Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon Quest XI- My first Dragon Quest game. It's fantastic, reminds me of JRPGs I loved as a kid. Currently in endgame, doing the grindy trophies now. 

Risk of Rain 2- Co op with my brother. To break up the monotony of Dragon Quest exp grind.

• 2 weeks later...

Tekken 7 but I have one trophy left to get for the Plat, so I'm waiting to make it a Birthday Plat (15th). 

Also working on the rest of story based DLC for AC Valhalla. I waited to buy Dawn of Ragnarok for when it hit at least 50% off. So I have that finished, now working on the Forgotten Saga DLC. Not going to bother with the Mastery Challenges though.

Not sure what I'm starting on next...feeling like it's about time for another PS3 game.

Also working on some WWF No Mercy on the side on N64. Want to eventually 100% all of Championship Mode, which I've never managed to do. 

Finishing Dead Space 3 on XSX which really reminded me why DS3 sucked. The enemies are caricaturally (is that even a word?) sped up, there's ten of them every ten meters and all you do is shoot and pick up ammo. There are moments that are like the 1st two Dead Space games but otherwise... I kinda hope they do DS2 remake, then DS3 remake but actually do Dead Space justice and make DS3... Well, Dead Space. 

And starting Spec Ops: The line on PC. Popped into my head a couple of days ago and didn't leave, I have to replay it. The story is amazing. "Gentlemen... Welcome to Dubai". 

Chills. 

I'm playing two 'buffer' games in the form of demos that were announced at this month's Nintendo Direct to try to prevent myself from being 'overwhelmed' by playing too many Tales of games back to back. I probably would have been fine (I played Symphonia and then Symphonia DOTNW immediately afterward) but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

The two demos in question are the Kirby's Return to DreamLand Deluxe demo, which I've already completed, and the Octopath Traveler II demo which I'm still playing. The Kirby demo was only 30-45 minutes long. Probably shorter than that because I'm the type of person who likes to explore things. The Octopath Traveler II demo is... interesting. To say the least. It says I can only play it for three hours and I'm already getting close to that... but it said the same thing about the first Octopath demo and it let me play past that. So I don't know honestly. We'll see.

Whenever it is I finish with these demos... I'll be playing the Xillia sequel next. Xillia 2. Is it another Symphonia situation where everyone hated the sequel? Personally I loved Symponia DOTNW but I guess we'll see and only time will tell.

On 16.02.2023 at 9:59 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

Whenever it is I finish with these demos... I'll be playing the Xillia sequel next. Xillia 2. Is it another Symphonia situation where everyone hated the sequel? Personally I loved Symponia DOTNW but I guess we'll see and only time will tell.

Xillias were my first and so far only Tales of games, so I can't compare but the sequel felt on par with the 1st one to me. A bit grindier to plat from what I remember but purely as a game, it wasn't like one is great, one's shit. Someday I'll get to other Tales games... I think. Maybe. 

Enjoying the free weekend with Far Cry 6, hoping to finish the story before it ends. Enjoying it way more than I expected - I'm tired of the Ubi formula and fully expected to drop it after a few hours but this is... Surprisingly fun. I wouldn't necessarily want to plat it, but just playing the game, it's much better than I imagined. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo Switch:

• Metroid Prime Remastered. Force me to choose my favorite game of all time, and this is probably my answer
  • Metroid II: Return of Samus on the NSO Game Boy app. Never played this one before!

PS5:

• Haven. Playing this for the platinum every genre challenge (a "romance" game), eh it's pretty slow and not very interesting but I'll finish it for the challenge.

PC:

• Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. I had no idea this sequel to FFIV even existed until recently (Originially WiiWare episodes, compiled into one game for PC). Holy nostalgic music Batman, this takes me back to playing FFIV to completion on SNES about 8 times as a kid.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty demo (PS5) - A Souls type game from Koei Tecmo, but somewhat different from Nioh. The spirit system is different from Ki, since you don't spend spirit on light attacks. You're trying to build up positive (blue) spirit to power your strong attacks and spells. Taking damage, blocking, and use of strong attacks/spells builds negative spirit and can get you "winded" if the red spirit gauge fills.

Ys VIII (PS5) - Going for platinum.

Atomic Heart (PC) - This reminds me a bit of not just BioShock, but also Singularity (an amazing game which will sadly never see a sequel). Fairly good.

Cyberpunk 2077 (PC)

• Like 1

Bleach: Brave Souls (PS4). Just trying to wrap up the 100% with the 250 wins in battle trophy.

Genshin Impact (PS4): Occasionally doing the daily missions, slowly building reputation as also hunting for chests. Got the main storyline aside but trying to build strong teams to tackle on it.

Castlevania: Advance Collection (PS4). Slowly progressing on Harmony of Dissonance. Just killed Talos and Death a few days ago and in the process of unveiling both maps and also searching for furniture and preparing for the best ending. Then, it will be time to hop onto Circle of the Moon.

Dante's Inferno (PS3): Returned to this for the sake of getting the EA trails done. Now i renember why i cursed and rage quitted a lot. Cheap enemies and requirements and don't tell me anything about the hit box.

I'm currently trying to play Atelier Ryza 2, but like with the first game I can't seem to really get into it; after about an hour of playing it each day I lose interest and move on to something else. Aside from that I've been playing a lot of Souls games on PC. I recently finished a co-op run of Dark Souls III with my brother, then played through Dark Souls II with the Seeker of Fire mod, and now I'm playing through the first game with the Daughters of Ash mod. I can never seem to stay away from this series for too long. 

• 1 month later...

Nioh 2 (PC) - Great port of one of my favorite PS games. Trying to go for You Are Nioh on this one as well.

Wo Long (PS5) - As good as a Nioh, but different. It seems to emphasize stealth and jump-down attacks more. I've also played the PC port, and honestly it's still a bit rough. At this time, Playstation beats PC.

Far Cry 6 (PS5) - The latest FC is done justice on console. You don't have to settle for 30 FPS in this one... you're getting 60. Nice tropical environment a bit like the original, and FC3.