Going for platinum!

FuriousDolphin

18 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I did complete my first gold run yesterday but Jesus, that was insane. It really requires a full combo? Are you serious? That was annoying to miss ONE note and still not get the gold run. I'm pretty sure I got the very lowest score possible for it as well haha. I'm definitely getting better, but gold starring all songs seems impossible, much less 5 stars on expert. 

There are some songs where you can get away with not getting a full combo on the song. If I'm still on the leaderboards, you'll see there are some songs in which my high score is not a full combo :)

18 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Edit: I completed the last song, Highway To Oblivion, 5 stars, on standard and unlocked the respective trophies for 5 starring all main songs on standard & beginner. I then 5 starred it on advanced and the trophy for 5 starring all songs on advanced did not pop. I used practice mode a bit but reset it before 5 starring it. I’ve since deleted the game and my save data and replayed it and still no trophy. Now I’m discouraged from the game. What if I 5 star all songs on expert and it still doesn’t pop? In game tracker says 32/33 songs however but all songs show 5 stars. Any advice? 

I'm sorry to hear that happened... I would suggest you play through all songs again 5-starring them, even though it's quite a commitment and hopefully that will unlock the trophy. Take it as practice for Expert ?

Hope you manage to fix this!

@Soraking1991 Thanks for the reply! Yeah the game is amazing & it'll be points towards the "One Billion" trophy but I'm cautious it won't pop. Doing the songs on advanced isn't too bad, I got most 5 stars in one attempt. I guess I'll start from the bottom of the list and work my way up and pray it pops early.

This reminded me, I had earned the trophy "Complete 10 Full Combos" but the in game tracker said 9/10 lol. Can I add you as a friend to compare scores Sora?

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

@Soraking1991, @DarthMagnus0605. Well, I'm still playing through the game for fun, and boy is it a LOT of fun and haven't really thought about the Platinum other than "this is going to kick my ass at my current skill." 

I did complete my first gold run yesterday but Jesus, that was insane. It really requires a full combo? Are you serious? That was annoying to miss ONE note and still not get the gold run. I'm pretty sure I got the very lowest score possible for it as well haha. I'm definitely getting better, but gold starring all songs seems impossible, much less 5 stars on expert. 

Edit: I completed the last song, Highway To Oblivion, 5 stars, on standard and unlocked the respective trophies for 5 starring all main songs on standard & beginner. I then 5 starred it on advanced and the trophy for 5 starring all songs on advanced did not pop. I used practice mode a bit but reset it before 5 starring it. I’ve since deleted the game and my save data and replayed it and still no trophy. Now I’m discouraged from the game. What if I 5 star all songs on expert and it still doesn’t pop? In game tracker says 32/33 songs however but all songs show 5 stars. Any advice? 

Sounds like a strange bug. I personally haven't gone for the 5-stars in a while, but the only thing I can think to do is to replay every song in the game and get 5 stars in each until you find the one that's causing the issue. Hopefully it's one of the earlier ones, at least.

Best of luck.

Edit: didn't see there was a page 2 of this thread, my bad lol.

Edited by wltrsjcwvita
  • Like 1

Update on “Lazer Priest - Advanced” not popping:

So I found out what it was... on “Addicted To A Dream” the 5 stars were displayed on the song list. However, when clicking on the song and looking left to see previous attempts, there were none for 5 stars. Upon completing that amazing song on 5 stars, the trophy popped!

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Update on “Lazer Priest - Advanced” not popping:

So I found out what it was... on “Addicted To A Dream” the 5 stars were displayed on the song list. However, when clicking on the song and looking left to see previous attempts, there were none for 5 stars. Upon completing that amazing song on 5 stars, the trophy popped!

Hey! Glad you found it! Weird glitch there though...

Good luck with Expert ?

Prospector x10: Ten Gold Star Runs

dYvmhjW_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Ta-da! 10 Gold Star runs (first 10 songs) ... on the easiest ones to Gold Star I’m sure! I guess I’m hijacking this thread... might as well rename it to “The Official Audica Progression Discussion Thread” hah!

