I love the extra complexity and mechanics it's got over Beat Saber, and how different it is. It isn't as difficult as it appears to be once you get the hang of it.

I saw that I had the chance to be the first to get the platinum and spent A LOT of time practicing until my arms felt numb. Initially I used to aim by looking over the barrel of the gun, but you get used to aiming without looking and focusing much more on the rhythm and the following targets.

I had a silent competition with @shddd and @awkwardadam, and I kept checking all song leaderboards for signs that I was losing ground to them :D 

I actually thank them for pushing me into achieving this crazy feat. 

I have to agree that G.O.A.T. is tough. Took me the most tries to get the gold in. The point threshold is pretty strict and I think it's the song with the most annoying target combinations and rhythm. Highway to Oblivion is actually one of the songs I had the most fun with, even though it destroyed my trigger fingers due to the incredible amount of targets you have to hit.

Keep at it! :)

Ah that is so awesome to read!! I got two more songs with golden stars now. I am just at the half way point. There is still a lot to be conquered in the Audica realm haha. But I will keep practicing for sure. I also think I will enjoy getting better at Highway to Oblivion more then G.O.A.T. For now I let those two songs rest and I will focus on the other songs first :D

I already broke one of my move controllers. The trigger button is not 100 % responsive and that really is needed in such a rhythm game. I will get a new one, as I will continue my path to be one of the few gamers to have this game as a platinum trophy. A lot of practice will be needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought Audica and I am absolutely loving it. Initially it felt like such a step down from Beat Saber but now that I have made it to the Expert levels I actually think that the complexity of the mechanics and how well they implemented it makes it a contender to be the best VR rhythm game on PS4. I also am starting my gold star run and I only finished 16 songs. Surprisingly the hardest song for me to get the gold star in so far was "Decode Me". Getting the platinum in this game may be one of my most accomplished gaming moments ever!

• Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 10:34 PM, DarthMagnus0605 said:

I recently bought Audica and I am absolutely loving it. Initially it felt like such a step down from Beat Saber but now that I have made it to the Expert levels I actually think that the complexity of the mechanics and how well they implemented it makes it a contender to be the best VR rhythm game on PS4. I also am starting my gold star run and I only finished 16 songs. Surprisingly the hardest song for me to get the gold star in so far was "Decode Me". Getting the platinum in this game may be one of my most accomplished gaming moments ever!

That is amazing! I still need to get gold stars on 14 songs. It is a very challenging trophy for me. But it is nice to get back to the game every now and again. I do agree that I enjoy it more then Beat Saber due to its complexity. To be able to get gold stars on the later songs you really have to be in hyper focus mode the entire song. 

Let me know how you progress. I would love to hear it : )

Hmm, I see this game on sale, and it looks like Beat Saber. I think I might purchase it! Though, i'd appreciate if someone like @Soraking1991 could make a trophy guide, so I know what I'm in for. Low amount of plat earners is definitely worrisome, but I think the game might be fun to play.

So as of right now I finished the campaign and I only have 4 more songs to Gold Star:

Overtime

G.O.A.T

Adrenaline

Highway to Oblivion

This will probably be the hardest part however as I hear that both G.O.A.T and Highway to Oblivion are the hardest songs to Gold Star. So far my experience has been awesome except for one really frustrating issue. I understand that the Move controllers use the Playstation Camera to detect its position but the game sometimes requires notes that overlap or are very close to each other. This has caused me to have the game glitch out and miss notes because my Move controllers come to close together. I try my best to adjust and I know that it is not the game's fault but it is frustrating nonetheless. The other issue is having me worried however. When I go to my song list I see that I have the Gold Star for 29 songs. However, when I check the trophy tab in the game it says I only have the Gold Stars for 28 songs. I don't know if anyone else has run into this issue but I really am worried I will get the Gold Star for all songs and the trophy won't pop. I will give an update but if anyone else ran into this issue please let me know.

• Like 1

Good job @DarthMagnus0605 of getting down to only 4 songs left. I haven't played in a long time. I should get back into it. I didn't notice that the game miscalculated. I will pay attention to it, next time I go into the game. 

Keep up the great effort man! Looks like you will join the platinum club before me ?

On 9/11/2020 at 9:40 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Hmm, I see this game on sale, and it looks like Beat Saber. I think I might purchase it! Though, i'd appreciate if someone like @Soraking1991 could make a trophy guide, so I know what I'm in for. Low amount of plat earners is definitely worrisome, but I think the game might be fun to play.

I'm not entirely sure a trophy guide would help much in this case, actually. Most of the trophies involve grinding and "getting good" at the game. It's very skill-dependent.

I would most certainly pick this up if you're into rhythm games, specially in VR. It's challenging but very fun, increasing the difficulty of the game makes it even more fun. IMHO, the platinum is more difficult than Beat Saber's because the game itself is more complex due to the different types of notes you have to hit. Interestingly, while in Beat Saber my arms got tired first after playing a while; in Audica my trigger fingers gave out first :P

Once you find the flow of a song, it isn't really that difficult. G.O.A.T. was an exception for me because I couldn't write get into the rhythm of the song and its notes, but that's the song I had the most trouble to Gold Star and it maybe took me about 25 tries. There's a mode in which you can actually play around specific sections of a song and change the speed in order to practice the sequence if you feel like your head can't quite understanding what's happening.

It's not easy, but it's not unfairly difficult either. The low plat % is probably due to people giving up (also, there's a bit of a grind involved).

