Do you collect something?

Puppeter04

mines kinda weird. i work for a satallite tv company and we go through techs quick. i collect their badges. any tech who quits or gets fired i do my best to get my hands on one of their badges. been doing it little over a year and have almost 50.  and thats not even all of them lol. weird i know but its just a hobby i have

• Like 1

I haven’t started yet but I plan on putting sand, rocks and/or some kind of earth in a tiny bottle or jar when I start traveling to different countries and glueing a paper with the country’s name on it onto the glass. I might put something extra in the glass if its something unique or “stereotypical” from the country.

• Like 2

I collect AtLA/LoK stuff. Like the comics and the art books, and I've even got a cool exclusive art poster they did a while back. Plus I have the shows on Blu-ray.

Building up my retro game selection slowly by trading in DVDs/Blurays that I don't watch much anymore.

I collected Pokemon figures as a child (literally put them in a dollhouse for some reason?) and every now and then I'll add on to that collection again.

I have always enjoyed history. So, naturally I started collection old U.S. coins. My dad got me started on it and his dad got him started. The line goes back quite a few generations. Our family has a very prominent collection at this point. It is a hobby that really enjoy. The plus side is the fact that you will not loose your money on a hobby like this. If I buy a coin, it's value will only go up. Especially since coins are made from precious metals like gold, silver, and platinum. Unlike collecting something like trading cards. The value of trading cards plummeted when less and less people became interested and no one could sell when they needed to. 

If I could ever figure out how to upload pictures, I would add a few to show you guys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I collect some things, I refuse an all digital world. i have a few cds, over 1000 dvds, 300 bluray, a ton of anime series (DBZ,Bleach, Cowboy bebop, Evangelion + rebuilds,  RahXephon, Gurren Lagann, Promare, Ghibli films and many more)

i collect a Ton of Harley Quinn items, game statues/figures. Mostly what comes in collector editions and a few extras... i have

Eredin, Father Joseph Seed, Princess Zelda figma, Joker persona mask,  Ellie LoU2, Lilith and Psycho from Borderlands, Red Knight Dark Souls 3, Wolf (Sekiro), Young Bucks unopened Funko, Ren/Stimpy funko, Freddy (5 Nights), Broly Legendary super saiyan BanPresto...

i also preordered and paid for

Evangelion statues from Eb Games, but the release keeps getting pushed back, probably because the movie has been pushed back.

Asuka

Mari 

Rei

i want to finish collecting with:

Spawn MK11

Batman who Laughs statue 

Joker figure

johnny Silverhand (Cyberpunk)

Nami (certain one) One Piece

another 2 Harley Quinn statues

and i recently bought the limited to 5000 made worldwide ($320 after express shipping)

for the record this girl sucks, but the only other review i found was in french lol

im looking to buy some glass cabinets and lighting to store them all.

Physical copies of games but I suppose that one is a bit obvious.

Empty bottles of alcohol (mostly rum but there’s also Vodka bottles). Any time I have a new rum or a Bundaberg brings out a different bottle I’ll keep it once it’s finished.

I also have a Phantom comic collection but haven’t added to it in years unfortunately.

Vinyl records mainly. I'm not a fan of coloured limited versions, I have maybe one or two of these. I buy records I like, or after listening to it online. Sometimes even cd, if I really like that album I must have it on cassette too.

I steal setlists after a concert. I plan to reach at least 100. 

I used to collect dvd too, now I'm tired and I think I'll sell most of these.

Of course, games I like and I want to have on physical version.

Oh, and pins too. I think I have almost 300 of these. Especially of bands or vg characters. I have a Baron Von Blubba pin, sometimes if I'm on a rock/metal concert people see it and think it's a mascotte, like Eddie for Iron Maiden xD 

• 2 months later...

I used to be an avid Funko Pop! collector, though afte ra year of colelcting these things I didn't see the fun in 'Funko' (yes pun intended) anymore and to this day I'm still trying to sell most of them. I also collected some YuGiOh cards for a while (I own some valueable ones but nothing big) and I own a lot of Marvel cmoics which I inherited from my uncle (mainly Spider-Man comics written in Dutch).