I just started playing again two days ago and went straight into the campaign on Expert. Completed the first section and got stuck fairly quickly on the second section. From there I figured I’d start attempting to 5 star the main songs in order as they seem to get more difficult as you go down the list. I was able to Gold Star the first 10 songs before returning to the campaign, and now progressing through it nicely.

As determined as I am to get good at this game, it’s kicking my ass, and I’m not sure if I’ll end up getting Platinum. Currently, I’ll practice a song on 80-90% speed before running it, but still proving to be overwhelmingly difficult. I hate it when the game throws the “here, cross your arms to hit these notes that swapped sides” the most for sure. 

Edited by MikeCheck--

I have been reading people having this problem. When I count my gold star progress it also doesnt add up for me. It would be crazy to gold star all songs and then the trophy to not pop. I do not have a solution though. Other then perhaps replaying all those songs on 5 stars. Let me know if ti gets fixed for you.

Lazer Priest - Expert

kEbbXzg_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Hopped on to play for just a couple hours today and managed to pull this off! 5 Starring isn’t too difficult, a lot of room for error. Now time to practice each song and see how far I can get! I really love G.O.A.T., and Highway To Oblivion, straight forward with no target screen swaps! I’m on 11 Gold Stars.

Also, @FuriousDolphin, I was able to figure it out, I replied or mentioned the solution above in the thread. Side note: I see your name on the leaderboards as well as @DarthMagnus0605 and @Soraking1991quite often, higher than mine ?

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 3:20 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

Lazer Priest - Expert

Hopped on to play for just a couple hours today and managed to pull this off! 5 Starring isn’t too difficult, a lot of room for error. Now time to practice each song and see how far I can get! I really love G.O.A.T., and Highway To Oblivion, straight forward with no target screen swaps! I’m on 11 Gold Stars.

Also, @FuriousDolphin, I was able to figure it out, I replied or mentioned the solution above in the thread. Side note: I see your name on the leaderboards as well as @DarthMagnus0605 and @Soraking1991quite often, higher than mine 1f605.png

Hey @MikeCheck--! Awesome to see you are enjoying the game. I haven't played in a while, to mountain towards platinum looked a bit too steep for me. Getting 5 stars on platinum is indeed doable. But to gold star a stong you need almost a perfect run. I do should get back into the grind and try to get better. At the moment I am working hard to do a 15 platinum rain day. I finish a game with 1 trophy left and then I will pop the platinum trophies on 1 day. I compete with somebody to have the most platinums. So it is a fun thing to do. Hopefully when that is done I will get back into Audica. It really is an amazing game! 

Good luck going for those gold stars :)

• Like 1

I wasn’t going to post an update, but how is this NOT a Gold Run LOL? I had been practicing this song more than any previous song, due to one section of notes... I’m so disheartened.

I have 5 songs left:

- I Feel Love

- Overtime

- G.O.A.T.

- Adrenaline 

- Highway To Oblivion 

YuW1y7D_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edit: Well, I followed the chains with an average of 100 points which made a difference. I got gold Star, with full combo. I hate this song. How people got gold Star without full combo is beyond me. So now, four songs left 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!! This song is third from last but I’ve been told the hardest one due to a certain section at 1:11, and tricky note combinations. Took me HOURS of practicing.

Two songs left:

- Adrenaline

- Highway To Oblivion

Still have work to do! @FuriousDolphin Hope the Plat rain is going well, you should hop back into Audica, it's an amazing game. If I can pull this off if would be my most proud platinum to date, easily. Farpoint was hard, but the number of users makes the rarity dip. 

0PeAwad_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

“Superhuman” reflexes are needed to achieve this plat!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I’ve finally joined the “Audica Platinum Club” as the tenth member! What. A. Game. What a run for the Platinum. What was impossible and daunting got better with each attempt. I thought GOAT was about to stop me. 

Thanks everyone for their tips and @Dani_Comaas well!

yweq0X4_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

“Superhuman” reflexes are needed to achieve this plat!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I’ve finally joined the “Audica Platinum Club” as the tenth member! What. A. Game. What a run for the Platinum. What was impossible and daunting got better with each attempt. I thought GOAT was about to stop me. 

