GIONAScm2's Dispute

54 posts in this topic

It does kinda sound like some people are saying that it doesnt matter if you get a trophy legit if you sync late because you simply forgot that ps3 doesnt auto sync that means your suspicious.

Why is this dispute still going, theres been no real evidence hes done anything wrong.

So to clarify , if I go back and finish old ps3 games from years ago that I started and never finished , I'll be flagged ? Cause that's how I read all this.  

2 minutes ago, zenovka said:

So to clarify , if I go back and finish old ps3 games from years ago that I started and never finished , I'll be flagged ? Cause that's how I read all this.  

No it's about syncing ps3 trophies months after you got the trophies.ps3 doesn't auto sync so you have to do them manually.

Some people will find going back to really old games suspicious but it's not flaggable I do it all the time.

3 minutes ago, zenovka said:

No, to clarify, the "issue" is that he played it offline (no trophy sync), then left that console unused/unsynced for some months before using it again and syncing, which puts it at an unusual placement on the trophy list.  Not exactly a flaggable offense

Did he not provide actual photo evidence of his innocence tho? 

Posted (edited)

What if someones ps3 breaks and is unable to go online but then months later gets fixed and then they can sync the game?

Or if they move to say a dorm and only bring a ps4 but have unsynced trophies on the ps3 so the syncing is very late as they have to wait till they go home.

What if someone just forgets to sync?

What if a ps3 is left in storage for years and upon getting it out they realise it had unsynced trophies on it?

What if it's a spare ps3 that's hardly used so it gets forgotten about?

Edited by charxsetsuna

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

What if someone just forgets to sync?

The issue goes beyond this flag. I mentioned I'll lift it.

The PS3 auto-syncs, if online, unless specifically manipulating it not to. This wasn't always how it was, but it is now. This case in question revolves around online trophies.

We also know what CFW patterns look like, etc, the tactics they use to make "legit looking orders" and it anyone could always use the excuse "I synced late" no matter what. When the OP has had someone use CFW on his account before, it's extremely suspicious and in his case very close matches known CFW patterns.

If we don't have some kind of control on late syncs going forward, similar to how using your own save is illegitimate, PSNP will just become a cheater haven. It's already near this point since we allow Vita users to transfer save files for the "Vita Trick" and exploit other inconsistencies, which contradict the rules.

Edited by B1rvine

With this kind of disputes I just value more the work of the CRT, having to deal with this everyday just because they want a clean LB, people pushing the boundaries of the rules just for the sake of it, and you only get more and more people complaining. Guys, every CFW, gamesave, or similar has a plausible solution if we want to look for it, but we all know that it isnt like that... Maybe if an UFO abduct me and I time travel 10 years in the future and came back to sync my well earned trophies... Why should I be flagged?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

The issue goes beyond this flag. I mentioned I'll lift it.

The PS3 auto-syncs, if online, unless specifically manipulating it not to. This wasn't always how it was, but it is now. This case in question revolves around online trophies.

We also know what CFW patterns look like, etc, the tactics they use to make "legit looking orders" and it anyone could always use the excuse "I synced late" no matter what. When the OP has had someone use CFW on his account before, it's extremely suspicious and in his case vey close matches known CFW patterns.

Not quite. All it takes to not have a game auto-sync to your account is to not go into a game signed into PSN. If you don't have Auto-sign in turned on then it's not going to auto-sync.

It is a VERY poor reason to have someone be flagged for late syncing though. I believe (especially since we have had PS4 auto-syncing for years now), some of us forget to sync and don't sync until months later, ESPECIALLY when it's another PS3 system we don't use often (like an alt PS3). I know you said you're lifting it, however, it's wrong and sets a bad precedent to say late syncs by a few months or even a little longer are flag worthy (like this flag - it should've never have been approved).

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

With this kind of disputes I just value more the work of the CRT, having to deal with this everyday just because they want a clean LB, people pushing the boundaries of the rules just for the sake of it, and you only get more and more people complaining. Guys, every CFW, gamesave, or similar has a plausible solution if we want to look for it, but we all know that it isnt like that... Maybe if an UFO abduct me and I time travel 10 years in the future and came back to sync my well earned trophies... Why should I be flagged?

That's not the same issue though. 

Edited by Nitro
clarification

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

That's not the same issue though. 

It was just an example...

12 minutes ago, Nitro said:

All it takes to not have a game auto-sync to your account is to go into a game signed into PSN. If you don't have Auto-sign in turned on then it's not going to auto-sync.

