This game is unfair

On 2022-05-21 at 8:52 AM, KenjiCBZ said:

but its Platinum was very rewarding and I think it was worth it. Definitely one of the best experiences I ever had on a PS4 game 1f60a.png

Well that’s good to hear. Almost everyone I’ve heard from seems to say the same thing about WipeOut, which is why this is not a game I’d want to skip. As long as it feels rewarding and worthwhile then the struggle is worth it.

The problem with some of these other racing games I’ve played is that they don’t feel that way at all. You get all the frustration and rage, with nothing but a flood of relief when you finally reach the end.

On 21/05/2022 at 4:52 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

Yeah but there is a line between difficult and cheap that shouldn't be crossed. Standard races in the HD Campaign fuck that line :P

@dieselmanchild Go for it. The game is very unforgiving and requires a lot of skill, and as i said the HD Races are complete bullshit, but if you can clear them, then you can definitely clear everything else and get the Platinum. I had raged at this game countless times, but its Platinum was very rewarding and I think it was worth it. Definitely one of the best experiences I ever had on a PS4 game ?

I know I said this to you before but wanted to say it again. It was amazing that you went back to finish the game off awhile back especially as you kept at it to get better & better. It was really nice to see so nice going dude!

On 22/05/2022 at 11:47 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Well that’s good to hear. Almost everyone I’ve heard from seems to say the same thing about WipeOut, which is why this is not a game I’d want to skip. As long as it feels rewarding and worthwhile then the struggle is worth it.

The problem with some of these other racing games I’ve played is that they don’t feel that way at all. You get all the frustration and rage, with nothing but a flood of relief when you finally reach the end.

The game is a decent challenge but whilst there are racing games that are way harder out there, you just finished a game which had much more relentless AI & overall a much more frustrating experience. I think you will enjoy it a lot & if you need anything then feel free to message if there's something you need to know. It won't be as frustrating as what you just finished though as there is a huge difference between the AI so you'll be absolutely fine. It's an amazing game!

There are a lot of things that aren't widely known such as stuff like the best overall ship to use as well as general tips & most reliable playstyle. The Zone mode is useful since it can increase the level you can play at & the speed that you can handle so I definitely recommend this mode for everyone.

I still have a few videos to put up where I did Beat Zico 2048 back to back as well as some other stuff that I did. I really enjoy the Zone part of these games & sometimes it's nice to get back on to the game to do Beat Zico 2048 since it's the more fun one lol.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 3

Alright so I thought to give my two cents now that I'm done with the game and while its still fresh on my mind.

The fact that people think that this is "luck based" platinum is absolutely beyond me. If it was then the platinum will be alot more common plain and simple. Sure the AI at times can be relentless and shoot you on the last stretch of the race and taking your gold, but that will happen once every 500 tracks or so, it happened to me just once through my platinum journey. And I'm usually the guy known for having the worst luck on truly luck based trophies, but not here. I was able to pretty much gold/elite pass everything my first time through (with the exception of Zone events on the 2048 campaing, 2049 6-2, a few single races on Meltdown and a couple Zone battles on Fury) and I'm sure many other players that played the original HD or 2048 find themselves on the same page. 

Thinking that the type of pickups you get will determine if you win or not tells me that you got the wrong approach and most likely the wrong race line. If you make the best out of the thing you get and know how to play with the pickups knowing when to absorb, when to save and when to use them it will never feel unfair.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad that you were able to go back and develop the neccesary skill, reflexes and knowledge for the plat. But I call that determination, not luck.

And to anyone shying away from the game thinking that is unfair or luck based then please don't. You are missing on one of the greates racing games out there and it has become more easier now than the original versions due to how smooth the PS4 system runs it and how responsive the controls are. Truly a masterpiece and had tons of fun with it from start to finish.

On 5/23/2022 at 3:06 AM, Destructor-8 said:

There are a lot of things that aren't widely known such as stuff like the best overall ship to use as well as general tips & most reliable playstyle.

That will be interesting to see as I'm sure you have spend a lot more time on the game than most of us and I'm sure many players will be thankful for those tips as I felt the guide here was missing a few things. You had some great times and records, specially on zone mode man props! ?

Edited by Abraniell
  • Like 1

I don't change my mind at all honestly, luck plays a vital role in elite races in HD Campaign imo. And of course it was mostly determination that made me get the Platinum, I improved a lot. But I swear that two years ago there were sessions where I was going insane with all the bad luck I had.

And yes I agree with you, this is absolutely a great game and everyone should give it a try ;)

• Like 1

I completed wipeout on vita, ps3 and ps4. All i can say is that game is 99% pure skill. 1% of luck goes for one battle event in 2048 campaign. If someone thinks its luck thats only mean you have to learn a lot about this game. There are lots of shortcuts, most of them are usable only with boost in right place. You must learn when to use weapon or absorb it, when to barrel or not, when to use useful perks. Every race even with super bad rng can be finished with your win. Wipeout is the best and most enjoyable racing game on ps.

47 minutes ago, Abraniell said:

That will be interesting to see as I'm sure you have spend a lot more time on the game than most of us and I'm sure many players will be thankful for those tips as I felt the guide here was missing a few things. You had some great times and records, specially on zone mode man props! 1f44a.png

Thanks dude! I saw you were getting through it pretty fast so nice going on finishing it! I would say there is only one or two events that are truly luck based. The pickups can be useful sometimes but are only necessary up to a point with enough practice. I have actually set my own personal campaign speedrun records where I get through everything back to back. I set it & then on the same day I beat it to the point where it can't be finished any faster. I have some more videos to put up for this game so I should get around to doing that.

34 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Is this the same game as WipEout HD for PS3, or is it completely different? How do they compare in terms of difficulty. WipEout HD was pretty brutal. 

It's a combination of Wipeout HD Fury & Wipeout 2048 so there is a lot more to do in the game. I have read a lot about Wipeout HD Fury being easier on this version however I never really noticed a difference as the AI always set the exact same times & if you do one version of the game then you can definitely do the other as well. The Wipeout 2048 requirements were made harder in this one so with all of it together I would say this game offers more of a challenge overall. If you need to know anything about it or need any recommendations then I can give advice.

33 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I don't change my mind at all honestly, luck plays a vital role in elite races in HD Campaign imo. And of course it was mostly determination that made me get the Platinum, I improved a lot. But I swear that two years ago there were sessions where I was going insane with all the bad luck I had.

And yes I agree with you, this is absolutely a great game and everyone should give it a try ;)

Yeah the game is definitely worth going for since it is such a great game.

Edited by Destructor-8

22 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Is this the same game as WipEout HD for PS3, or is it completely different? How do they compare in terms of difficulty. WipEout HD was pretty brutal. 

i think ai in wipeout hd is more smart then in this collection. Overall collection is harder, because some events in 2024 are brutal. Some requirements were changed in hard way in comparison with vita version. Fury isnt that bad.

• 2 months later...

I started in the 2048 campaign and struggling with the time trials, not sure if it will be easier with a different ship. Only have 2 ships unlocked currently fasier and something else. So far I find this game 10/10 difficulty xD, Going to keep at it and probably update again if I plat it or give up completely.

• Like 1

alright I'm back, the plat is pretty much mine now just need the online trophy to get it :).

This game is a bit unfair and my 10/10 difficulty but it was also loads of fun. The only parts I had problems with was the wipeout 2048 campaign the zones section of it and both zicos. And a few races I needed to retry due to the ai ganging up on me xD 

• Like 1