Thanks everyone for their tips and @Dani_Comaas well!

yweq0X4_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Nice one dude! Hopefully one day I can bring myself to get it too ?

• Like 1

Kind of a lengthy post, will post TL;DR at the bottom.

So I may have made a rather large discovery, something that is likely obvious to some people but after solving it, is basically the only reason that I'm able to platinum this game.

I've played Audica on the Quest for about a year now, and with that I've managed to GS basically all of the difficult songs, including G.O.A.T, HtO, and most of the album versions. However, for some reason, when I would try to take my skills into the PSVR version, I was getting nowhere near GS on even the easiest songs; and when I got an FC on G.O.A.T back in December that was around 50k off of GS, I was on the verge of giving up. Main reason was that I blamed the PS Move's poor tracking that was likely throwing my aim off and making me miss out on a shit ton of points.

I believed that was true, until about 4 days ago. I went back to play G.O.A.T again, got a 100% OS (1 misfire), meaning that I still got points for every note, and I was 100k off of GS this time. However, the one thing that I noticed was that my aim wasn't that bad, around 640/750, but my timing was terrible, something like 580 or 590/750. At times when I was hitting notes perfectly, I was getting around 1400s for them, so I knew something was up.

Something that I noticed was weird was the fact that this game has a built-in calibration system. Makes sense, it is a rhythm game after all. I'm sure Harmonix of all devs know what they're doing with this sort of thing, but it seemed strange to me considering the fact that you can only have 1 (technically 2 I suppose) types of PSVR, then why would you need to calibrate it if the game is designed for the platform. But this feature itself isn't the issue, the main issue is that by default, the calibration is set to 20/-40 (20ms for video, -40ms for input) which for a rhythm game is quite an extreme and odd choice. Simply put, I set the calibration to 0/0, and after 1 attempt at G.O.A.T that was like a -7, it already beat the 100% I had gotten like 5 minutes before. A few tries later, and what do you know:

HT2qVC7.jpg

Since I've gotten that run, everything else has been pretty much easy. According to the game's tracker, I'm currently at like 98% with about 350 million more points to go. Trying to get the last 9 trophies to line up together, so wish me luck on that one.

Don't want to post too many screenshots in here or try to flex too hard, so I'll throw everything in this Imgur album to show that I think I may be on to something. Obviously this won't help out some new player who's just starting out, but if you're skilled enough to get like -3 on most songs, this may be of use to you.

TL;DR: I set my calibration to 0/0 and all of a sudden I'm getting wayyyy more points on timing.

• Like 2

On 2021-06-07 at 10:14 AM, wltrsjcwvita said:

But this feature itself isn't the issue, the main issue is that by default, the calibration is set to 20/-40 (20ms for video, -40ms for input) which for a rhythm game is quite an extreme and odd choice. Simply put, I set the calibration to 0/0, and after 1 attempt at G.O.A.T that was like a -7, it already beat the 100% I had gotten like 5 minutes before. A few tries later, and what do you know:

Yeah, I had an issue with this as well. When I first played the game I had set my calibration . . . seemed to work and score fine for slower songs and lower difficulties, but as the tempo ramped along with the difficulty I noticed my score was dipping. I had to recalibrate the timing and input again, which assisted and reflected my current Audica skill level! I imagine going from Quest to PSVR also makes a difference. What songs do you have left? Good luck!!

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Yeah, I had an issue with this as well. When I first played the game I had set my calibration . . . seemed to work and score find for slower songs and lower difficulties but as the tempo ramped along with the difficulty I noticed my score was dipping. I had to recalibrate the timing and input again, which assisted and reflected my current Audica skill level! I imagine going from Quest to PSVR also makes a difference. What songs do you have left? Good luck!!

Last song is just some random tier 1 song that I saved for last purely because I haven't gotten 5 stars on it before.