Currently I still collect stuff from my favorite game series, but mostly bigger things like statues, collector editions, (art)books, cards etc.

And next to collecting stuff from games I collect all sorts of items related to my favorite bands. I'm an enormous Iron Maiden, Metallica and Rammstein fan so every vinyl record, guitar pick, book, cd, poster you name it is welcome in my collection. I display most of my collection in some display cases from IKEA om my room. My collection isn't that big though I'm proud of it. :)

Almost everything I currently have:

Spoiler

Games:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Collector's Edition

Assassin's Creed Rogue Collector's Edition

Assassin's Creed 2's Ezio statue (from the Assassin's Creed 2 Collector Edition)

Monster Hunter World Collector's Edition

Doom (2016) Collector's Edition

Pink Doomguy Figure (23 cm height)

Elder Scrolls Online; Summerset Collector's Edition

Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind Collector guide

Elder Scrolls Online's Molag Bal statue (from the Imperial Collector Edition)

Elder Scrolls books (2 novels and 2 lore books)

Skyrim's Alduin statue (from the Collector's Edition)

Diablo 3 limited edition guide

Fallout 3 Collector's Edition (excluding original Bobblehead)

Fallout's Nuka Cola Limited Edition bottle cap (on chain)

Metal Sonic statue (lootcrate exclusive)

Music:

Lots of vinyl records (Iron Maiden, ACDC, Metallica, Phil Collins and U2)

Lots of cd's (Iron Maiden limited ones, Metallica, ACDC, Queen and more)

Lots of band shirts

Iron Maiden's Trooper beer (original, Fear of the Dark, Light Brigade, IPA, and 666)

Iron Maiden's Trooper beer Tin Collector's Can

Bruce Dickinson's autobiography (singer of Iron Maiden)

Rammstein's Feuerwasser (vodka)

Edited by its_ArchroniX
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

I collect shot glasses from all around the world.  Most of them are from places I've been myself but a few were gifts that friends and family brought me back when they went on a trip.  From Chicken, Alaska to Pompeii, Italy to Dubai, UAE to Auckland, New Zealand and a whole lot of places in between.  Last count I had 127.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, Dav9834 said:

Debt

Not the most fun collectible ?

Lmao so true.

I became an adult, sold most of my games and consoles to pay bills and now I’m in the habit of buying it all back lol.

The only thing that I collect right now are CIB copies of games, consoles and the accessories. The collection is quickly growing ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joeyc138 said:

Lmao so true.

I became an adult, sold most of my games and consoles to pay bills and now I’m in the habit of buying it all back lol.

The only thing that I collect right now are CIB copies of games, consoles and the accessories. The collection is quickly growing 1f608.png

Ouch, now that collection is way more costly now 

I feel your debt pain?

4 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Shame. I have a very large collection of shame.

I don't really actively collect anything, not even games really. I kind of just end up with stuff.

There's no shame in collecting shame! Or wait... I just did like a 10 calculations in my head and now I don't know if that phrase holds up to this.... I'm going to have dreams of figuring out this problem... 

And been there with the stuff, it just piles up, or ya know gets thrown in a cabinet for later use. 

I need more cabinets now that I think of it ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2021 at 1:48 AM, TomataEighty9 said:

I collect physical ps4 games. Used to collect movies (dvd and blu ray), but i got rid of them. Since streaming is a lot easier. Im gonna hold on to my games though, as i really enjoy having them. 

I find streaming services to be too limited in choices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Me too, thankfully you can find most things if you want to :) 

True.

The worst was during 2020 i was doing a "stay home and watch movies" review on facebook for my friends.

I then realized most of what i recommended wasnt availble on netflix, prime, disney etc.

Books mostly. I've got around 7,500-ish now. I've read about 90% of them. I know there's Goodreads but if there was some kind of leaderboard orientated site like PSNP for books, I reckon I'd have to be near the top. ?

Also, board games. I collect mostly the Lovecraftian stuff but the wife and I play a whole range. Quick picture of the room I'm in right now but this isn't even a quarter of what we've got:

No photo description available.

• Like 3