Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

On 4/18/2017 at 10:41 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Over 1000 hours? And I thought the 400+ hours my girlfriend played were already quite much. xD Which reminds me that I should remind her to give her town a visit once again before she has do one of those weed removal contests agains. It's already sad that my town is overrun by it. (lost motivation after binge playing it for ~80 hours).

I don't know why the game is so hypnotic at times!

If you haven't played in a long time, you might be delighted to hear Animal Crossing: New Leaf got a big free update last autumn. Main features are amiibo support, daily quests and new items. :3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

I don't know why the game is so hypnotic at times!

If you haven't played in a long time, you might be delighted to hear Animal Crossing: New Leaf got a big free update last autumn. Main features are amiibo support, daily quests and new items. :3

I'm already aware of that update as it made my girlfriend going back to the game and we even bought the Celeste-amiibo so she can access the newly added minigames. xD 

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed III (PS3)

I'm now at Davenport in the beginning of sequence 5 after having quite some struggles with the optional objectives for the missions of sequence 4. Finding a hare to kill three different animals was much tougher than I thought as the only animals that seemed to spawn were deers. But after several reloads I had the luck that a fox was hunting a hare and I somehow killed both at the same time. xD

More annoying was the constraint for "Something to Remember", though. This eagle flight-section wasn't long but it took me a couple of tries to not get hit in that section right before the final logo. The fact that you had to hear the whole story over and over again didn't really help to keep up the motivation.

I got the platinum of Full Throttle yesterday, finished the story in Uncharted 3 Remastered and then did a bunch of easy trophies in the Uncharted Remastered Collection so I could delete it from my PS4, will redownload when I feel like doing a normal playthrough with a treasure guide.

Don't really know what to start today, I think I'm out of excuses not to continue on The Witcher III... Because Mario Kart 8 Deluxe arrives at the end of next week, and until then I've got nothing new I guess. I might do Late Shift this weekend but I'm not sure yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I might do Late Shift this weekend but I'm not sure yet.

Ah, you bought it after all? Just saw that it had a PS+ launch discount and thought about mentioning this to you but didn't know how high your interest in that game would be to buy it right from the start.

And congrats for Full Throttle! Haven't started it yet as I'm not in mood for point-and-click games right now.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

Ah, you bought it after all? Just saw that it had a PS+ launch discount and thought about mentioning this to you but didn't know how high your interest in that game would be to buy it right from the start.

Haven't bought Late Shift yet, the PS+ discount works until the 10th of May though. I'm hearing moderate to good things about it and I kind of want to support the idea of actual interactive movies instead of the usual Telltale "your choices matter PSYCH NO THEY DON'T" parade of games. That and me having the €2 left from my €10 March refund means that I could get the game/movie for €8, which seems not too bad. Nothing I really want from the sale right now, already bought Feist and Life Goes On (which are fun especially as I didn't pay for them), Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is on sale for €5 which seems like a good price but I'm not sure I want to be playing an FPS right now, I'm usually not in the mood for those games.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

And congrats for Full Throttle! Haven't started it yet as I'm not in mood for point-and-click games right now.

Thanks! It's a really cool game, I thought it was much more fun than Grim Fandango (another point and click I had not played back in the day).

7 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Haven't bought Late Shift yet, the PS+ discount works until the 10th of May though.

That's a surprisingly long period and gives enough room for anyone to get informed about the game before buying it.

9 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Nothing I really want from the sale right now

Me neither. I still hope that the sale which will go up next week will have some decent games I want or else I will have to spend the cashback on a game from my wishlist that hasn't been discounted for a long time like Toybox Turbos (normal price 15 EUR, last sale price was in July 2016 for 4.50 EUR) but I wouldn't be to fond of that decision.

12 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks! It's a really cool game, I thought it was much more fun than Grim Fandango (another point and click I had not played back in the day).

Haven't played any of the remastered Double Fine-games back in the day but from what I saw from the trailer Full Throttle feels more like Tentacle than Grim Fandango humor-wise so I guess I will enjoy it, too.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's a surprisingly long period and gives enough room for anyone to get informed about the game before buying it.

Yeah, I'm really glad that it's still going on. Wasn't really interested in it at first for the launch price but now that I still have that refund money...

Me neither. I still hope that the sale which will go up next week will have some decent games I want or else I will have to spend the cashback on a game from my wishlist that hasn't been discounted for a long time like Toybox Turbos (normal price 15 EUR, last sale price was in July 2016 for 4.50 EUR) but I wouldn't be to fond of that decision.

Yeah if there's nothing in the sale next week and I still want Late Shift, I can just buy that one now. Otherwise I probably would have bought something I'd probably regret.

If you haven't played Magrunner yet, I can recommend that one. It's €10 on PSN, has been on sale for €5 once or twice but I missed it. Paid full price (€15) on XBL.

Haven't played any of the remastered Double Fine-games back in the day but from what I saw from the trailer Full Throttle feels more like Tentacle than Grim Fandango humor-wise so I guess I will enjoy it, too.

Yeah it really is, and Full Throttle has a smaller inventory so you'll be wondering what to do a lot less, I just had two or three times during the game where I had to resort to blindly trying stuff.

I have a couple of hours playing Corpse Party: Blood Drive on my Vita. Next would be Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition. After that I'll go for Resident Evil 0.

