Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

On 27/07/2021 at 1:41 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Been around the Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of the Elusive Age block for about 2 months now. Just need to finish the post-game. I got lost on what to do, but now I have a plan.

I started Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition on PC a few months ago but the plot kind of didn't seem to advance at some point (16 hours in, got to Octagonia). The events in the home village at the start of the game were interesting, then I feel the story just flattened and I moved to other games. Maybe I was too impatient. Does it get better at some point? 

Currently I'm playing Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation on 3DS, Monster Hunter Stories 2 and BUSTAFELLOWS (+ the daily Jump Rope Challenge and Fitness Boxing 1 & 2) on Switch and PGA Tour 2K21 on PC. Also installed The Ascent on PC so it's ready to take for a spin whenever I feel like it. Really liking the Ruiner vibe of the world. 

I was pretty excited to jump into BUSTAFELLOWS, preloaded it for today's release and started playing after midnight before going to sleep. The art style is exquisite (including animated backgrounds and characters) and the murder mystery story has been praised. 

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I started Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition on PC a few months ago but the plot kind of didn't seem to advance at some point (16 hours in, got to Octagonia). The events in the home village at the start of the game were interesting, then I feel the story just flattened and I moved to other games. Maybe I was too impatient. Does it get better at some point? 

I thought the same about the plot. It is very slow in the beginning, and follows the same hero trope that most JRPGs follow. BUT the story picks up a bit after Octagonia, then slows down again. I think it's worth it to play to the end at least. The post-game hasn't been worth it yet, but you know I want the shiny plat.

I had an extra push to at least finish the game because I gave up on Dragon Quest 8 so long ago. I found DQ8 btw. I didn't buy it though, I loaned it from the library. I never thought I could get 3DS games from there. 

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

On 30/07/2021 at 1:50 PM, Edunstar84 said:

I thought the same about the plot. It is very slow in the beginning, and follows the same hero trope that most JRPGs follow. BUT the story picks up a bit after Octagonia, then slows down again. I think it's worth it to play to the end at least. The post-game hasn't been worth it yet, but you know I want the shiny plat.

I had an extra push to at least finish the game because I gave up on Dragon Quest 8 so long ago. I found DQ8 btw. I didn't buy it though, I loaned it from the library. I never thought I could get 3DS games from there. 

Thanks for your input and good luck with the plat! I guess I'll pick up DQ XI S again at some point. 

Great to hear you finally got to play DQ8 (I haven't started it myself yet). I've noticed there are tons of console games available in libraries here too but never loaned anything. I don't even have a library card these days. Maybe I'd consider getting one in case they have some interesting rarities like Nintendo DS games that I can't find elsewhere.

header.jpg?t=1605585461

Funny & charming little game from early(ish) Telltale, influenced by the works of Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, and the Coen Brothers. If you like those filmmakers, and you enjoy  doing a lot of different types of puzzles, it's a must-have. Available digitally on PS3, and through multiple stores on PC. PS3 version is twice as much though at $10. Still worth it at that price, but yeah I'd recommend getting it on PC for $1 (or less) during a sale.

• 2 weeks later...

The Saboteur (PS3)

Just lost close to 2 hours of gameplay due to the game freezing. Thanks to my dumb butt not saving my progress the entire time. Roughly 75-100 ambient freeplay events down the crapper. Anyone that's platted the game knows how slow and mind-numbing the ambient freeplay can be. I didn't even get mad. I just feel defeated. ?

Still playing too much CS:GO. 

BUT!

I put RDR2 in my ps4 today, and i got a few animals studied, and found 19/30 dinosaur bones. 

Decided that im just gonna take this huge task in small bites. Even if i just do a couple animals or challenges, or a couple missions. Just slow and steady progress..

(And i decided to just get EVERYTHING except the gold medals. That crap im still not decided about. Might never do them). 

Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PlayStation 4) - God, please release me from The Ripsnorter. This stage is hell. If I knew how extreme this would be, I wouldn't have planned to Platinum this game. But I didn't, and now I'm just one trophy away, and I am not going to let this cuddly platformer for children defeat me! Wether I manage to clear it myself or get someone else to do it for me, I'm going to celebrate the day I won't have to see this stage ever again.

Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS) - I finished this back in 2020, but I recently picked it back up again to clear Hard Mode. Today, I finished Frozen Factory Zone and most of Silent Forest Zone. It's not that much harder than the main game, honestly, but it is a whole lot more purple. This game's a bit of a mixed bag - when the levels are good, they're usually really good, but when they're bad, they're usually really bad.

Edited by blue_blur_98