Currently grinding out 1 billion points, gone from around 33% to 85% in like 3 days so hoping to get it done soon grinding out the HtO Album Version. Either way I'd say the platinum is guaranteed at this point. I suppose someone should start on a guide for this soon lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Last song is just some random tier 1 song that I saved for last purely because I haven't gotten 5 stars on it before.

Currently grinding out 1 billion points, gone from around 33% to 85% in like 3 days so hoping to get it done soon grinding out the HtO Album Version. Either way I'd say the platinum is guaranteed at this point. I suppose someone should start on a guide for this soon lol.

I was considering doing the guide because I did the math for 90% of each song... based on the Steam points guide. 

However I think the Steam guide covers pretty much all of it. This game is just about practicing honestly! Congrats on joining the club! Feels like it’s been forever since a new member joined ?

• Like 2

Custom Audica PSVR Game Case:

I had this commissioned by a very busy Etsy user (https://etsy.me/2Ohwjxy). After noticing their work on Vita replacement cases, I thought of having an Audica case made.

The game is amazing and never received a physical release. I was able to get the Platinum after nearly 70 hours (see the back screenshot) ;)

Check out their work if you have time!

cVyhlIe_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

UBJOZlN_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

uE7estO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 8:33 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

I was considering doing the guide because I did the math for 90% of each song... based on the Steam points guide. 

However I think the Steam guide covers pretty much all of it. This game is just about practicing honestly! Congrats on joining the club! Feels like it’s been forever since a new member joined ?

Finally platinumed Beat Saber and moving on to this! Liking it so far, and I'm determined to be #12 or #13!

• Like 3

On 16/06/2021 at 4:47 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Custom Audica PSVR Game Case:

I had this commissioned by a very busy Etsy user (https://etsy.me/2Ohwjxy). After noticing their work on Vita replacement cases, I thought of having an Audica case made.

The game is amazing and never received a physical release. I was able to get the Platinum after nearly 70 hours (see the back screenshot) ;)

Check out their work if you have time!

cVyhlIe_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

UBJOZlN_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

uE7estO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

That's a sick case to be fair. I'm not a huge physical copy kind of guy, but I probably would've for something like this game.

On 17/06/2021 at 7:49 PM, KyonKuchiki said:

Finally platinumed Beat Saber and moving on to this! Liking it so far, and I'm determined to be #12 or #13!

Congrats on the Beat Saber platinum, hope you enjoy this game too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome job @MikeCheck-- and @wltrsjcwvita for getting platinums on this game. 

I did finish my platinum bomb :D Uncharted was my number 100. 

Switch to Fallout Shelter and Rift Apart. Haven't played VR a lot lately. But you guys inspire me to not give up on this game

It is a true gem and the platinum is still on my radar!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I tried this for the first time today, and went stright for standard mode campain, after half way trough i figured id try expert. I must say its the same feeling i had when trying expert on beat saber the first time surviving for like 15 seconds. Not sure i will be going for the platinum here as it seems harder than beat saber. What do you think, is it a lot harder then beat saber?

5 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

I tried this for the first time today, and went stright for standard mode campain, after half way trough i figured id try expert. I must say its the same feeling i had when trying expert on beat saber the first time surviving for like 15 seconds. Not sure i will be going for the platinum here as it seems harder than beat saber. What do you think, is it a lot harder then beat saber?

It is a lot harder than Beat Saber.

Way much more complicated, different mechanics, crazy patterns. Beat Saber is a piece of cake in compare to Audica, so a huge respect to all platinum achievers.

(Personal opinion, I tried it on alt. account - so far I gave up).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smashero said:

It is a lot harder than Beat Saber.

Way much more complicated, different mechanics, crazy patterns. Beat Saber is a piece of cake in compare to Audica, so a huge respect to all platinum achievers.

(Personal opinion, I tried it on alt. account - so far I gave up).

I guessed, i havent gotten used to expert yet. Playing on alt account as well, but i know i. Ould do it, i also plat dick wilde which only 4 or 5 people have 100%, and that game was brutal as well

btw how do you go about? Do stright for expert and slow down speed and slightly raise it, or start with standard then advanced and then move on

Edited by Megaman80
  • Like 1