Do you collect something?

Puppeter04

The closest thing would be Metro/subway tokens and farecards from places I've lived/visited around the world.   (i.e., DC, NYC, Frankfurt, Rome, Boston, etc...)

The Tokyo transit system is insane, because it looks like a giant bowl of spaghetti.   And any little random stop on the far-off periphery, you emerge, expect to find a peaceful suburban area, only to find that it's just as crowded and dense as the city core, with shops, arcades, restaurants, electronic stores and pachinko parlors galore.  

Not really. I guess I can say games, but it's more that I just never sell them...so I've built up a decent collection over the years that continues to grow with the PS5 now. But I'm not specifically buying games for collection purposes...then again if I had more of a disposable income, I probably would do that.

I buy a lot of books - thrillers, crime novels, adventure stories, biographies, World War II true stories..... a decent range of genres.  I'm not reading them as quickly as I would like, but I will get there.

Blurays - currently have around 330 so far, and plenty more to get ?

Graphic Novels - I don't have a huge number, but there are enough to fill a shelf.

And CDs - I'm one of the dinosaurs who still prefers to buy music on disc rather than streaming it.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 6:54 PM, StewartBros said:

I buy a lot of books - thrillers, crime novels, adventure stories, biographies, World War II true stories..... a decent range of genres.  I'm not reading them as quickly as I would like, but I will get there.

Blurays - currently have around 330 so far, and plenty more to get 1f602.png

Graphic Novels - I don't have a huge number, but there are enough to fill a shelf.

And CDs - I'm one of the dinosaurs who still prefers to buy music on disc rather than streaming it.

More people need to read books. In recent years I’ve been reading books on Winston Churchill, Stalin, JFK assassination and it has really helped improve my attention span. 

Not just history, but novels by acclaimed writers like Ernest Hemingway and Stephen King. 

You definitely need patience to sit thru some books. 

• Like 2

On 26/11/2021 at 4:56 PM, AJ_Radio said:

More people need to read books. In recent years I’ve been reading books on Winston Churchill, Stalin, JFK assassination and it has really helped improve my attention span. 

Not just history, but novels by acclaimed writers like Ernest Hemingway and Stephen King. 

You definitely need patience to sit thru some books. 

Wow, from all the people here, I'm super glad to hear those words from you! I'm into some books too (and I read a good deal of stuff from here and there also) and really helps a lot, as improved a lot of many other skills. Thanks for sharing. :) 

I’m starting to collect whiskey bottles. My girlfriend has bought me a couple of little whiskey sets with the mini bottles of all different kinds of whiskey for birthdays/Christmas etc because I love it. I want to eventually have a couple of shelves full of all different kinds and sizes of bottles.

I used to collect funko pops but it became a bit too expensive of a habit.

I collect fridge magnets from any place I visit and have people bring me one back from wherever they go lol.

My girlfriend collects rare coins, specifically 50p coins.  

• Like 1

I love to collect Video games. Especially: PlayStation games. I want to own every PS2 game from the PAL region one day. But this is going to be hard, but I'm doing my best!

And I'm collecting Harley Quinn Funko Pops. Only 2 are missing, but I'm waiting for a good offer, cause they old ones are so expensive ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a decent sized collection of video game controllers, but only so I'll always have backups that I know aren't overpriced counterfeits.

I also have a big collection of video games, but it's never really been my goal to collect them. I just want to own as many of my games as possible, and have the option to sell them down the road if I so choose.

I guess I do collect video games, in that I don't get rid of the ones I purchased (at least back to the PS1 - I did sell my SNES and its games back then, because I was much poorer). But it's only "collecting" in the sense that they are piling up. I certainly don't search for them or anything.

Back in the day, I collected a few things. Baseball cards were probably my favorite, but that hobby was absolutely ruined by sweaty, loudmouth fat guys who decided that it might be a way to plan a retirement (LOL). Now, baseball card packs are absurdly expensive for what they offer; they're almost like loot boxes ("will you pull an autograph card?"). 

I do have a pretty decent collection of sports autographs, including the autographs of Joe Dimaggio, Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth (I met the first two, and someone gave me the last one).

• 1 year later...

Sketchbooks + art supplies( can never have enough), rocks , minerals, gemstones (i like looking at them and learning about weird ones) and weird things from the forest (acorns, strange leaves (used for plant identification).

• Like 1

I have a coin and old paper money collection but I don't actively collect anymore. I have some cool U.S silver dollar coins and some German paper money from the insane inflation before and during world war one among others.

• Like 1

I have a steelbook collection but I haven't added anything to it for quite some time now. I also have a Lion King collection consisting of stuffed toys, Funko Pops, all of the Scar comic books, and even a couple tattoos. 

Edited by Vulpine9Tails

Outside of trophies:

- I have a bookshelf filled with a few hundred physical CDs including some really rare and obscure stuff and limited edition boxsets.

- Another bookshelf for my physical gaming collection including PC, Amiga, N64, PS1-4, (3)DS and GB(A) games, though I sold a fair few over the last year.

- A bookshelf for my physical DVD collection including movies and TV boxsets.

- Tsum Tsum. A short collect-a-thon over about a month really, I wanted something to put in front of the music CDs for a bit of colour on the shelves and it took about 40-50 of them.

- A bookshelf filled with books (weird I know) as I like having physical copies of my favourites. Includes books, manga and graphic novels, some of which are out of print or are very hard to find.

Edited by Nauticus87
  • Like 1