Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

Just now, FrostyMcNugs said:

What's wrong with the presequel? And why are you playing it if you don't like it?

just personally dont care for it. its only tolerable cause im playing with a friend. and im playing it to clear it off my backlog of uncompleted games. just want to beat it once and im good

Vanguard Bandits: The story definitely isn't amazing, but it's the thing I'm enjoying most in this game so far. The gameplay seems a little simplistic, and while it's kind of any issue with all SRPGs, it often feels a little too luck based. The worst thing about it is just how long each battle takes, they seem to drag on for way longer than necessary. Then there's the music, which just feels so out of place. The art is kinda bad too, but it's enjoyable enough that I'll at least finish the route I'm on, but I'm definitely not 100%ing it.

Donkey Kong 64: This has been in my backlog for far too long. I've heard a lot of mixed things about it, and while I am mostly enjoying it, there's so many annoying things that really hamper my enjoyment. Some irritating mini-games, poor controls and being able to see and walk right over collectibles that you can't pick up with your current kong, and having to constantly back-track to change your character and collect them. I love collectathons, but this one feels like it's a little too extreme.

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: One of the last Zelda games I have left in my backlog. Not too far into it yet, just reached Lorule. It's pretty standard 2D Zelda aside from the merging into walls gimmick. Can't really complain, it's about what I expected/wanted and I'm having fun with it.

Final Fantasy 3 (3D version): It's pretty standard old-old school Final Fantasy aside from the job system, which is enjoyable enough, though kinda becomes redundant in terms of switching up jobs constantly in the late game. I played a bit of the NES version via a fan translation years ago and I'm definitely enjoying this version more, but it's more or less the same; story isn't great, characters might as well be blank slates, and the gameplay is just standard old-school Final Fantasy, but it's still fun nonetheless.

Disgaea 3: Standard Disgaea game, with perhaps the most nonsensical plot so far. I'm playing the game with Japanese audio and Almaz's voice actor just sounds like Zenitsu (Kimetsu no Yaiba) and Kokichi (Danganronpa V3), and it's very distracting for some reason.

Dragon Quest Monsters (GBC): Taking this one kinda slow since like typical early Dragon Quest games, it's a little grindy. I've never played one of the DQ Monsters spin-offs before (despite owning them for years) and went into it kinda blind. Wasn't really expecting a Mystery Dungeon-esque game, but I'm a fan of that series so I'm actually pleased about it.

Transistor: Just started this, after originally trying it out for like 30 minutes 6-7 years ago when it was free on PS+ and never got back to it. Enjoying it so far, it has some great art and music.

Half-Life: Just started this recently and... I don't know why, but this game gives me some insane motion sickness. I've very rarely experienced this with FPS games, so don't know what's up with me on this one. I've occasionally felt it a little in some boomer shooters, and while playing the Metroid Prime trilogy on Wii (but I think that's because of motion controls), but I've never experienced it this bad before. I'm talking like needing to pause and take a break every 5-10 minutes due to dizziness and/or nausea. Tried fiddling about with the settings and FOV too, and sitting further away from my monitor. Really sucks, as otherwise I'm enjoying it. I still plan to chug through it, the motion sickness only really starts after about an hour of playing, then it's persistent even if I take a half hour break. I'll just take it slow.

• Like 1

Still Red Dead Redemption 2. 

I have done a lot of work the last few days. 

Done some challenges, studied and skinned some animals, found A LOT of weapons. 

As of now i need:

The rest of the story (im in chapter 3, midway through, so a long way to go) 

The rest of the challenges (im at 41 if i count correct, so almost half way to the 90)

5 bounties

6 weapons

3 gang hideouts (and to discover 2 more gangs, should come through playing the rest of the game)

3 legendary animals

3 types of robbery (i've read it comes naturally through the game)

9 graves (after story)

Dinosaur bones (only need 8, i can't get the rest before i complete the story)

13 legendary fish (maybe i caught a couple, can't remember)

All exotic tasks for Algernon Wasp

Then i've reached 100% completion. 

This task is huge! but small steps. Little by little. 

(oh, and don't mention the gold medals, im pretending i won't have to do them)......

Edited by TomataEighty9
couldn't count :D
  • Like 1

Ys IX Monstrum Nox (PS4) - Working on a Nightmare run to get the platinum. Since I have all other trophies and used NGP carryover, I'm not too worried about getting the treasures, graffiti, or petals this time. I made sure to get everyone's ultimate weapons to +2 by the end of the first game and buy them all a Taliesin armor.

Tales of Arise (PC) - I haven't played a Tales game yet, and decided to give this a try. The combat system is good, and I like the cel-shaded art style. If I had PS5, I'd have bought it for that.

Ys IX Monstrum Nox (PS4) - Late in chapter 6 on my Nightmare run. This will be platinum #12 for me when I finish.

UPDATE: I've finished the Ys IX Nightmare run, and it's my 12th platinum on 12 September. What a happy coincidence. ?

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
Got the platinum for Ys IX on 12 September.

Trackmania turbo: i don't really like it, but i am to far to simply break up with it (162/200 gold medals and 50 trackmaster medals). I do 1-2 tracks a week where i listen to music and simply drive where i can empty my mind.

Alvo vr: Good game but i don't like it that i can only play snd when it is already 8pm in my country.

Sniper elite vr: I did have high hopes for it but the controller drift is simply stupid and destroys the complete fun.

Slime rancher: Its nice but i expected more.

Ps: i don't like smartphones x.x

Edited by Feichti1992
  • Like 1

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4): Nightmare NGP run for trophy cleanup. Right now I have all the skills maxed for Adol, Laxia, Sahad, and Hummel. I'm starting chapter 4 and working on Ricotta's skill set. The trophies I need now are Item Collector, People Person, Reel Big Fisherman, Beast Expert, Exceptional Service, Village Superstar, Adroit Artisan, and Beyond the Nightmare.

A mix of 3 games. 

Red Dead Redemption (ps3) - currently just doing pikes bassin gang hideout again and again.. im level 39 now, and i hope i can be done with getting to level 50, by the middle of next week. Plan right now is to do an hour every day. today im doing around 2 or 3 hours... Im so happy this crap is over soon. Im so over doing this hideout boost....

Red Dead Redemption 2 (ps4) - Doing a mix of challenges, studying/skinning animals, missions in story and finding weapons... It's a big grind :D 

Fifa 21 (ps4) - Just relaxing with career mode. 

Other than that, im playing CS:GO on pc. that's definitely a sink hole for my time :D 

Just bought a Fat PS2 recently and bought all the Smackdown games I was missing (Just Bring It, Shut Your Mouth, Here Comes the Pain, Smackdown vs. RAW 05, 06, 07, 08 (PS3) and 09 (PS3). So I've been enjoying some Season Mode in HCTP again.

On the PS5 side of things I've been playing Watch Dogs: Legion and Hitman 2.