Hope this cleared some of your doubts ;) 

• Like 2

So, the game is currently in the VR sale, and I'm thinking about getting it. There is the base version of the game, but there is also one with the 2019 season pass, which includes like 15 new songs or whatever. 

What would you guys recommend getting? Are the 15 songs worth the extra 12€ or so? And do they help making the plat any more manageable? 

Thanks for any info!! :)

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 5:50 AM, Soraking1991 said:

I'm not entirely sure a trophy guide would help much in this case, actually. Most of the trophies involve grinding and "getting good" at the game. It's very skill-dependent.

I would most certainly pick this up if you're into rhythm games, specially in VR. It's challenging but very fun, increasing the difficulty of the game makes it even more fun. IMHO, the platinum is more difficult than Beat Saber's because the game itself is more complex due to the different types of notes you have to hit. Interestingly, while in Beat Saber my arms got tired first after playing a while; in Audica my trigger fingers gave out first :P

Once you find the flow of a song, it isn't really that difficult. G.O.A.T. was an exception for me because I couldn't write get into the rhythm of the song and its notes, but that's the song I had the most trouble to Gold Star and it maybe took me about 25 tries. There's a mode in which you can actually play around specific sections of a song and change the speed in order to practice the sequence if you feel like your head can't quite understanding what's happening.

It's not easy, but it's not unfairly difficult either. The low plat % is probably due to people giving up (also, there's a bit of a grind involved).

Hope this cleared some of your doubts ;) 

As long as it provides better feedback than BoxVR, I should be good. Because that game doesn't respond accurately to my movements, whereas Beat Saber mostly does.

2 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

As long as it provides better feedback than BoxVR, I should be good. Because that game doesn't respond accurately to my movements, whereas Beat Saber mostly does.

You might find some tracking issues when pointing (i.e. shooting) straight at the camera (breaking the camera's line-of-sight to the headset), otherwise it works pretty well from what I remember. There's good feedback on the Move controllers when shooting and then there's visual and sound feedback for when you hit a target. Also, except for one trophy, you will have the massive help of aim-assist which will make you feel like a pro if you shoot in the general direction of the target ;) 

BoxVR was a bit weird with the tracking: some punches, especially the uppercuts, I had to do in an unnatural way for them to register.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soraking1991 said:

BoxVR was a bit weird with the tracking: some punches, especially the uppercuts, I had to do in an unnatural way for them to register.

Yeah, I can't get the uppercuts to work. No matter what angle I go in from. The other punches work pretty well.

On 16/09/2020 at 10:50 AM, Soraking1991 said:

If I was to write a guide on this game, I would probably include the estimated score requirements for what each song needs for a gold star, probably based on the lowest score seen that still counts for a gold star. Mainly because the game does kind of a bad job doing this itself.

On 17/09/2020 at 0:13 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

I'm not sure when you played Beat Saber, but that game at launch was nothing compared to how it is now in terms of tracking. The devs had to put a lot of work into making the game feel smoother on all platforms, which is why getting an SS rank is far easier than it was when it first came out. Just a shame more devs don't consider this when porting games to the PSVR.

Also, on the subject of gold stars, I was going to say how I found this Steam guide which gives the maximum possible scores but doesn't actually say what the gold star requirements are, however it seems like its been updated recently to say that the gold star requirements are 90% of the maximum total score.

Using G.O.A.T as an example, which has a maximum of '3,696,875' points available, 90% of which would be '3,327,188' making that the gold star threshold. And from what I can see on the leaderboard, the lowest gold star that I can see is '3,330,796' points, so I would say that this is accurate.

Feel free to look for yourself, hope this helps some of you guys at least.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1725944274

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

Holy shit! I know this is not the end of the journey but I can't believe I got the gold star in G.O.A.T.!!! That took me so many tries and rage inducing moments but I finally finished it. If all goes well I only have 2 more songs to gold star and I will finally get the infamous Bodhisattva trophy. 

Congratulations dude!!!! You can do this!!!! Keep us posted :D

5 hours ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

Holy shit! I know this is not the end of the journey but I can't believe I got the gold star in G.O.A.T.!!! That took me so many tries and rage inducing moments but I finally finished it. If all goes well I only have 2 more songs to gold star and I will finally get the infamous Bodhisattva trophy. 

Nice!

Hey! I still see my name up there! :D

Not as high as it was back in the day, but I'm not a score-chasing person anyway

Don't give up! You're nearly there! :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

OH MY GOD! I finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was easily one of the hardest trophies I ever had to earn but easily the most satisfying. I am now only 50 gold stars away from getting that beautiful platinum trophy!!

Wooohoooo! Congrats! You're nearly there! 

Funny how it says 49/681 targets hit xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

@Soraking1991, @DarthMagnus0605. Well, I'm still playing through the game for fun, and boy is it a LOT of fun and haven't really thought about the Platinum other than "this is going to kick my ass at my current skill." 

I did complete my first gold run yesterday but Jesus, that was insane. It really requires a full combo? Are you serious? That was annoying to miss ONE note and still not get the gold run. I'm pretty sure I got the very lowest score possible for it as well haha. I'm definitely getting better, but gold starring all songs seems impossible, much less 5 stars on expert. 

Edit: I completed the last song, Highway To Oblivion, 5 stars, on standard and unlocked the respective trophies for 5 starring all main songs on standard & beginner. I then 5 starred it on advanced and the trophy for 5 starring all songs on advanced did not pop. In game tracker says 32/33 songs on advanced, but all songs show 5 stars. Any advice? 

Edited by MikeCheck--