Not to stir up any trouble here, but I've recently had trophies on my PS3 auto-sync and I haven't used Auto-sign in in about 8 years. My trophies are always in "offline mode" on all my PS3s, but PSN can scrape your trophy data and update them to your profile without you doing anything beyond being on the network. I'm not sure how or why this happens, but I've personally witnessed it.

Dispute resolved, time to close?

Just now, Helyx said:

Not to stir up any trouble here, but I've recently had trophies on my PS3 auto-sync and I haven't used Auto-sign in in about 8 years. My trophies are always in "offline mode" on all my PS3s, but PSN can scrape your trophy data and update them to your profile without you doing anything beyond being on the network. I'm not sure how or why this happens, but I've personally witnessed it.

You may have mis-read, and that's fine, but what I meant was the trophies/ games sync when you boot them up & are signed into PSN. So if you don't sign in when on the XMB before booting up the game, it won't sync. I was just saying unless you have auto-sign in turned on, most people don't sign in on the XMB unless they're going to play MP.

I intentionally left KZ2 unsynced for 3 weeks during this because I was worried about not getting Grand Valour Cross. That's why I don't agree with the whole late syncing thing. 

15 minutes ago, Nitro said:

what I meant was the trophies/ games sync when you boot them up & are signed into PSN. So if you don't sign in when on the XMB before booting up the game, it won't sync.

Yup, a misunderstanding on my part. What you say is true.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Not quite.

Again, I'm quite aware of how it works. Fortunately for hore, he has evidence to show he didn't cheat. 

My point is, it's time to close the loop holes. Otherwise we may as well just take CFW usage out of the flaggable rules, since there's an answer that's "possible" for every CFW accusation (however unlikely in some cases) and without an actual definition of how CFW affects timestamps, similar to how save usage is defined, it's a completely useless rule. Late syncing isn't always CFW, but when people literally imitate things hackers do, and black and white blends into an indistinguishable grey, it's a huge problem.

Edited by B1rvine

2 hours ago, hore said:

Only in a dystopia are people guilty until proven innocent, and I hope more people realize that and start disregarding the leaderboards

Except that you have it wrong.  It's not guilty until proven innocent.

If you want to compare this to judicial parlance, the first act is somebody writing up a flag report and submitting it to the CRT.  Consider that an indictment.  Then the CRT reviews the case and passes judgment.  It may as well be a "trial in absentia", but I believe they effort to make a fair judgment and err on the side of not letting the flag stick if they have doubts.  One problem with this, of course, is that you have no idea you were charged and tried if the flag gets thrown out.  But it's not a perfect system.

This dispute?  It's not your trial.  It's your appeal of the guilty verdict handed down by the CRT crew.  So if we're going to carry this judicial metaphor a little further, the onus has shifted to the flagged party to demonstrate something to overturn the flag, the same way a party that appeals a verdict has to convince the higher court that there's a reason to throw out the previous verdict.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

If we don't have some kind of control on late syncs going forward, similar to how using your own save is illegitimate, PSNP will just become a cheater haven. It's already near this point since we allow Vita users to transfer save files for the "Vita Trick" and exploit other inconsistencies, which contradict the rules.

Might I make a suggestion, then.

I believe through more guidelines you can have more order.  As obnoxious as it might seem to others, why not take a hard stance and set a sync timeline precedence?  Say...3 months, for example, a sync has to be made, or the trophies are invalid for the leaderboards (just an example, by the way).  The argument against having a hard line in the sand about sync dates can’t be because of what other sites procedures are, correct?  This site, from what I’ve noticed, seems to be the trailblazer for setting leaderboard standards that rivals others as being the most stringent.  And has gained a sense of notoriety and respect amongst its competitors because of that.

The alternative is chaos and convoluted messaging.  Set a standard and let your members conform to the rules set.  It sets a precedent of transparency and structure, for this issue.  As time moves on, you’ll have more situations that ‘pushes the envelope’; it only makes sense to act sooner rather than later.

It won’t be a popular idea (especially with the hardcore completion/speed run enthusiasts), but we would all know where PSNProfiles clearly has guidelines set for this issue.

As far as this case goes, it (and the Resistance 2 dispute you mentioned, recently) could be the precedent set for justification of a sync timeframe to bring to others (Site Owner) for the ‘New Normal’. The biggest travesty would be a lack of motivation to make a move and to rather take the approach to be inactive on this issue, which would leave a stench of ‘Well, I believe/don’t believe them because...yeah’ that has seemingly followed this issue for awhile, which also screams irresponsibility.  Especially for a trophy leaderboard site with the reputation of PSNProfiles.

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Context.