Have multiple JRPG to play with at least a thousand hours of gameplay in a total overall.

Still a long road after this titles so the next choices are big enough to keep me busy until near new year or so... my backlog starts to grow bigger and bigger...

• Like 1

On 19/04/2017 at 7:14 AM, frozenarmadillo1 said:

Final Fantasy X. I'm really struggling to get invested in it. Turn based JRPG with lots of enemies that come out of nowhere. 

One of the best FFs in my opinion the story may seem cliché at first but after a while it just gets better and has one of the best battle systems in FF asides from the Gabit System in FFXII if you love FF you owe it to yourself to finish this game even if you do not get the platinum. The end game content is really awesome too. 

I am considering starting Adventures of Mana on PS Vita I think I need to take my RPG obsession portable not enough time to sit in front of the TV to finish these games. (Still praying for FFXII HD Remaster gets confirmed for PS Vita too)

Edited by DarkSoleride

2734721-thiswarofmine5.jpg

Spoiler: it's This War Of Mine. Played the original story a few weeks ago and I am doing a second story now for the remaining trophies. And yeah, the Quiet House was one of my first stops back in the original and I killed the old couple before I really knew what was happening... I did it this time around on purpose though, that couple has so much stuff that I need...

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed III (PS3)

Finished sequence 5 and did some miscellaneous things. Don't know why but it seems like game finally opens up. Fun part was taking control of the Aquila although it's  not much fun to shoot with the cannons as it seems like you can't adjust the angle. And somehow it seems like the optional constraints in sequence 5 where much easier than the ones in the sequences before. xD

flOw (PS Vita)

Played from level 4 straight to the credits and got nearly all remaining trophies on that way. Only ones remaining are Cannibalism and Fashion. Might add this soon to my list of completed games for @BillyHorrible's WTHITSDT-event. ;) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

flOw (PS Vita)

Played from level 4 straight to the credits and got nearly all remaining trophies on that way. Only ones remaining are Cannibalism and Fashion. Might add this soon to my list of completed games for @BillyHorrible's WTHITSDT-event. ;) 

I have that one on PS4, never obtained cannibalism/vegetarian/giant.

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I have that one on PS4, never obtained cannibalism/vegetarian/giant.

Vegetarian is rather easy IMO. I just played the first level as there are only a few advanced creatures which are easy to dodge (and they aren't agressive with the exception of those sea weeds) and it's rather short. For Giant I played level 4 (the one with the paralyzing creature) and assured that I ate everything.

Cannibalism seems to be rather easy on PS3 and PS4 as the first player can choose the paralyzing creature and then let a second player choose creature one which ensures that you play the first level. On Vita it's not that easy. xD

9 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wait, what now?

I can't confirm it for myself yet but Cannibalism can be tweaked by two player mode. Player 1 chooses creature 4, player 2 chooses creature 1 afterwards. The game will then force you into level 1 which has the least amount of food and creatures overall. And as the paralyzing feature of creature 4 also works on food you can safely move through the levels by activating the feature all the time. Once you are at the beginning of the level you can turn controller 2 off, too.

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I can't confirm it for myself yet but Cannibalism can be tweaked by two player mode. Player 1 chooses creature 4, player 2 chooses creature 1 afterwards. The game will then force you into level 1 which has the least amount of food and creatures overall. And as the paralyzing feature of creature 4 also works on food you can safely move through the levels by activating the feature all the time. Once you are at the beginning of the level you can turn controller 2 off, too.

... Excuse me for a moment...

Playing right now... (Check it @Crimson Idol)

Lateshift_Poster_1500.png

Decided to go ahead and buy it as my wife felt like watching along. Just finished our first viewing and she immediately wants to do another viewing (both blind without looking at trophies), after that she'll have enough of it and I'll do some more viewings to get the platinum. Anyway, good buy apparently.

flOw (PS3)

Decided to give the game a go on the PS3 to show my gf what the game is all about and holy moly, this plays like a completely different game thanks to the separation of display and input and IMO it's much more fun playing this on a console than on the handheld. I'm curious on how "difficult" the Cannibalism-trophy will be. :hmm:

Full Throttle Remastered (PS Vita)

Played the game for about two hours and I'm now at the part where I have to get a ramp to jump across a canyon. Overall I think the game is okay so far. I enjoy it more than Grim Fandango but less than Day of the Tentacle.

I have re-discovered my love for the world of Nintendo (well apart from the prices of games :P) and my Nintendo 3DS XL as of late. 

Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4)

I'm a Mass Effect fan girl, so there's not much to say other than I love it.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
It's so addictive! I genuinely look forward to booting it up every day and checking in with my cute animal neighbours and going about my daily duties as Mayor.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

I played the first one on the GameCube and have only just got around to getting the second. I'm enjoying getting to play in 3D.

• Like 1

23815901722_4d1edf4ed1_b.jpg

Enjoyed playing the remastered trilogy enough to want to play U4 again - played it last year, then traded it for DOOM. Luckily someone wanted to get rid of it and wanted one of my games so I now have it again.

Doing an easy difficulty playthrough with a guide for all collectibles, then I might try and see if I can do a hard difficulty run soon afterwards.

Also, I pre-ordered The Lost Legacy because I really want to play it right away now.

• Like 1