Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

• 2 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Grand Theft Auto V, both on PS4. On my second playthrough of Valhalla, some of the side quests bugged before I intended to come back to trophy hunting which made the platinum unobtainable. Every few days I'm picking up GTAV and knocking off some quick trophies too, I'll need to speedrun a new save on that for some missed trophies then focus on the platinum after Valhalla. 

Little Big Planet 1 (PS3) Just need two more online trophies. It will be a sad day when the devs close the online portion. User levels ooze passion

Heavy Rain (ps3). David Cage's contempt level towards his audience is too high. Saw, Seven, and to some extent Prisoners did what Cage was trying to aim for better.  If not for the easy platinum, I would be ok to not replaying the game.

Assassins Creed 1 (xbox 360) 30 min in, and I like the main character and setting better than the sequel which has better graphics. There's not many games set in the Crusade era Middle East. I miss the close caption option.

Halo CE remastered (xbox 360) The lack of waypoints confuses me. I'm not into shooters, but two levels in, I'm already lost. I like the game and production values, but it's not fun not knowing where to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Legionnaire (arcade) - Not a bad Streets of Rage type game. The dash feature (hit jump 2 times quickly) is a bit awkward at first, but is useful once you get it down. Dash into an enemy, and you throw him.

Serious Sam Collection (PS4) - Got the SS3 BFE completion trophy, then replayed the TFE/TSE boss battles to get the other two. Most of the trophies except Circle of Death (kill 3 enemies with one sledgehammer spin in SS3) are now obtainable.

Crysis Warhead (PC) - Trying it out on my new PC and it's working pretty good. If you have a 10900-KF CPU you should be set for this one. Its max speed of 5.3 GHz is good enough. Crysis Warhead doesn't care how many cores you have... it's the clock speed that matters. If this is remastered like the first Crysis, I'll probably buy the new version as well.

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4) - Just got this a couple days ago and will play soon.

Dirt Rally 2.0 (PS4) -  Got my ass kicked so badly at the beggining that I quit for few days, weeks later now I'm completed addicted to it, people weren't joking when they say it's the Dark Souls of Cars.

Shadow Of Tomb Raider (PS4) - Taking advantage of the PS Plus offer, and having played the games before, it was only a matter of time to immersive into this World, doesn't seem as good as the previous entries, the story is okayish and the gameplay feels quite clunk at times, that being said I'm enjoying it and having a good time.

Edited by Ninjise
  • Like 1

I regret that I used to skip games because I knew beforehand that I was never going to get the platinum trophy. And because of that I missed a lot of good titles, that I know want to play. But only singleplayer ofcourse, since the online servers are basically dead nowadays. Currently I'm playing the Battlefield series, I'm on Battlefield 4 now.

It might be some side effect of getting older but I don't really care about platinum trophies anymore. It's time to make up for "lost" games. ?

Nintendo Switch - Immortals Fenyx Rising

i could just go ahead and slaughter Typhon but im still just aimlessly doing vaults and looting the few chests i still have left on the world map, im definately going to need to follow the guide when it comes time to do a trophy run on both ps4/ps5.  My switch save file is at 75+ hours and theres still stuff for me to unlock, ugh.  Granted a good dozen or so hours was spent just wondering and exploring blind.  Had a great time playing even if i dont technically end up 100%ing the switch version, Atleast theres no public trophy/achievement system my OCD has to stress over when it comes to my Nintendo games 

PS5 - i just finished Maneater from PS+ and well, it was okay..nothing really to discuss about it, The NPC character designs reminded me of something like Crazy Taxi from PS2, cartoony i guess idk, i cant quite pinpoint it but theres just a bunch of fetch quests & collectibles some back and forth traveling and then youre awarded the platinum, nothing much to it...so now I’ve started Bugsnax thanks again to PS+ and Boy, i can already say this is one I’ll have to force myself through and a reminder of why i dont play 99% of the games offered in the IGC but since PS5 has a limited catalog of games right now, i guess ill take what i can get, i shoulda just started SpiderMan or Demons Souls but I thought this might be a better, less involved game to jump into right now but i feel as if i was wrong Because i was just instantly underwhelmed and bored, sigh 

In the midst of trying to finish up the platinum for Chronophantasma (and the extra DLC trophy) on PS3 as a part of my desire to clear up my old console's backlog, but my god, the combo for Tsubaki is ridiculous. A whole hour has been spent trying to adjust my inputs so it'll connect and not be counted as a dropped combo, but alas, it's not within my power to be as good as I want to be.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Came back to the game after a lengthy break and a complete PS4 save wipe and have been playing it pretty much solidly (pun intended) for the past week. Went in with the intention of just getting a couple of the easier story trophies I had left but have stuck around to go for some of the grindier ones. Don't have the patience or skill to go for the platinum but I can at least get a couple more. It's a lot of waiting for things to develop in real time, so it's currently running in the background whilst I'm on my lunch break and I'll leave it doing so when I go back to work..

Annoyingly, it turned out I was only 2 missions away from the end of the game before I stopped playing it previously and then lost the data.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of friends got me to play Apex Legends again after 12 months away from the game. It's still my favourite competitive shooter out there at the moment and I'm enjoying grinding ranked again so might be a little while before I earn anymore platinum's, I kind of wish that game had more trophies, or added DLC trophies for new legends. Still sad it never got a platinum.

However I did just roll credits on Control, one of my favourite PS+ games I've played. Insanely cool art direction, gameplay was a blast too. I'll probably do the clean-up for that plat and beat the DLC to try and 100% it before the end of the month. 

Currently jumping between Dragon's Crown and Street Fighter 5 mainly.

Dragon's Crown is fantastic, especially with local co-op. Been forever since I played this, but it's still as fun as I remember. I'd love to see a sequel some day.

Street Fighter 5 is fun too. I've been on Xbox for almost all of last gen. So I've been itching to play this for years. Akuma is still my dude. Laura has quickly become my co-main and one of my SF favorites. I came for the waifu, but stayed for the Jiu-Jitsu.